Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
Hey guys, a few folks in our club are struggling to get their R's working right on carpet with rubber tires. We're using Jaco Blue as our spec. Anybody mind pointing me to a reasonable setup to get these guys started in the right direction? Nothing too aggressive, if that's an option, the guys are still getting the hang of carpet. Thanks!
Originally Posted by jon Perkins
anybody have a good starting point setup for a Jrxs for rubbertire on carpet???
http://www.rctech.net/forum/4790351-post7904.html
Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
Hey guys, a few folks in our club are struggling to get their R's working right on carpet with rubber tires. We're using Jaco Blue as our spec. Anybody mind pointing me to a reasonable setup to get these guys started in the right direction? Nothing too aggressive, if that's an option, the guys are still getting the hang of carpet. Thanks!
Adam, get Haynes setup from IIC. I ran the same setup and it worked pretty damn good. You can try it on yours as well.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FOXY923
I was just wondering if anybody has tried/been successful in getting the battery tray screws to stay in the battery tray so they can't be lost? I was thinking of using shoe goo to put a bump on the thread right near the head of the screw while the screw was in the tray (hole). It would have to allow the screw to turn and screw all the way in but is this something that could be done? If it could it would save time looking for the screws and may even save a screw or 3.
That is interesting for I have never lost a screw on any of my cars. Even on the old car the screws stayed in on the battery tray. Do you have the standoffs stripped out maybe?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yeti35
That is interesting for I have never lost a screw on any of my cars. Even on the old car the screws stayed in on the battery tray. Do you have the standoffs stripped out maybe?
I haven't even used it yet, actually it's the Gen-X10. Just thought it would be easier at the pit when removing the battery. 4 little screws on the pit table can go missing real quick. If they stay in the tray they can't get lost.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

adam: i would ask the fast guy running the jrxs-r at your track. he's pretty cool and would be willing to help if asked.

you're running a tamiya, so i would consider converting.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by JoelV; 11-04-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The Rev
adam: i would ask the fast guy running the jrxs-r at your track. he's pretty cool and would be willing to help if asked.

you're running a tamiya, so i would consider converting.
Haha, not for me man, I don't drive an R anymore, I just get beat by them.

Actually, you're the first person we mentioned to go to for setup help since you've got things working so well. I've been thinking about trying to grab some popular setups for the cars newer guys are showing up with so we can get them in the ball park and save some frustration. Maybe make a some photocopies of each and keep them on the front counter or something. We've had a lot of folks show up lately that have never run carpet (or rubber tire), and struggle a bit with how different things are.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelV
For those looking for the steel lipo tray. Not sure how many they have, but I emailed before ordering to make sure they had it in stock and they said they did at www.rc-mushroom.com. Not too much of a fan of ordering from Hong Kong, but if it's the only place the thing is available then ok.
actually someone from Losi team told me that thing is "in-stock" at horizon's CA warehouse since this week, have your LHS place an order.

I know I m waing for one
Old 10-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For a rookie considering getting in to TC racing at a club level, is JRXS-R a difficult car to set up?

matt
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
actually someone from Losi team told me that thing is "in-stock" at horizon's CA warehouse since this week, have your LHS place an order.

I know I m waing for one
D'oh. I already placed an order. At least now I'll have a set of splits crystals too.

Originally Posted by webdr
For a rookie considering getting in to TC racing at a club level, is JRXS-R a difficult car to set up?

matt
Very easy car to work on and setup.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FOXY923
I haven't even used it yet, actually it's the Gen-X10. Just thought it would be easier at the pit when removing the battery. 4 little screws on the pit table can go missing real quick. If they stay in the tray they can't get lost.
I just lay the screws with the tray when I take it out so I know where they are at. I personally never use all four since there is a lip on the front of the tray to keep it in the chassis. I have been running like that for a long time with no issues and have not lost either of my two screws and I generally run two cars. I am guessing the GenX10 is making use of the lip on the tray as well, so you should only need two screws as also.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I just lay the screws with the tray when I take it out so I know where they are at. I personally never use all four since there is a lip on the front of the tray to keep it in the chassis. I have been running like that for a long time with no issues and have not lost either of my two screws and I generally run two cars. I am guessing the GenX10 is making use of the lip on the tray as well, so you should only need two screws as also.
2 screws works for me but I'm, still going to try my trick. My dad is my mechanic and the easier I can make it for him the better (He's not as young as he use to be)
Old 11-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default changing car

until now i have been using a very old saddle pack car, because i am not convinced that the current popular layout for TCs is the best, until i saw the jrxs type R. now i need some input from you guys before i buy this car. Is it really a step up in performance compared to 415,416, cyclone, xray because of its central battery and motor layout? does it really have the best cornering speed? also, why dont i see any spares being sold on ebay? is it really that unpopular?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alcyon
until now i have been using a very old saddle pack car, because i am not convinced that the current popular layout for TCs is the best, until i saw the jrxs type R. now i need some input from you guys before i buy this car. Is it really a step up in performance compared to 415,416, cyclone, xray because of its central battery and motor layout? does it really have the best cornering speed? also, why dont i see any spares being sold on ebay? is it really that unpopular?
It is so popular, everyone buys them so fast. I barely ever see a used Type-R up for sale because everyone loves them. That is why, if you see an opportunity to buy a Type-R used, jump on it because they are real popular and an opportunity to buy a car that retails new for $440 + tax, for $200, you can't go wrong.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alcyon
No spares = very little breakage!

I've got a whole heap of spares (enough to make almost another car), but the only ones I have been using are the suspension arms.... even that, once they were changed out to the newer arms, never had a breakage!

The central motor and batt layout is excellent for 50/50 front/rear and left/right weight distribution. In regards to if the car is quicker than the 415, 416, cyclone or Xray is entirely based on your setup.... Any car can be quick in the hands of the right driver!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.