Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyB
did someone say revolution this one I bought new in like 1986 or 1987. Melted quite a few hornet gear boxes with it.
And those markes on the motor that from when we used to have to solder diodes on the motor can.
Wow, reminds me of the days when the Landgraff car (Dominator) ruled southern California.

So, Losi is testing a BL ESC and motor? Let me guess, it's a GM or Quark ESC and a SpeedPassion motor with Losi stickers on it? :-) Am I right? Am I right? It's gotta be OEM something.

And screw 5 cell, right to hell with you 5 cell. 5 cell must die. DIE!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Wow, reminds me of the days when the Landgraff car (Dominator) ruled southern California.

So, Losi is testing a BL ESC and motor? Let me guess, it's a GM or Quark ESC and a SpeedPassion motor with Losi stickers on it? :-) Am I right? Am I right? It's gotta be OEM something.

And screw 5 cell, right to hell with you 5 cell. 5 cell must die. DIE!

Joo know too mush about brushless! Ve are Vatching Joo!!!

So c'mon now.......really! What do ya think about 5 cell?

Brant
Old 05-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Joo know too mush about brushless! Ve are Vatching Joo!!!

So c'mon now.......really! What do ya think about 5 cell?

Brant
See, the thing with 5 cell is that if clubs start going that route, it puts the LiPo guys in a bad position, especially with a lot of guys switching. I'm sure it's the greatest thing ever for big races, but it's going to be a hard sale for the club racer that's going in a completely different direction. I don't care if LiPo ever gets approved for big races, but I don't wanna give it up in the clubs.

For 5 cell, I don't have enough middle fingers. :-)

As for the BL stuff, it's easy. There's basically Novak, LRP, and SpeedPassion (motors). SP does OEM for basically everybody. There's a few other companies like Lehner and Hacker, but they're not really used in the cars that much that I've seen, outside of bashers and gas->electric conversions.

For BL ESC's, it's Novak, LRP, GM and Quark for sensored. Sensorless is Tekin, Castle, and uh... I think that's it. The GM and Quark ESC seem to allow you the option of using it with or without the Hall sensors, while the LRP and Novak do not. That makes them a true "system" since they should be compatible with nearly all motors. There's a few other more obscure brands, I think they're maybe used in boats, or nowhere.

Thus concludes brushless 101. Those of you still using brushed motors have to come in after school for detention.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Lord

I'm missing tonight's club race, stuck in a hotel near DC. So lame. I want to race! I wonder if there's any tracks around the Herndon area. I could sneak in with my "syndr0me" shirt and see if I get beat up.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SWEET!!!!!!!

Anybody got a Jr's Choice motor still ????????? Or a Motown Missle??????

Old Skool Rocks!!!

Brant
Old Fart CEO
B-Main Motorsports
that one was the revolution insane.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I still run my Motown Missle.......

SWEET!!!!!!!

Anybody got a Jr's Choice motor still ????????? Or a Motown Missle??????

Old Skool Rocks!!!

Brant
Old Fart CEO
B-Main Motorsports
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
See, the thing with 5 cell is that if clubs start going that route, it puts the LiPo guys in a bad position, especially with a lot of guys switching. I'm sure it's the greatest thing ever for big races, but it's going to be a hard sale for the club racer that's going in a completely different direction. I don't care if LiPo ever gets approved for big races, but I don't wanna give it up in the clubs.

For 5 cell, I don't have enough middle fingers. :-)

As for the BL stuff, it's easy. There's basically Novak, LRP, and SpeedPassion (motors). SP does OEM for basically everybody. There's a few other companies like Lehner and Hacker, but they're not really used in the cars that much that I've seen, outside of bashers and gas->electric conversions.

For BL ESC's, it's Novak, LRP, GM and Quark for sensored. Sensorless is Tekin, Castle, and uh... I think that's it. The GM and Quark ESC seem to allow you the option of using it with or without the Hall sensors, while the LRP and Novak do not. That makes them a true "system" since they should be compatible with nearly all motors. There's a few other more obscure brands, I think they're maybe used in boats, or nowhere.

Thus concludes brushless 101. Those of you still using brushed motors have to come in after school for detention.
You can't even count Tekin because it's not even out yet. For those of us that have run it......it's great when it's working.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Todd and Ron, I got my package today and just wanted to say thanks!!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Well, broke the last of my front arms tonite...

I saw in this forum that some of you guys are running short arms. Since I am not very familar with losi cars (my first one)...can you guys give me the part# for the short arm, so I can order it. Thx.

BTW, what gear ratio or roll out would you recommend for a Novak 6.5T with rubber tires.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chumanji
Since I am not very familar with losi cars (my first one)...can you guys give me the part# for the short arm, so I can order it. Thx.
LOSA 9739A Front arms and LOSA 9861A Rear Arms.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Do we have an ETA on the one way for this car yet?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yeti35
LOSA 9739A Front arms and LOSA 9861A Rear Arms.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

anyone can help me? I have a diff problem with this type R. all of the pulley which is have a ball bearing are melted, although I have tighten the front diff and a bit loose at the back. I am using GTB with 4.5R with 9.56 final ratio. I build the diff as per manual, is there anything wrong with my setup or something wrong with the diff?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

The R had its first run last night. Wow, this thing is good. I made maybe 3 or 4 setup changes to the Kit and got within 4 seconds of the Track Record.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JRXS_chris
The R had its first run last night. Wow, this thing is good. I made maybe 3 or 4 setup changes to the Kit and got within 4 seconds of the Track Record.
And whose track record is that Good to hear it's going well Christoff That truly used and abused JRXS of yours can be retired!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.