R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL
Ronin: I know I keep hearing about these mythical guys that run Tamiya at Speedworld timing

This weekend will be sweet. we will have:

MRE
MSX converted to MRE--no steering or 'scoop' chassis
MSX

all in 19t
We should rotate drivers every round for a real test
You need to add a disclaimer:

MRE (Only if she proves a better car than the RDX at Friday's test&tune)
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

apparently, you haven't seen Ronin or myself drive
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #33
Tech Adept

Arrow

Does the RTF415mx MRE has hop-up options? Does it have to be modified?
halayli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #34
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

the MRE is tricked out with the stuff MR uses...still you can always add more hop-ups

Harsh: none needed, I am sure what car you will run
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Arrow

Does the MRE need hop-up options? or it comes totally modified with all the hop-up options needed?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by halayli
Does the MRE need hop-up options? or it comes totally modified with all the hop-up options needed?

The MRE doesn't need anymore hop ups...You would still need other things though...I would like to call them tuning options. E.g. Spring set,roll bar set, one-way (if it comes out), shock oil of various weight, toe blocks.... etc....

The only hop up for the MRE currently is the air scoop which won't be out for awhile.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 04:01 AM   #37
Tech Adept

What oil brands are mostly used with the trf415 models?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Most of the TRF guys seem to use tamiya oil, but I've never got that rating system, and it seems pretty tough to get hold of.
I personally use AE oil, but the most important thing is to make sure you use the same brand of oil for all your shocks. That way you'll have a consistancy from shock to shock, and oil to oil.

i.e. it's no good using AE oil in the front and Xray in the rear, as they will be different weights, even if they both say 30 on the container.

HiH
Ed
Old 08-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #39
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
if you are going to race this car no need for hop-ups just the tuning parts ( springs, sway bars etc) but if your not yet satisfied the Aluminum blue parts and some carbon parts from "SQUARE" plus the DJ PRO MODULE SUSPENSION SYSTEM can add up to the bling effects of this car
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #40
Tech Adept

This is the first time I get a professional RC car, I tried doing my research on what I should get along with the car. But I am afraid I could be missing some items since I am ordering everything from an online store because there is no good local hobby shop in my area. I attached a text file containing the list of items that I thought they are the best in their category and would be needed.
The things I am concerned about are not the major items like ESC for example, but the small things like lubricants, wires, bearing, and other accessories.
Please can you tell me if I am missing anything or if I should order one thing instead of another.
Attached Files
File Type: txt order.txt (3.1 KB, 161 views)
Old 08-11-2006, 09:34 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

how much racing have you done?
I ask cause a 7x1 is a bit of a rapid motor if you haven't done much racing.. better to go 27t or 19t to start (believe me you'll enjoy it more, as you won't be crashing every corner)

Also why are you ordering all those tyres? Personally, drop them (you can pick them up as and when needed) and get a few more packs of batteries, I would suggest 4 (3 at a minimum.). You'll struggle to be fully charged at a club meeting with just 2, especially with the 42's as they take longer to charge.

Not attempting to flame, just some of my observations
HiH
Ed
Old 08-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Dude the Orion battery jig is Rubbish, but the deans one, it is lots better. see pic

Also 100 copper bones, you are only buying 2 packs of cells?

Also I personally think the CTX-D discharger is a total waste of money. as soon as you take the cells off it the voltages will be all over the place. Save your bucks and but 3 more packs of the SHV IB4200's and just discharge em to about 6V accross the whole pack after you have used em.

Other than that, you got it covered!
Attached Thumbnails
RC TRF415MSX Marc Rheinard, is it worth it?-deans-jig.jpg  
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #43
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
This is the first time I get a professional RC car, I tried doing my research on what I should get along with the car. But I am afraid I could be missing some items since I am ordering everything from an online store because there is no good local hobby shop in my area. I attached a text file containing the list of items that I thought they are the best in their category and would be needed.
The things I am concerned about are not the major items like ESC for example, but the small things like lubricants, wires, bearing, and other accessories.
Please can you tell me if I am missing anything or if I should order one thing instead of another.

You have pm

Last edited by BSchorr; 08-11-2006 at 09:49 AM.
BSchorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #44
Tech Adept

Just finished building TRF 415 MSX-MRE and found that the car (as usual) is of excellent build quality. The obvious difference to my MSX is the steering and layshaft. It comes with a stunning spool which adds lots of blue.
Cosmetics aside , the car seems to have a lot less slop in the steering ackermans due to the new feature. Also another advantge is the locked layshaft , which can be adjusted up or down to fit bigger spur gears. Also comes with the new ratio of 2.25.
Definatley an improvement on the MSX but an already great car just got a little bit better.
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Will the rear diff fit the front? Are Tamiya going to come out with a one-way option to compliment the spool?
stegger is offline   Reply With Quote