Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree1Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Reply

Old 06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
  #4321  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (7)
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

what will my internal drive ratio be again if i use the 41t pulley up front? thanks!
ROBORAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:14 PM
  #4322  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
what will my internal drive ratio be again if i use the 41t pulley up front? thanks!
Just use the 1.83 as your internal. The 41 only changes the front drive so you still base your gearing off of the 1.83. At least I do.

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:20 PM
  #4323  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (203)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 29,520
Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by POOKYT View Post
Just use the 1.83 as your internal. The 41 only changes the front drive so you still base your gearing off of the 1.83. At least I do.

Brant
i ran the 41t pulley today and i loved it
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 PM
  #4324  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i ran the 41t pulley today and i loved it
I have not run anything but a 41 in mine from day one for that is all I ran in the old car.
Yeti35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 PM
  #4325  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

I need to give it a whirl with this Nats set-up and see how it is. I know in the old car it really made the thing come alive off of the corner.

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:33 PM
  #4326  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Mike Haynes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Area 51
Posts: 3,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I have been running the 41 as well since the first day i ran my type r on pavement...just gives it more steering overall. I don't think you should need to gear any different.
Mike Haynes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 PM
  #4327  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
I have been running the 41 as well since the first day i ran my type r on pavement...just gives it more steering overall. I don't think you should need to gear any different.
Pavement huh????? Glad to hear that!!! LMAO

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:35 PM
  #4328  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (203)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 29,520
Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
I have been running the 41 as well since the first day i ran my type r on pavement...just gives it more steering overall. I don't think you should need to gear any different.
i geared mine the same no difference
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
  #4329  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (26)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,167
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I don't get to run again until father's day weekend. ....but I get to run Saturday and Sunday that weekend. Have to take a little break since I was running so much practicing for the Reedy. After this little break it's all testing for the nats. I have my jr link installed right now. The last time I took it off with the set up I was running my lap times improved. We'll see if that's the same story with the set up that's on the car right now.
STLNLST is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 PM
  #4330  
Tech Addict
 
RussB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 736
Default

pook, that setup is a nice starting point huh?

i switched over to the 41t on my car. we'll see how it works out next time at the track.
RussB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:47 PM
  #4331  
Tech Addict
 
RussB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 736
Default

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I don't get to run again until father's day weekend. ....but I get to run Saturday and Sunday that weekend. Have to take a little break since I was running so much practicing for the Reedy. After this little break it's all testing for the nats. I have my jr link installed right now. The last time I took it off with the set up I was running my lap times improved. We'll see if that's the same story with the set up that's on the car right now.
are you just running mod? seriously, you can run my car in 19t if you want, it's all set up for it. you just gotta replace anything you break
RussB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM
  #4332  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (81)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,894
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
what will my internal drive ratio be again if i use the 41t pulley up front? thanks!
I believe the internal changes to 1.80 or a 1.81. Very minimal.
RBLove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:16 AM
  #4333  
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Originally Posted by RussB View Post
pook, that setup is a nice starting point huh?

i switched over to the 41t on my car. we'll see how it works out next time at the track.

Russ--I was telling Yeti last night that with the '06 Nats set-up my car felt just like my JRXS with the Numan set-up except it was way faster around the corners. I ended up going to 6 deg. front blocks and 12.5 rear springs and I kept the Jr. link. If I had to lean on it a bit the car was still stable and fast. I was running 19 turn as well. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Brant
POOKYT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:28 AM
  #4334  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (26)
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,167
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RussB View Post
are you just running mod? seriously, you can run my car in 19t if you want, it's all set up for it. you just gotta replace anything you break
Mod only for me unless there's no mod class. Thanks for the offer but I'll just run my ride. If I'm out to the track to run then there's no reason why I can't run my own rig
STLNLST is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:15 AM
  #4335  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

That setup felt pretty good to me last time I ran it as well. I had some other issues though that did not allow me to real well with the car. The only changes I made was the 41t Spool and no weight in the front end. I have never tried anything above 4 degree so I don't know what to expect with that change. I will get to run it again this weekend and see how it feels since I got my other problems worked out.
Yeti35 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service