Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help setting up ESC...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help setting up ESC...

Hi. I posted this in the rookie forum and di'dnt get much of a response. Figured I'd try here. OK. i'm trying to switch from mechanical to electronic speed control. I have a duratrax ESC hooked up to my car (smarttech). The ESC has the two lights that light up during set-up. the neutral point light (one green) works fine. but when i try to set the full throttle (the next step, supposed to light up the red light) both lights come on. This is supposed to be the reverse set-up signal. when I try reverse, just the red light turns on (full-throttle signal) So it seems to me that somehow the forward and reverse are mixed up somehow, because when its in reverse it accelerates at like 3 times the rate of forward. I tried adjusting it on the controller but that did'nt help. I re did the set-up like 3 times with the same results. It is a stock 27 turn 540 motor with capacitors already installed. I cant seem to figure it out. I seems as though it should just be a switch on the Tx but those don't help. One of em' switches the throttle around (so forward is reverse and vice versa) and the other changes the steering (left is right, right is left). It hauls ass in reverse but has real slow acceleration going forward. If anyone has any ideas what it might be please let me know.

Thanks a bunch,

Steve
Old 08-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Try reversing the throttle in your radio.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

i tried reversing the throttle and that did'nt do it. any other suggestions?

thanks,

Steve
Old 08-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sounds like you have the motor polarity wrong. Switch the positive and negative wires on the motor around.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

my first impression is that you will need to do both the previous suggestions, switch the motor wires around, and also reverse the signal on the tx