Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 05-24-2008, 05:10 AM
  #7201  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What does everyone do with regards spur gears when running 13.5?
At my local track we need to run between 4.3 and 4.7 with Novaks and if I use the 118 spur I would need to use a massive pinion.
On my T2008 I just use an RW spur but with my Losi without the PRS spur gear adaptor what should I do?

Thanks
tim fry is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 09:01 PM
  #7202  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Andy Crosson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 275
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi Diffs

PLEASE HELP -

How often do you guys rebuild your diff, like actually get new thrust balls, washers, etc.?

Well, my problem is that my rear diff keeps slipping. Even though I've cleaned it out and reassembled it several times. I've tried changing bell tightnesses, front diff tightness, everything but buying new stuff.

what should I try, fix, or buy?
thanks.
Andy Crosson is offline  
Old 05-24-2008, 09:47 PM
  #7203  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Xpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Onroad Bermuda Triangle...
Posts: 1,741
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
What does everyone do with regards spur gears when running 13.5?
At my local track we need to run between 4.3 and 4.7 with Novaks and if I use the 118 spur I would need to use a massive pinion.
On my T2008 I just use an RW spur but with my Losi without the PRS spur gear adaptor what should I do?

Thanks
PRS has the adapters in stock again. Using a 108 about the smallest you can go is 43 on the pinion until the motor gets into the layshaft pulley. Trying to run the bigger spurs with a 13.5 you'll find that you have to grind away at the rear suspension mount. I just carry 108 and 112 spurs and between those two gears and 38 - 45 pinions have been able to gear the 13.5 for every track I have been on.
Xpress is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 01:20 AM
  #7204  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 13
Default Lipo tray

I just wanted to let everyone know that Horizon is know shipping the steel lipo trays, I just recieved one on saturday.
cfisher909 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 05:11 PM
  #7205  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Nice win for Larry Fairtrace at RROC this weekend. I guess now everyone can lay off the Type R since it has won two major races within the last year. Again, congrats to Larry for driving a smart race.
Yeti35 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 07:56 PM
  #7206  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

A definition of paranoia: "a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others."
adamge is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 07:04 AM
  #7207  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,786
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Here is the Winning Reedy race setup. Keep in mind this is probably only going to work on a super high bite track where your car is pushing.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-reedy-setup.jpg  
L.Fairtrace is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 08:07 AM
  #7208  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
xrayroooahhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CALGARY
Posts: 792
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default XXX-s

Not sure if there is a seperate thread....just wondering if anyone knows if you can buy the xxx-s alone or if you have to buy it ready to run?? If you can buy one as a kit does anyone know where???

Thanks....sorry for interupting this thread.....

R
xrayroooahhhh is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 AM
  #7209  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xrayroooahhhh View Post
Not sure if there is a seperate thread....just wondering if anyone knows if you can buy the xxx-s alone or if you have to buy it ready to run?? If you can buy one as a kit does anyone know where???

Thanks....sorry for interupting this thread.....

R
I don't think they sell it as anything else but RTR now. You would just have to hope you get lucky and someone is sitting on a never built kit.
Yeti35 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 AM
  #7210  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
xrayroooahhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CALGARY
Posts: 792
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default thanks....

Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
I don't think they sell it as anything else but RTR now. You would just have to hope you get lucky and someone is sitting on a never built kit.
Thanks.....just noticed a couple of sites....in europe....saying they have a xxx e-racer???? Looks the same as xxx-s just as a kit??? Thanks for any info guys,
R
xrayroooahhhh is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
  #7211  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,508
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Here is the Winning Reedy race setup. Keep in mind this is probably only going to work on a super high bite track where your car is pushing.
CONGRATS BRO!!! I'll let you use my bullet proof vest next time you're up here cause now people will be gunning for ya.
STLNLST is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
  #7212  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,953
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
CONGRATS BRO!!! I'll let you use my bullet proof vest next time you're up here cause now people will be gunning for ya.
don't worry about stlnlst though, he's only got blanks
Matt Howard is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 PM
  #7213  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,508
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
don't worry about stlnlst though, he's only got blanks
I may have to shoot him....heck, he's taller than me His car was dialed bro. He was faster than you ever hoped of being
STLNLST is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
  #7214  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,953
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I may have to shoot him....heck, he's taller than me His car was dialed bro. He was faster than you ever hoped of being
That's cool, now we both have more wins at SWR than you do
Matt Howard is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 12:48 PM
  #7215  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,508
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
That's cool, now we both have more wins at SWR than you do
No...he's has one win and I have one win.
STLNLST is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.