Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HELP!! trf415 pinion >

HELP!! trf415 pinion

HELP!! trf415 pinion

Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HELP!! trf415 pinion

hi, i am running a trinity p94 7turn double on a trf415msx. i am having trouble finding the correct pinion to go with the 102 teeth spur. The question is what is the ideal number of teeth on the pinion should i be using? i started off with a 35 teeth, but i think the ratios is too high for the motor and the motor is super hot, and my sphere esc keep shutting the car down. i went down to a 26 teeth pinion and the car runs but it seems like its pure accel and has no top speed and motor is still hot. i dont want to keep guessing on the pinion and wasting money, can anyone tell me what pinion i should be running.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

What kind of track are you running on? got a pic? Carpet or Ashpault? Ask the fast guys what thier Final Drive Ratio Is.

35 is creating a 6.37 FDR
26 is creating a 8.58 FDR

Ya, but the only thing you can do without having to buy couple more pinions, is what what the fast guys are running for Final Drive Ratio. I assume ur running on apshault. Let me know
Old 08-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HKPOWAH
hi, i am running a trinity p94 7turn double on a trf415msx. i am having trouble finding the correct pinion to go with the 102 teeth spur. The question is what is the ideal number of teeth on the pinion should i be using? i started off with a 35 teeth, but i think the ratios is too high for the motor and the motor is super hot, and my sphere esc keep shutting the car down. i went down to a 26 teeth pinion and the car runs but it seems like its pure accel and has no top speed and motor is still hot. i dont want to keep guessing on the pinion and wasting money, can anyone tell me what pinion i should be running.
With that wind, you will want to be between 8.2:1 and 8.9:1. If you travel with 25, 26, and 27 tooth pinions, you should be good on most tracks.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

one more place to help you out ... www.gearchart.com