Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
  #7681  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
with an RS in mix you'll be in A
You aren't kidding hahah, my car feels soooo much better w/ the tekin than w/ the gtb! It could be all in my head but somehow i doubt it. Either way i need a bit more wheel time to get into the a, i'm inconsistent now and that is killing me. This is only my second season back from a couple year break in racing so it will come back to me.

Do have suggestions for a 3.5 brushless (novak Light) w/ the tekin (rs pro) in the losi running lipo?
YmeBP is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
  #7682  
Ty
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
Ty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 531
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have an extra Losi steel tray (LOSA4312) they want to sell or know of any shops with them in stock?

Thanks,
Ty
Ty is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
  #7683  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,333
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
You aren't kidding hahah, my car feels soooo much better w/ the tekin than w/ the gtb! It could be all in my head but somehow i doubt it. Either way i need a bit more wheel time to get into the a, i'm inconsistent now and that is killing me. This is only my second season back from a couple year break in racing so it will come back to me.

Do have suggestions for a 3.5 brushless (novak Light) w/ the tekin (rs pro) in the losi running lipo?
gear it around 9.5FDR and with the tekin about 10 % - 12% timing
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM
  #7684  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
If your rear end is loose go to the 4a link like everyone says and about 2.5mm uptravel front 2 rear.

17/15 springs on most tracks.
I've been running 3 degrees rear toe lately 1 on the chassis, 1 on the hub, 1 on the block.

Also overdrive.

45/40 oil.

High Front, Low rear roll center.

either 4 degree caster blocks or 6 degree blocks and 2 degrees of antidive.

I usually always run high front diff on rubbers, and low or high rear diff depending on the feel of the track.

I always run the long ackerman link on asphalt since I switched to it at the beginning of the year.
Cool thanks for that it gives me some options to try.

How does moving the rear link inwards generate more grip? I was always under the impression that a longer more outward link generated more roll and thus more rear traction. I'm not questioning your guidance just like to understand the reasons.

Thanks
tim fry is offline  
Old 07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
  #7685  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,752
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

What ackerman position are you using for the steering posts?

I recently picked up a type R and so far have been please with its progress but I haven't quite gotten the initial turn on high to low speed entry or or transitional steering through s-turns I would like yet, any tips on how to improve the car in these areas would be appreciated.

So far I have found myself running high front w/low +030" rear roll centers, either 15 or 17.5lb springs and both ends, high front diff height with usually a high rear diff height & & overdrive spool. 1.25 deg camber on all corners with std fr link in #1 hole & rear link in 4/a, shocks all the way up in the front and all the way down in the rear, .40 bars front & back, 1.5deg rear toe with 2deg inboard and -.5 outer, arms back in the rear and centered in the front. 2.5mm uptravel in the rear, 1.5mm uptravel in the front, stk hexes, 35wt oil @ 50% rebound, 5mm height in the front & 5.5mm rear. ackerman is setup with posts forward, position 1 on the rack & knuckle w/ a .030 shim for bumpsteer.

In general the rear feels too planted at corner entry and onpower transitions and just pushes the front out of the corner. Weight is 50/50 front to back.

Mark
mtveten is offline  
Old 07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
  #7686  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
rcdougie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Stuart, FL
Posts: 489
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Just listed a Type R on ebay if anyone is interested.
rcdougie is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 06:58 AM
  #7687  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
What ackerman position are you using for the steering posts?

I recently picked up a type R and so far have been please with its progress but I haven't quite gotten the initial turn on high to low speed entry or or transitional steering through s-turns I would like yet, any tips on how to improve the car in these areas would be appreciated.

So far I have found myself running high front w/low +030" rear roll centers, either 15 or 17.5lb springs and both ends, high front diff height with usually a high rear diff height & & overdrive spool. 1.25 deg camber on all corners with std fr link in #1 hole & rear link in 4/a, shocks all the way up in the front and all the way down in the rear, .40 bars front & back, 1.5deg rear toe with 2deg inboard and -.5 outer, arms back in the rear and centered in the front. 2.5mm uptravel in the rear, 1.5mm uptravel in the front, stk hexes, 35wt oil @ 50% rebound, 5mm height in the front & 5.5mm rear. ackerman is setup with posts forward, position 1 on the rack & knuckle w/ a .030 shim for bumpsteer.

In general the rear feels too planted at corner entry and onpower transitions and just pushes the front out of the corner. Weight is 50/50 front to back.

Mark
At the suggestion of racers from Jackson R/C raceway i switched the ball stud on the steering rack to the holes closest to the centerline of the car and BAAAAMMM! turn in!
YmeBP is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 07:59 AM
  #7688  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
nitrobeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colonia, NJ
Posts: 2,369
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Where are you guys getting the .030 shims?
nitrobeast is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 AM
  #7689  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Onroad Bermuda Triangle...
Posts: 1,741
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Where are you guys getting the .030 shims?
.030" is @ .75 mm. TakeOff, 3Racing, Yokomo, and Kyosho each sell aluminum spacer in .25 and .50mm increments.
Xpress is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 09:49 AM
  #7690  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Where are you guys getting the .030 shims?
Losi part number A6215 (#4 washers) are the .030 washers or you could use any .75mm shim like Xpress said.
schreff is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 09:54 AM
  #7691  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,752
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
At the suggestion of racers from Jackson R/C raceway i switched the ball stud on the steering rack to the holes closest to the centerline of the car and BAAAAMMM! turn in!
Already there and not only did it help increase steering throughout the corner it made it smoother as well.

I was thinking of thinking either lowering my front rc or raising the rear so that there was less or no stagger beetween them, has this been your experience? I also noticed they every setup I found uses the upper inner camber link position on the front wouldn't the increased camber gain by going to the lower hole make the front react faster?

Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
Where are you guys getting the .030 shims?
The .030" ball stud washers are part # LOSA6215 for a pack of 10.

Mark
mtveten is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 09:58 AM
  #7692  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Medford Oregon
Posts: 201
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Up for grabs: http://http://www.rctech.net/forum/s...d.php?t=233499
Uncle Cliffy is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 AM
  #7693  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
Already there and not only did it help increase steering throughout the corner it made it smoother as well.

I was thinking of thinking either lowering my front rc or raising the rear so that there was less or no stagger beetween them, has this been your experience? I also noticed they every setup I found uses the upper inner camber link position on the front wouldn't the increased camber gain by going to the lower hole make the front react faster?



The .030" ball stud washers are part # LOSA6215 for a pack of 10.

Mark
I haven't changed the front from stock yet. I have the front set like Fairtrace said, rear hingepin carriers high, front hinge pin carriers low gives you anti-dive (i think that is anti dive anyway hahah) other than that i have the rc low in the rear again the car was soooo dialed that it completely put my driving skills (or lack there of) on front street so i'm pretty much done tweeking the car until i start overdriving it again. My goal is to make the bottom middle of the "A" consistently by seasons end.
YmeBP is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 11:18 AM
  #7694  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,752
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
I haven't changed the front from stock yet. I have the front set like Fairtrace said, rear hingepin carriers high, front hinge pin carriers low gives you anti-dive (i think that is anti dive anyway hahah) other than that i have the rc low in the rear again the car was soooo dialed that it completely put my driving skills (or lack there of) on front street so i'm pretty much done tweeking the car until i start overdriving it again. My goal is to make the bottom middle of the "A" consistently by seasons end.
Are you running 6deg blocks then? with .030" equal to 1deg and a .110 diff between high and low carriers that would be approx 3.5deg antidive.

Mark
mtveten is offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
  #7695  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
YmeBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,927
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
Are you running 6deg blocks then? with .030" equal to 1deg and a .110 diff between high and low carriers that would be approx 3.5deg antidive.

Mark
I'm running 4degrees up front i'm going to try to go to 6 degrees if i feel the need. I don't have any spacers or shims.
YmeBP is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.