R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #121
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyron
I wonder what a specially designed 3.6V powered brushless system for 1/12 would look like though, performance-wise? One doesn't exist yet, but someone could engineer it. Might be a lot faster than one might think...look at the unique motors that go in 1/18 scale vehicles and do amazing things. Maybe what 1/12 scale really needs is its own motor industry. Maybe someone scared of losing money in the "dark times ahead for the sub-C" could start looking into this. Sounds like opportunity.
That system in 1/12th would probably be pretty quick merely because of the reduced weight.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #122
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

This will fit Xray T2 and their 4800mah will fit as well without hacking off the bulkhead....but the 4800mah is about 1/2" longer, so need to use battery tape...

Anyone know beside the fancy carbon/metal case...any performance different between the CAR version and PLANE version...? Both are from Team Orion and Kokam..............their spec, looks identical to me. Price is very much the same as the CAR version but without the case, it will fit almost all TC right now....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #123
Tech Elite

The 3200 will run the same as the upcoming Carbon 3200.

The 4800 may run differently than the Platinum. The contruction is slightly different and it has not been tested in cars.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #124
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The 3200 will run the same as the upcoming Carbon 3200.

The 4800 may run differently than the Platinum. The contruction is slightly different and it has not been tested in cars.
I think a lot of T2 owner will take it as a good news...but still, does the CARBON verion kit onto T2 without hacking the bulkhead? Tower sell the Carbon version $10 cheaper then the plane version..........
Old 08-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #125
Tech Elite

it will not fit without some modification. Same with Tamiya MSX.

edit: It will fit the MSX with no modification although removing a very small bit of alloy material may make the pack easier to take in and out of the car. It should fit the T2 the same way.

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 08-14-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #126
Tech Addict

Default Where to buy?

Hi,

Maybe I am blind and missed this, but is this battery available for sale and if so, who has them available?

I just picked up a T2, just ordered a brushless system, and would like to get this Lipo pack to run it with.

-Rich
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:16 PM   #127
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mid sept:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNMF9&P=7
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #128
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Team Orion Avionics pack:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXNLJ8

Horizon has it in stock:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=ORI60012
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #129
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Attention everyone one with T2's and Tamiya MSX's Good News! We made some very slight mod's to the final case and we were able to shave just enough off to where the 3200 will fit the MSX and T2 without any modification they will be snug but you will no longer need to modify the bulkheads. THis is the proto of the final case. We are slao looking to have the first shipment out by early Oct. if it ends up being earlier I will try and let you all know.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Orion 3200mAh Race Spec LiPo-case_fit.jpg  

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #130
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack
Attention everyone one with T2's and Tamiya MSX's Good News! We made some very slight mod's to the final case and we were able to shave just enough off to where the 3200 will fit the MSX and T2 without any modification they will be snug but you will no longer need to modify the bulkheads. THis is the proto of the final case. We are slao looking to have the first shipment out by early Oct. if it ends up being earlier I will try and let you all know.
That's great news as I see a T2 in my future. Can't wait to get my hands on these.

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #131
Tech Champion

Quote:
Now....what can TEAM ORION do to make most ppl accept Li-PO...? I am about to sell every equalizer, charger, matcher, zapper this and that for 1 ICE charger and may be 2 Li-po and race it whole day without worry about I can only charge 1 time, then discharge, then ballance then this then that....and that and this.................well done.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #132
Tech Addict

You can also charge the New 3200 with this:

For those wanting something cheap and simple:
http://www.teamorion-avionics.com/Ad...harging+System

Or for those wanting something a little higher end:
http://www.teamorion-avionics.com/Ad...Flight+Charger

Both have been used extensively during all of our R&D for the 3200 Li-Po.

"Racing is about the journey not the destination if it wasn't it would simply be called Arriving"

"The solution is people need to spend more of their efforts on promoting and finding more people to race with, rather then a personal quest to form a class that they can win at."
MrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #133
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
You can also charge the New 3200 with this:

For those wanting something cheap and simple:
http://www.teamorion-avionics.com/Ad...harging+System

Or for those wanting something a little higher end:
http://www.teamorion-avionics.com/Ad...Flight+Charger

Both have been used extensively during all of our R&D for the 3200 Li-Po.
The advantage is one sexy little charger for people running BL and LiPo. Plus, it'll charge the NiMH in my radio until I get around to going LiPo there as well. The fact that it's tiny is a huge benefit too. No need for all the motor crap, just a lean, effective charger and nothing else. You guys got it right with that one. Hopefully the Avionics branding doesn't scare off people from using it to charge the packs for their cars.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:58 AM   #134
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I used the Advantage charger tonight, but only to charge my NiMH radio batteries while the Cell Master was on duty with race packs. It's a fantastic little charger. The menus are concise and easy to understand, the screen is clear (and backlit!) and the charger is like... the size of a deck of cards. The buttons are awesome too. I didn't think I could possibly like anything better than the Cell Master, but it's true. Once the new packs come out, I'll ditch the CM and huge case of batteries and CTX-D and roll with this tiny charger, two packs and a small power supply. How's that for a nice club racing setup?

I'm glad I didn't get the Ice for my LiPo charger. It's big and beasty, and has a bunch of extra crap a guy running BL and LiPo doesn't need. This little Orion charger is solid. Good work guys, I'm a believer. Now, if only I had some LiPos to charge with it! Get those things to market, toot sweet! :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:39 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

this is what i use for my Li-Po`s & my son uses it to charge he`s NimH aswell

good piece of kit (cheap aswell)
http://www.ripmax.com/item.asp?itemi...Category=O0100
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote