Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Brushless System Questions??? >

Brushless System Questions???

Brushless System Questions???

Old 01-28-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Novak Brushless Update.

Talked to a few people who were at Tamiya HQ on Saturday (01/25). Couple of enduro teams were using Novak brushless systems. Runtime >10 minutes* on 3300's, no overheating, no cogging. Could be Novak has shaken out all the bugs. Could be bugs don't show up on a fast flowing track (Tamiya HQ) like they do on a tight technical track (SoCal).

Should be noted that people running brushed 10 turns were overhauling the brushless guys.

* runtimes exceeded 12 minutes but lap times fell off after 10 minutes.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Novak Brushless Update.

Originally posted by dalem

Should be noted that people running brushed 10 turns were overhauling the brushless guys.

Sorry I misunderstand what you mean by the statement which I have quoted you on above...
Do you mean that people running brushed 10 turns were going faster than those with the Novak brushless system?? If so by what sort of margin..

Thanks
Steevo
Old 01-28-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default overhauling

Overhauling may have been too strong a word. The brushed 10 turn guys were only a couple of seconds a lap faster but it was a noticable difference even without a stopwatch. I mentioned it earlier because both the guys running brushless & brushed are very good drivers, so it seemed fair to compare the lap times.

Novak calls their system 'Super Sport' and it has forward/reverse modes. When I hear 'sport' in this industry I think 'bashing'. I heard somewhere that a 'Pro' version will be released that is even more powerful.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

From March RC Car

"Our Tamiya 414MII averaged about eight minutes per run.....and the motor came off the track well under 170 degrees......We also ran sucessive packs without providing the motor system with much cool-down time; it never baulked. And the motor also had much less cogging, so it allowed the car to roll off-power even more smoothly than with a modified motor."

"The throttle responce is vertually indistinguishable from that of a standard racing esc."
Old 01-30-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Red face

I think Novak was way premature on the possible release of the brushless system....We're almost in Feb '03 and still no sign of their brushless system. To make matters worst, most people that are considering it are racers, and who really wants the "Sport Version" knowing that the "Pro Version" will be out at a later date.

We have a guy at my local track that's running the new Hacker BL and the car is dam fast. I just don't like the BIG ESC.

Speedchair
Old 02-19-2003, 04:09 AM
Tech Champion

some pics of the Novak Brushless installed into my 414

Setup of the Speedo is identical to a GT7, same flashing/coloured LED system, simple setup of radio and drive profiles.

Old 02-19-2003, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default I have read nothing but good things about...

the Novak System. Its smooth, durable, powerful and you gear it like a stock motor. Its compared to a 12 turn brushed and thats darn fast enough. The system was more for a mod spec class, but that won't mean you can't gear it high for street bashing. Its won't be like a hot 7 turn, but then you will get much more run time. This will be a great system for spec racing and for street bashing. Most local tracks are small and technical and I'll bet the rest of the brushless system are not as smooth.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default BlackKnight...

how the heck did you get one already?
Are the the blackknight back from the HPI's site?
Old 02-19-2003, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

The system installed into my car at the moment, I courtesy of Novak and Novak's Australian distributor, for whom I drive. We were sent two units . I have nearly always used Novak gear i luv the Orange Glow!.

My own system arrives in 2-3 weeks I hope, Novak was waiting on final packaging I think.

The motor above is similar to a 10 turn mod, but is very capable, in recent testing it was able to compete against 8 - 10 turn brushed mods and 6-8 turn hacker bless systems.

I believe Novak will release a faster motor at a later date, I expect other speedos too.

(i did have an account on HPI's site but that was along time ago)
Old 02-19-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default What did you think of it Blackknight?

Is it everthing you dreamt of and then some. Was it smooth, cogging fee and did they work the bugs out?
Old 02-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guys, the Novak BL is well worth the wait. Good job Novak, I'll be in line as soon as they're out.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

BLACK-KNIGHT

Where did you get the battery hold down straps you have on your 414?
Old 02-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

In the US use Dan's RC products straps
I have black ones not sure if there are any other colors.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rtypec
Guys, the Novak BL is well worth the wait. Good job Novak, I'll be in line as soon as they're out.
I'm already in line ... I have preordered and hope to have my hands on one soon.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Hahaha Dan, cool avatar. You really look "focused" By the way, the Novak brushless is gonna be dialed! You need to get one to play with. Imagine that, go fast all day and you don't need to bust out the solder iron and lathe hehe.

ciao for now
rodzilla

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.