R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maestro
Maybe you are paying or getting paid unreal figures, my friend. Its probably also why kyosho and losi dont have any world class talent left on the teams.
Wow, that wasn't necessary. I am just stating that you do not appear to be an "insider" within this industry, so I am reluctant to believe anything you are stating relating to this topic. Your "elite" drivers make a comfortable living, they are not receiving a seven figure income. Thank you, drive through.
Punched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:46 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

A small handful (World champions) are making a bit over or around 6 figures, but not seven. Seven is $1+ million. There are many around the world that, from what I know, are making $40-70k, however. That's not too bad to race toy cars for a living.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
A small handful (World champions) are making a bit over or around 6 figures, but not seven. Seven is $1+ million. There are many around the world that, from what I know, are making $40-70k, however. That's not too bad to race toy cars for a living.
Brian-That's a more realistic and ballpark figure.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punched
Wow, that wasn't necessary. I am just stating that you do not appear to be an "insider" within this industry, so I am reluctant to believe anything you are stating relating to this topic. Your "elite" drivers make a comfortable living, they are not receiving a seven figure income. Thank you, drive through.
An excellent use of quotes.

I don't appear to be an insider because I don't have a signature filled up with products and manufacturers that "sponsor" me? Excuse me "Mr. Insider", but I don't feel the need to "look" sponsored on this forum. I will leave my comments at that and maybe we can talk again later when you are less stressed from your day job. "would you like some fries with that? thank you, drive through"
"The Maestro" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Last time at my local track i won $5 a sticker and a subscription to field and stream
Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Brian-That's a more realistic and ballpark figure.
Even those are pretty high numbers.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Try living in southern california on 40K and tell me you still think its not bad.

Larry I told you not to eat those special brownies while you were reviewing your contract. I insisted on 4 free sticker sheets per month and a free set of 767's. I was holding out for F Brushes but I had to settle....something about my driving was comparible to a pile of poop....???

Old 08-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maestro
An excellent use of quotes.

I don't appear to be an insider because I don't have a signature filled up with products and manufacturers that "sponsor" me? Excuse me "Mr. Insider", but I don't feel the need to "look" sponsored on this forum. I will leave my comments at that and maybe we can talk again later when you are less stressed from your day job. "would you like some fries with that? thank you, drive through"
Sir-I am promoting sponsors who I am very grateful for and who I promote to the best of my ability. I apologize that I have a great list of sponsor and that has allowed me to gain insight into this great hobby and the industry behind. I can only assume you are dead set on your opinion and you are entitled to it. I actually work for a fortune 500 firm, and with the utmost regret, it is not a fast-food chain. Good Day.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

I agree. I was referencing the five-figure incomes that a full-time employee who is also a factory pro could possibly make.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe he means seven figure salaries...... in Yen, roflol

Dude, I would be realy happy for someone to pay me enough money to live, not have to buy RC gear and ferried to international race meetings.

As for Royalties, I am sure most driving contracts, whilst you are in that contract, they have the right to use your name for publicity, although I am sure there would be a token gesture of royalty on, say, a signature motor, but most of us would be happy enough just having a component named after us.... no?
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #26
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm sure many people would like to know this but this is a private financial matter that is only the business of the individual and the company they are employed by. I'm sure they don't want the general public knowing their income. Most "factory pros" are employed by one of their sponsors as a full time employee, the racing is secondary. I'm sure these individuals would appreciate the respect that any other person receives regarding their financial matters.

A person's salary is not always private.
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

hey 'factory insider', I mean Mac, get off of here and go zip tie yourself to the driver stand or U-lock your neck again!!

When's the last time you even driving your jrxs? Oh, I forgot, your trying to figure out 1/8 scale before you sponsor realizes the mistake they made!! J/K Gotta give you crap
Old 08-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, there's really no reason for this thread to get ugly. Park your ego for a moment, will ya?

First of all, if you think you can get rich by being a factory RC driver, forget it! No RC company does anywhere enough business to pay someone a 7, even a 6, figure salary just to drive.

Most RC drivers have a full time job with the company they drive for. Many in promotions, some work as engineers designing new stuff. The guys with the most experience and skills make a good living, about as much as a mid level manager. The best part for them is they do something they love, so it's not really work. They do put in the hours necessary to keep up their driving skills and continue to be an asset to their company.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

Hey Rick, How disappointed would they be if they knew the real numbers!

There are a couple of guys that might make a hair over 6 figures on a really good year before taxes if you count salaries, endorsements and win bonuses.

99% of paid drivers make less than a college grad makes at their first job.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy1
hey 'factory insider', I mean Mac, get off of here and go zip tie yourself to the driver stand or U-lock your neck again!!

When's the last time you even driving your jrxs? Oh, I forgot, your trying to figure out 1/8 scale before you sponsor realizes the mistake they made!! J/K Gotta give you crap

Easy DZ! Was that all pent up or what? Hope your kids are doing great! Good job on reedy this year! Last time I ran on-road was around the same time you last ran off-road!