R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2006, 05:43 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Exclamation maximum motor?

ok at the moment i have a mitroniks esc with a 15 turn limit! i am running a 19x2 motor from venom.
can i run a 15x2 motor on this esc or is 17x2 the max??

also what would be best for drifting a 19 like i have a 17 or a 15??
and last would a 3300mah stick pack be ok for this setup and for the purpose of bashing and drifting??

last but not least i have just brought my bro a FF-02 to play with me and i jus wonderd what sheels fit on these it has a 306 shell and a lambo shell which is way to long for it lol
creamsodauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

Quote:
ok at the moment i have a mitroniks esc with a 15 turn limit! i am running a 19x2 motor from venom.
can i run a 15x2 motor on this esc or is 17x2 the max??
to tell you the truth personally i dont go all the way to the limit of the ESC i always stay a turn or so up , but yeh you could use a 15x2 but the might get a little bit warm

Quote:
also what would be best for drifting a 19 like i have a 17 or a 15??
i know a few people who drift with 27 turns and they seem happy, but am no drifter but are you ment to look for high RPM motors so i dont know which is the best out of these mate sorry

Quote:
and last would a 3300mah stick pack be ok for this setup and for the purpose of bashing and drifting??
the more MAH there is the longer the running time of the (i.e more fun) but to tell you the truth dont buy cheap NIMH batteries go for a good name like GP & IBs etc.....

Quote:
last but not least i have just brought my bro a FF-02 to play with me and i jus wonderd what sheels fit on these it has a 306 shell and a lambo shell which is way to long for it
i have had a FF-02 or some time and i have used a alot of the shells that are 190mm and all seem fine, but you can take the piece out of the middle of the chassis which makes the chassis (short wheel base) so you can fit smaller shells on like Minis HPI saxo etc....
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #3
Tech Adept

cheers ypu say theirs a hpi saxo where do you get shells like that from ebay is not very good and being from the uk theirs not many site that i know of any idea??

also how do i check rpm??? and how much worse will no-make batterys be compared to others?
creamsodauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TAMIYAMANUK

well its going be hard to find a saxo shell becasue i think they are discontuied or i my be wrong

well they just wont last as long or may destroy them selfs,melt becasue the amount of power been drawn from them as i found out, plus personally i would go with Big Named packs as they will lost alot alot longer than cheapo packs,

i have had my GP3000 packs for the past year and they still seem as they were new with a hell of alot punch left in them but when i bought 3 cheapo packs they lasted 2 races before they melted.

Quote:
also how do i check rpm???
most of the motors usally have a sticker on the can which say how RPM etc.... they have,

if not you could invest in a motor dyno or ask a friend/mate if you could use theres and this will show all the infomation you will ever need
TAMIYAMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote