Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree1Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Reply

Old 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM
  #4471  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
GCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Batteries and performance

First off, Ron I know what you're thinking, and yes I know you have to be smooth to be fast but.......................

I run 3900 stick packs at the moment and just bought a case of ProMatch IB4200s. Everyone tells me practice sticks and matched cells are night and day, but could someone please help me to understand what the benefits are over the non matched blah packs.. I guess I thought of this a little late since I already dumped 400+ in the 4200s

Thanx guys
GCracker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
  #4472  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GCracker View Post
First off, Ron I know what you're thinking, and yes I know you have to be smooth to be fast but.......................

I run 3900 stick packs at the moment and just bought a case of ProMatch IB4200s. Everyone tells me practice sticks and matched cells are night and day, but could someone please help me to understand what the benefits are over the non matched blah packs.. I guess I thought of this a little late since I already dumped 400+ in the 4200s

Thanx guys
Are they matched 4200's or just his left over unmatched didn't make the cut cells? If they are the later you are really no better off then when you had the stick packs.
Yeti35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
  #4473  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally Posted by Capelracer View Post
Can I use 48p spurs with the PRS adaptor??? (& yes I do want to - was trashing a 64p every 2nd club day when I was using them )
Man when I was shipping the Pooky brackets last year in a padded envelope it was only around 5-7 dollars all over the world. I would always use the USPS for the shipping.

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:40 PM
  #4474  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
ICEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Do all you Losi guys not Get tired of POOKY posting all his Mumdo Jumbo on here, MUHHHAAAAAAAAAA
ICEMAN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
  #4475  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
GCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Are they matched 4200's or just his left over unmatched didn't make the cut cells? If they are the later you are really no better off then when you had the stick packs.
Yeti,

They are Promatch IB4200 matched cells specs are 1.225+ AV 430+ Runtime
GCracker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
  #4476  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Here are the vids from the Express Paved On-Road Champs if anyone wants to seem mine and Larry's Type Rs in action...

Stock A Main
http://stage6.divx.com/user/schreff/...Main-6-10-2007

19 Turn A Main
http://stage6.divx.com/user/schreff/...Main-6-10-2007
schreff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:18 PM
  #4477  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by POOKYT View Post
Man when I was shipping the Pooky brackets last year in a padded envelope it was only around 5-7 dollars all over the world. I would always use the USPS for the shipping.

Brant
Um...what's a Pooky Bracket, and why do I suddenly want one?!
Myhre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
  #4478  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
Default

Just gave her a bath and installed the 41T pulley on the front. I'm thinking maybe my front belt is a little worn out. A bit too much slack in it.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_4092.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-img_4094.jpg  
Myhre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:39 PM
  #4479  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (194)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,415
Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Myhre View Post
Just gave her a bath and installed the 41T pulley on the front. I'm thinking maybe my front belt is a little worn out. A bit too much slack in it.
well you can adjust the tension
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:45 PM
  #4480  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Loose is good, to a point.
Yeti35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:57 PM
  #4481  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post


well you can adjust the tension
I've got it rotated all the way out, it won't go any further.
Myhre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 PM
  #4482  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Myhre View Post
I've got it rotated all the way out, it won't go any further.
It never really gets that tight since it is so long and it has such a big stretch to cover. I would not make it real tight, loose is better as long as you are not loosin the belt.
Yeti35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 AM
  #4483  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,819
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Myhre View Post
Just gave her a bath and installed the 41T pulley on the front. I'm thinking maybe my front belt is a little worn out. A bit too much slack in it.

A good rule of thumb is to listen for skipping under hard acceleration and braking. For stock and 19 turn racing my front belt is extremely loose.
RBLove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:22 AM
  #4484  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Loose is good, to a point.
"Loose is Fast and on the edge of out of control" Harry Hyde Days of Thunder!

Myhre--I'm sure your belt is loose but I bet its not really worn out. I ran the same stock belts for 2 years in my JRXS. Although I do remember setting the belt tension for my buddy last week and his belt was also very loose. hmmmmm....I will have to check it out again.

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:25 AM
  #4485  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
Do all you Losi guys not Get tired of POOKY posting all his Mumdo Jumbo on here, MUHHHAAAAAAAAAA
Thread-Jacker!!!! Its ok for you groupies to come in here from time to time but you must only read and not interrupt!!! Sorry fellas I have too many fans!

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service