Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree17Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
  #6241  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Does the spool pulley have the holes for diff balls? If the pulley has it, then it is the wrong one. It should have a solid piece over the holes.
Brian L is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
  #6242  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
MaxRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default torque screwdrivers

Does anyone use these to precisely set your diffs after rebuilds?

I know that some suggest the feel, but wouldn't it be easier to set it using the screwdriver?

Looking for feedback.
MaxRain is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 PM
  #6243  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 87
Default Snappy Rear End

Hiya all,

I'm a racer in Singapore presently running the R for the last year and a half in mod asphalt. This year's race series has a 23turn handout motor instead of the mod class. And there's no weight limit anymore. I have a problem with a snappy rear end.

Mod setup : Front 15lbs 40wt, spool, .04" roll bar. Rear 12.5lbs 40wt, .06" roll bar. LRP SphereComp on 6.5 turn brushless with IB4200 batteries and Sorex 40R all round. Weight around 1500g

23T Stock : Front 17.5lbs,spool .04" roll bar. Rear 12.5lbs 40wt, .06"roll bar. LRP SphereComp on Xenon 23turn with Orion 4800 Lipo. Weight 1340g

The car suffers from on power oversteering. When I squeeze, the rear wants to switch places with the front. I have tamed it by lowering the punch control on the LRP, adding a harder spring. Losing both front and rear roll bars had no difference so i put them back.

I need someone to critique my thoughts below.

1) I'm guessing with the drastic weight loss from the Lipo, the car has less tendency to want roll through corners. Will softer 10.5lbs springs all round help? I prefer soft cars as i find them easier to drive fast.
2) Max out the droop in front, this allows the weight to transfer rearward and sit the car down on corner exit.
3) Stock motors have alot of engine drag brake when I release the trigger, mainly due to the bushings. Move all static weight to the front.

Hope you guys can help me out here.
elijahbaley is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 PM
  #6244  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,355
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by elijahbaley View Post
Hiya all,

I'm a racer in Singapore presently running the R for the last year and a half in mod asphalt. This year's race series has a 23turn handout motor instead of the mod class. And there's no weight limit anymore. I have a problem with a snappy rear end.

Mod setup : Front 15lbs 40wt, spool, .04" roll bar. Rear 12.5lbs 40wt, .06" roll bar. LRP SphereComp on 6.5 turn brushless with IB4200 batteries and Sorex 40R all round. Weight around 1500g

23T Stock : Front 17.5lbs,spool .04" roll bar. Rear 12.5lbs 40wt, .06"roll bar. LRP SphereComp on Xenon 23turn with Orion 4800 Lipo. Weight 1340g

The car suffers from on power oversteering. When I squeeze, the rear wants to switch places with the front. I have tamed it by lowering the punch control on the LRP, adding a harder spring. Losing both front and rear roll bars had no difference so i put them back.

I need someone to critique my thoughts below.

1) I'm guessing with the drastic weight loss from the Lipo, the car has less tendency to want roll through corners. Will softer 10.5lbs springs all round help? I prefer soft cars as i find them easier to drive fast.
2) Max out the droop in front, this allows the weight to transfer rearward and sit the car down on corner exit.
3) Stock motors have alot of engine drag brake when I release the trigger, mainly due to the bushings. Move all static weight to the front.

Hope you guys can help me out here.
whats your rollcenter set at?(front and rear)camber links? whats your whole set up?
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
  #6245  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
The Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

it's probably due to having too much weight in the rear from the motor. not too much you can do other then ballast the front with lead. The r is somewhat known for being less then ideal on asphalt as is, so when you take even more weight out of the front, it gets tail happy due to the motor swinging the rear around.

also, you could try stiffer rear springs to make the snap more predictable, and lower the rear roll center.
The Rev is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
  #6246  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

When I used my R underweight (with LiPo) it cornered like a 1/12th scale. It was also the most twitchy, ridiculously unpredictable thing I'd ever driven. I'm guessing there's quite a bit of setup changes that would need to happen to really take advantage of a lighter car.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
  #6247  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 87
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
whats your rollcenter set at?(front and rear)camber links? whats your whole set up?
Front : Inner suspension pin full low. JR link. Spring at #2 middle. Upper camber link #3 longest and most angled down.

Rear : Inner suspension pin full low, arms forward for shorter wheelbase. Upper camber link #4A

Hope this helps
elijahbaley is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
  #6248  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,038
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

whats the scoop with the steel lipo tray? I need one and cant find it
convikt is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 08:33 PM
  #6249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by convikt View Post
whats the scoop with the steel lipo tray? I need one and cant find it
No longer in production from what I heard.
Yeti35 is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 08:40 PM
  #6250  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,038
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
No longer in production from what I heard.
thats crazy. Doesnt losi see a demand for these things? Thats right, they got more ready-to-runs to make. Thanks for the reply though
convikt is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 08:44 PM
  #6251  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jrr102486's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The One With The Light Saber
Posts: 1,570
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by convikt View Post
thats crazy. Doesnt losi see a demand for these things? Thats right, they got more ready-to-runs to make. Thanks for the reply though
there has been rumor floating aroound that they will do another, but not sure when
jrr102486 is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
  #6252  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 87
Default

Originally Posted by The Rev View Post
it's probably due to having too much weight in the rear from the motor. not too much you can do other then ballast the front with lead. The r is somewhat known for being less then ideal on asphalt as is, so when you take even more weight out of the front, it gets tail happy due to the motor swinging the rear around.

also, you could try stiffer rear springs to make the snap more predictable, and lower the rear roll center.
Thanks alot. I never thought going harder in the rear. I'll give that a try.
elijahbaley is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 11:06 PM
  #6253  
Tech Master
iTrader: (72)
 
Sigearhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

In regards to the steel lipo battery tray...
I have a guy making some and I will try and see if there is enough interest. PM me if you want one so I can get an idea of how many and see what price I can sell them for. It's not something that is easy to make so I'm guessing in the area of $35 shipped.
Sigearhead is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:28 AM
  #6254  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (-1)
 
FARBES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SACRAMENTO, CA
Posts: 121
Default

Hi, there is hope for someone can answermy question:

In eventually, If i wanted to upgrade the tech chassis. So I would buy JRXS Type R kit. But I am very concerning that Horizon Hobby will stop to contuining make the LOSI JRXS type R kits in future, is that true?
FARBES is offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:31 AM
  #6255  
Tech Master
iTrader: (72)
 
Sigearhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Near future...No....They still make parts for the XXX-S G+ if that tells you anything.
Sigearhead is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.