Wiki Posts
Search

Carbon Fiber Pit Boards

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Carbon Fiber Pit Boards

At snowbirds I dont remember who or who made it but someone in the pits had a all carbon fiber pit bourd if anyone who know where i can get one of who makes it plz let me know
Old 08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

A CF sheet would not be great as a pit board. They aren't super flat, or resistant to twisting on the weak axis, and they are hydroscopic, sensitive to UV light and expensive.

A single sheet from mcMaster will cost you over 100.00 for anything remotely thick enough to use as a pit board. The suppliers that I deal with along with the rest of the industry have high minimum orders for good quality stuff at a decent price.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Don't necessarily think it's the way to go but, here's one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carbon-Fiber-She...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would suggest a nice piece of thick lexan, would only cost you a fraction of the price.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I used to have a CF 1/8th pitboard, it's not 100% all CF though. Some guy here in the PNW made it. He just glued a decent sheet of CF to a thick piece of black plexiglass. It was WAY cool, too bad I'd sold it.

Dom
Old 08-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I used to have a CF 1/8th pitboard, it's not 100% all CF though. Some guy here in the PNW made it. He just glued a decent sheet of CF to a thick piece of black plexiglass. It was WAY cool, too bad I'd sold it.

Dom
Thats exactly wat i want can u give me the website so i can look at it
Old 08-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

we have them custom made for our 5th Scales and they are bad ass. two thin sheets laminated on to a honey comb areospace center. weighs nothing, and is flat as any set board out there. I will say that they are insanely expensive, and it was a long wait one month, plus kind of a hassle with the vendor on quality of one of the boards.

small composite shop called sierra composites...
Old 08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Im sure you could get one of the lexan pit board makers to slide in a graphic that looks like CF. It would prolly look pretty cool. (PLUS..you can have them add addtional graphics, lettering, numbers ect.) Though that CF board in the ebay link looks cool.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I would get the MaxSpeed Probaord System from MaxSpeed Designs

http://maxspeeddesigns.com/
Old 08-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
Thats exactly wat i want can u give me the website so i can look at it
Sorry, but he doesn't make them anymore.

Dom
Old 08-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MAD916
we have them custom made for our 5th Scales and they are bad ass. two thin sheets laminated on to a honey comb areospace center. weighs nothing, and is flat as any set board out there. I will say that they are insanely expensive, and it was a long wait one month, plus kind of a hassle with the vendor on quality of one of the boards.

small composite shop called sierra composites...
Oh yeah, Mark's board is ultra trick and ultra light! I just wish it wasn't that expensive though.

Dom
Old 08-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BSchorr
I would get the MaxSpeed Probaord System from MaxSpeed Designs

http://maxspeeddesigns.com/
When Scott came up this concept, I order one from him right away. It is cool, though not exactly cheap. The only drawback now is that it's ultra thick and pretty heavy. One thing is that the vinyl was stuck on the outside and it gets jacked up very easily. So I ended up getting a think plexiglass cut to the same dimesion and screwed it on the board to protect the vinyl.

Dom
Old 08-09-2006, 08:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
When Scott came up this concept, I order one from him right away. It is cool, though not exactly cheap. The only drawback now is that it's ultra thick and pretty heavy. One thing is that the vinyl was stuck on the outside and it gets jacked up very easily. So I ended up getting a think plexiglass cut to the same dimesion and screwed it on the board to protect the vinyl.

Dom
what do you mean about the vinyl? you mean the design in colors of the pit board where is says your name? Isnt the name part intergrated into the pit board so you can use motor spray to clena it?
Old 08-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BSchorr
what do you mean about the vinyl? you mean the design in colors of the pit board where is says your name? Isnt the name part intergrated into the pit board so you can use motor spray to clena it?
Essentailly it's a giant sticker on a plexiglass.

Dom
Old 08-11-2006, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.penguinrc.com
you can order 1.0-3.0mm thick in sizes from 7x9 on up.. prolly going to caost about 100 bucks tho, but he has good prices for smaller quantities.. I would go with a peice of plexi glass, then have it custom airbrushed on the bottom with the CF look, of get a Cf sticker for it.. I was looking in th new rc driver this week and there is a killer pit mat in there.. its rubber and has very cool slots for tool and such..

i also seen a few nice ones on ebay..\

Integy also has a nice one.. it has all kinds of measuring stuff on it as well works as a guage and pit board..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.