Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I had issues with the PRS spurs in that I stripped three of the over the week and I am seriously thinking about going back to the stock spurs to avoid this isssue anymore.
I think we narrowed it down to the fact that the front is basically locked with a one-way in there, and if power is applied while the front is bound in any way, it all goes into the spur which will flex and strip. I don't know if it's because the gear is thinner, more flexible, or further out on the shaft. Good job at the race. :-)
Old 10-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

The setup I ran on my stock foam car was as far as I know what Shreffler was running on his car. I got it from him and for not having ever run foam on carpet it was pretty easy to drive and got me the win in the G stock foam main. I probably could have run faster but was having breakage issues earlier in the week in practice as well as qualifying. So to say the least I was a little tentative to really push the issue on getting more speed out of it.

Setup I ran on my rubber car also came from Schreffler and all I did there was change to the JR link and run a oneway. It was running pretty well also but I ran rather safe in that car. I had issues with the PRS spurs in that I stripped three of the over the week and I am seriously thinking about going back to the stock spurs to avoid this isssue anymore.

Jason's car looked phenominal and both races he was in was his races if not for his mishap.
I was stripping spurs like crazy with the PRS adapter. Went back to the stock gears and have not stripped one since. I am referring to dual diffs/foams/carpet. Outside with a spool I did not strip any gears with the adapter. I have never ran the one way.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

great job guys....

good to see losi cars on the podium...

alls i gots to say..................TARE IT UP....................
Old 10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default IIC

Yo yo fellas!!!

Wow, what can I say? I couldn't have asked for anything more out of the Type R at the IIC. Larry and I spent soo much time testing at Horsham, which we were very lucky to get that practice time. That helped us soo much to have a baseline for Vegas. I have to thank the Young family and Jeff Cuffs for that.

Now onto the race itself. Practice started rough. The carpet was fuzzing up really bad and cars were literally losing traction as the runs would go on. As more cars processed through practice, the track surface got much better. It was pretty much pointless to make changes since the track needed time to "come in". I had 2 cars setup for this race, 1 for stock and 1 for 19t. After practice finished up, I decided on running my 19t car for both classes.

Needless to say, the car was top fuel. I had a car fast enough to TQ stock, but it wasn't quite as good as Dumas' car in 19t. Of course, I would rather be slower than Dumas than anyone else. I ended up qualifying 2nd in both classes.

In the mains, it was tough to know what to expect. We had to run 2 races after a rubber class, which made the track slower. My car didn't seem phased by it. I had good starts in both classes, but as most of you already know, I didn't finish either main. I crashed out of the 19t main having a 2 second lead on Dumas, which was COMPLETELY my fault. In the stock main, I basically went for broke. I wanted a win and got greedy. I overdrove the car and made a mistake in the same corner as 19t and broke the car there too.

I only have myself to blame on my finishing results. I'm still kinda in shock and angry with myself with what happened.

I have to thank Larry though for keeping me calm and giving the pep talk. It was also great to work with the team too. It's a small group, but they are all great racers. We all worked together and the setup compilation helped Brian Lutz make the stock A main and Haynes was definitely quick enough for the 19t A main, but missed it by such a small margin.

All in all, it was a great event for my first real big race on the Type R. I personally know of a few fast guys pondering going to a Type R now. The car is the real deal and it showed!

Oh ya, for anyone that wants to know... I broke caster blocks in the mains. I have to cut my axles down since it seems as though they caught the wall when the wheel was turned and just snapped the blocks. I will also work on posting the setup sometime tomorrow once I get everything unpacked.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I think we narrowed it down to the fact that the front is basically locked with a one-way in there, and if power is applied while the front is bound in any way, it all goes into the spur which will flex and strip. I don't know if it's because the gear is thinner, more flexible, or further out on the shaft. Good job at the race. :-)
I can go with that theory I suppose since that car was the same one I ran outdoors for asphalt and did not strip one spur in it at all. I had no issues with my foam car either since it was just a diff up front. So maybe I will not give up on it yet, although I do need to get some more spurs!!

Someone asked about breakage, mine was on the foam car and the arms on it were the old ones and unfortunately that was all I had for spares. I even tried to get some from the Ampdraw and it turned out those were the old ones too. I managed to get a set from Filipow for the rear of my car and did not have anymore issues after that. I thank J for helping me out in that respect. All the guys that ran for Losi are very helpful as long as you approach them at the right time. Jason and Larry were a great help to me as far as the setups on both of my cars and I appreciate all their hard work.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks to Schreff and Larry for all the help this weekend. My car started off awesome and I lost a handle on it when traction came up. They got me dialed in for the last round to make the show. We had a awesome weekend for the size of team there and have a great base to work off for the future. Also thanks to Haynes for pitting and working with me this weekend.

As Schreff said, the car is the real deal. Our cars where as good or better than anything there.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
From the sounds of the race in round 4 of qualifying and in the A-Main Dumas had some bad luck. Sounds like his car was dialed.
I think he was fastest last year in Vegas too! Or close to it. He just needs to get a clean run.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jeffb
I think he was fastest last year in Vegas too! Or close to it. He just needs to get a clean run.
Didn't he TQ Snowbirds this year by a decent margin and then have bad luck in the main? And didn't Todd turn fast laps all weekend at Snowbirds?

I don't like to point to the car, because it's nothing without the talented people driving it. But, it's nice to know that in the right hands, this car can run with the best. I think sponsoring drivers is as much about getting new racers as it is retaining the existing folks. It's reassuring to see the car do so well, and quells any urge to jump to something else simply because it's new, and has a long list of "evolutionary" updates.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I may be getting a JRXS-R soon and I will be running rubber tires on carpet.

Where are the setup sheets from the team drivers?

All I can find on teamlosi.com is the blank and standard setup.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Lord

Anybody got a picture of how they're doing bullet connectors on your batteries in this car. Yes, NiMH... simmer down.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Anybody got a picture of how they're doing bullet connectors on your batteries in this car. Yes, NiMH... simmer down.
Are you going to make me post a pic again about this?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Lord

Are you going to make me post a pic again about this?
Have you posted it before? I totally blocked it out of my mind!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Have you posted it before? I totally blocked it out of my mind!
Yes but here you go again!! Old picture but still do it the same way but maybe a bit neater now.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00077.jpg  
Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Pivot Block Shims Question

Does Losi make shims that are the same shape as the pivot blocks to place under pivot blocks? Or do you guys just use normal round shims\spacers under the pivot blocks to raise the roll center?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.