Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushes

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brushes

What kind of brushes are good for 19-turn or stock motors? I am looking for something that is fast and dont care to much about life of them.Just not ones that you get 1 day and that is it.looking for more like 3. Laydown style brushes. I run touring car foam.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

F-Brushes or Reedy 767's. &67's tend to hold up a little bit better in 19T's and are a little more forgiving on gearing. The Fbrushes have a slighty narrower happy zone but they are faster.

-Korey
Old 08-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I like the f brushes
Old 08-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racingfreak6
What kind of brushes are good for 19-turn or stock motors? I am looking for something that is fast and dont care to much about life of them.Just not ones that you get 1 day and that is it.looking for more like 3. Laydown style brushes. I run touring car foam.
I am no expert but I don't think you will get more than three days out a set of F brushes. I imagine they are good for 3 runs max. I may be wrong there however. It depends on what level of racing you are involved in. At national events I expect most racers change the brushes after 1-3 runs using F brushes.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes at national level events you would change every run just about but that's because you are looking for the very best out of your motor.but the brushes are far from being done. But I can't think of another brush that holds up well for a long time F's tend to tear up the comm alot less then alot of other brushes.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trinity XXX brushes will give tons of power and one set will out last your comm... you could get away with only have to skim cut every 5-10 runs Hands down the longest lasting brush mentioned so far
Old 08-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
Trinity XXX brushes will give tons of power and one set will out last your comm... you could get away with only have to skim cut every 5-10 runs Hands down the longest lasting brush mentioned so far

At a cost. How much does one pair run?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks alot and could you give me some prices on them. How long do you break them in for and at how many amps? What are the most powerful brushes? If anyone else knows any other good brushes let me know i am looking to buy around 15 pair of something.What is the best way to cut your brushes. is their a tool for doing it.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

How do you tune your motor so you can find the sweet spot as Sushi Boy said.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Trinity XXX brushes I wouldnt even compare POWER wise to Reedy 767's,F brushes and Putnam Green's.
Not even in the same category.
So dont pay $8.00 cost,$13.00 selling price for a brush that while it last a LONG time is hard on comms and simply doesnt give the same performance.

Tuning a motor like he says is found all over the Net.

Simply do a search on "Stock Motor Tuning for R/C"

Hope you have a good time and hope you find what you need.

Les
Old 08-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

thx so i probley should go with f brushes.which brand?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The F-brushes are made by finish line... if you don't burn them up they do actually last a while. EA Motorsports always has a good supply of them. Eric has had a lot of input on the brush compound itself to so works very well, and is always a good source for them.

-Korey
Old 08-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Are brush serrators worth it. dose it extend life. What temp should the motor run so i dont burn the brushes up?For ea brushes i get the stock ones and not the mod ones?

Last edited by Racingfreak6; 08-04-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I am no expert but I don't think you will get more than three days out a set of F brushes. I imagine they are good for 3 runs max. I may be wrong there however. It depends on what level of racing you are involved in. At national events I expect most racers change the brushes after 1-3 runs using F brushes.

Actually the F brushes can last a whole weekend of a National event. At Cleveland last year, Snowbirds and Carpet nats this year I usually only use about 1-2 sets of brushes for the week per driver.....Some drivers "demand" fresh as they think its better. But Ive found as long as you skim the comm after the FIRST run on the F brush then you can keep using it as long as the serrations are there....Especially in 12th scale. Everything I have gotten in since Cleveland last year has been extremely long wearing and has ran great and can last the entire weekend as long as the motor is geared properly and the drivers car are pretty good. A bad car will kill brushes in one run!!

EA
Old 08-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racingfreak6
Are brush serrators worth it. dose it extend life. What temp should the motor run so i dont burn the brushes up?For ea brushes i get the stock ones and not the mod ones?
Serrators are good as long as the brush is not dis-colored or burned up. But with the F brush as Korey said if you dont burn it up then it will last a long time. Usually motor temp doesnt have much to do with burning the brushes up. Ive seen motors at 140 degrees burn brushes and Ive also seen motors at 200 degrees and the brushes are fine. It depends on how good the car is going through the corners and how the driver drives. hitting boards and such in On-road stock can cause a stock motor to surge at up to almost 100 amps!! There are a lot of different factors to brush burning.

Hope this helps.

EA

P.S. If you want to see how to rebuild/tune a motor from start to finish there is an article in the latest Xtreme RC Car magazine that they done with pics and explanations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.