Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 12-18-2008, 10:29 AM
  #8656  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Just curious, but has anybody noticed how unmatched the c hubs are? I had to go through 3 packs of 6 degree blocks to find two that were even close to being drilled the same.
Do mean left/right drilled or do you see different angles drilled?

I've gotten hubs labeled L that were actually R.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 11:16 AM
  #8657  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
Just curious, but has anybody noticed how unmatched the c hubs are? I had to go through 3 packs of 6 degree blocks to find two that were even close to being drilled the same.
How much are they off? They always just seem to have about a 2 degree wobble foreward and backwards. Or we there differances in the height in which they are drilled?

RedRocket
RedRocketRacing is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
  #8658  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I've noticed the inaccuracies in the molding in the hubs as well, they look simular, but when you look at the hinge pin hole they seem to be molded incorrectly.
a_main_attendee is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
  #8659  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Onroad Bermuda Triangle...
Posts: 1,741
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
How much are they off? They always just seem to have about a 2 degree wobble foreward and backwards. Or we there differances in the height in which they are drilled?

RedRocket
Yeah, differences in the heights they are drilled. One easy way to notice is the depth of the set screw holding the hinge pin in. One side the screw will stick out of the bottom of the hub, while the other the screw is recessed.
Xpress is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
  #8660  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Onroad Bermuda Triangle...
Posts: 1,741
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
I've noticed the inaccuracies in the molding in the hubs as well, they look simular, but when you look at the hinge pin hole they seem to be molded incorrectly.
I don't think it is a molding issue. The 0's are molded with the h pin hole in them. When they make the others they remove the pin and mold the piece whole and then drill them. That is why the 0 degree blocks and hubs are the only ones that are ever straight. I guess it's just poor jig alignment when drilling the parts?
Xpress is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 05:22 PM
  #8661  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I don't think it is a molding issue. The 0's are molded with the h pin hole in them. When they make the others they remove the pin and mold the piece whole and then drill them. That is why the 0 degree blocks and hubs are the only ones that are ever straight. I guess it's just poor jig alignment when drilling the parts?
hm, i didn't know that. All i know is that i have gotten plenty of bass-ackwards peices that are pretty noticably off.

It would be kinda cool if they sold a jig as well as blank hubs, so you can drill them out as you need them (dunno 'bout you guys but i break more right hubs than anything...) as well as the added adjustability that can come from using a jig.

A guy can dream though...
a_main_attendee is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 PM
  #8662  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
hm, i didn't know that. All i know is that i have gotten plenty of bass-ackwards peices that are pretty noticably off.

It would be kinda cool if they sold a jig as well as blank hubs, so you can drill them out as you need them (dunno 'bout you guys but i break more right hubs than anything...) as well as the added adjustability that can come from using a jig.

A guy can dream though...
thats a Great idea!

btw what direction your track race? i race at 360 and we been running Counter clockwise since summer, all I got is more than 10 rightside 4' caster blocks with me, I m keeping it till we change to clockwise to see if I break more rightside that way.

again great idea and hope someonce make this idea in production.

actually come to think of it I think we used to drilled epoxied 30' caster block to make in to 25' caster for XXX buggies when it came out first time, but don't remember how we did it
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM
  #8663  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoelV View Post
Standard hubs. The offset ones will make the car too wide.

I think it mount on inside hole of the rear arms, I tried at 360 (decent size carpet with rubber tyres) it square up the corners too much with noticeble corner scrub, IMO it should help on tight asphalt track.
Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I don't think it is a molding issue. The 0's are molded with the h pin hole in them. When they make the others they remove the pin and mold the piece whole and then drill them. That is why the 0 degree blocks and hubs are the only ones that are ever straight. I guess it's just poor jig alignment when drilling the parts?
but sad thing is we never run 0 degree!!
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 05:52 PM
  #8664  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
markf3x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

C hubs haven't been an issue.. I had Alum ones made about a year and a half ago in both 4 and 6 degrees.

markf3x is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 PM
  #8665  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
thats a Great idea!

btw what direction your track race? i race at 360 and we been running Counter clockwise since summer, all I got is more than 10 rightside 4' caster blocks with me, I m keeping it till we change to clockwise to see if I break more rightside that way.

again great idea and hope someonce make this idea in production.

actually come to think of it I think we used to drilled epoxied 30' caster block to make in to 25' caster for XXX buggies when it came out first time, but don't remember how we did it
At my local place we seem to almost always run clockwise (left to right down the back straight) so i too have some extra leftie's that i never seem to need.

After i typed that i actually fired up solidworks to mock up a simple little jig to drill holes, but then i realised i need blank hubs in the first place.

Perhaps we can fanagle a way to get some hub blanks from Losi?

I think the idea is cool, and its nothing i have ever heard of, it will cut production costs for Losi as well as if they market the idea they can earn some money off of a simple gain that anybody would use.
a_main_attendee is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
  #8666  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
RCSteve93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,601
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by markf3x View Post
C hubs haven't been an issue.. I had Alum ones made about a year and a half ago in both 4 and 6 degrees.
How much did it cost to get them made, and where did you get them?
RCSteve93 is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
  #8667  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

who made the aluminum ones for you and for how much? Those are nice!
ckimble1 is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
  #8668  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

C hubs haven't been an issue.. I had Alum ones made about a year and a half ago in both 4 and 6 degrees.
That's cool, but the added stress on the arm, hinge pin, and hinge pin mounts would seem to cause more trouble (broken arms, tweaked chassis) than some cheap hubs. Very cool nonetheless, where'd you pick them up at? i know dynamite had aluminum hubs for the xxx-s, but that's about it.
a_main_attendee is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 06:03 PM
  #8669  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Also, why do you run a short lcd and a long outdrive?

yet your arms are long?
a_main_attendee is offline  
Old 12-18-2008, 06:04 PM
  #8670  
Company Representative
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by markf3x View Post
C hubs haven't been an issue.. I had Alum ones made about a year and a half ago in both 4 and 6 degrees.
man ! thats nice piece of machinery!

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
At my local place we seem to almost always run clockwise (left to right down the back straight) so i too have some extra leftie's that i never seem to need.

After i typed that i actually fired up solidworks to mock up a simple little jig to drill holes, but then i realised i need blank hubs in the first place.

Perhaps we can fanagle a way to get some hub blanks from Losi?

I think the idea is cool, and its nothing i have ever heard of, it will cut production costs for Losi as well as if they market the idea they can earn some money off of a simple gain that anybody would use.
I guess running directin does affect that, we can just epoxy those holes to drill them, I dont think Losi would do anything for touring.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.