R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Cheap Rc cars

i was wondering what is the fastest R/c car u guys know of that is sold at k-mart,wat-mart,toys R us or any thing. i want to get a local racing thing around my town but none of my friends have jobs so cant afford a 200$ one from a hobby shop so any one know of some good cheap ones?
sk8rdylan13@yah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
Tech Regular

If you look around in hobby shops for a bit, they will probably have a sale on an rc car. I remember my LHS had a TT-01 with a speed controller for around 100 canadian dollars.
MK_Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

There aren't any good K-Mart cars. You're looking in the forum where people live, breathe, eat, and sleep R/C. All these on-road guys do with their cars are tweak, tune, alter, and adjust their cars for the next race.... K-Mart cars are a joke......... No offense, but you can get so much more car at a hobby shop than you can at K-Mart or Wal-Mart.

Some really good R/C cars can be found cheap at hobby shops, but I don't think there's a single person here who can race with a $200 on-road car. These on-road cars are over $200 without radios, electronics, tires, wheels, bodies, motors, batteries, or anything else. A pro race level on-road car is more than $200 for a box full of chassis parts.

For $185 you can get a ready to run Traxxas off-road truck with an alright battery that you can bash on... but it's still 1,000,000,000,000 times better than any car at a department store.
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

all mny friends are 14-17 and most of them dont have $$. 100$ tops and all i wanted to know is THE BEST car from a store. i didnt say there was any good ones. so instead of telling me that u can pick ones up for 200 form a hoby shop like i stated in my 1st post and actully try and help me out?
sk8rdylan13@yah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Platinum_Racing is right, he's not dissing you he's just telling you that if you spend $100 your going to get what you paid for. Then when you break it, then your stuck with a hunk of K-Mart plastic crap, that unless you can convinence them to take it back with the receipt, then your really stuck with a piece of K-Mart plastic crap. Now if you or your buddies go to a hobby store together you might get a discount on some RTR(ready to run) or maybe a Tamiya XB which these can be fixed and hopped up later if you decide to expand into the hobby further.

These are only my opinions, so if I offended you, get over it. It's a hobby.
bizkit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
all mny friends are 14-17 and most of them dont have $$. 100$ tops and all i wanted to know is THE BEST car from a store. i didnt say there was any good ones. so instead of telling me that u can pick ones up for 200 form a hoby shop like i stated in my 1st post and actully try and help me out?
No one here will be able to help you with that question for none of us ever used a Kmart/Walmart car to race with. Your best bet is to do as said above and check your LHS or if you really are in the market for something and may get a deal, Ebay. Beyond that you are not going to get the answer you are looking for.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:14 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Go to japan or Hong kong to get an RC car. Some there are around 60$ with a speed controller. Then a battery and radio kit. which should round off at around 100$. Hehehe I bought my TA-05 when i went to Japan.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing

And you didn't bring me back any fine Japanese cuisine!!! I'm offended!

Hey, I got a friend who's visiting family in Japan, maybe he can get me a sweet deal on a Tamiya High Lift pre-order!

For $100 shipped to your door you can go on Ebay and get a Tamiya Eunos Roadster..... It comes as an unassembled kit with a speed control. All you need is a radio, a battery, and a charger. The car is a cheap little 2WD on-road car. It'll get you started. It's got upgrade potential, and it's still better than anything from a department store. Look it up, it's definatly worth it.
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #9
Tech Regular

[off topic]
Well it's not really Japanese quisine that i brought back... More like snacks.

my fingers feel weird cause i have shoe goo dried on them. i like peeling it off though.
Anyways, do you like pocky?
[off topic/]
Old 07-30-2006, 01:48 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

The RTR Tamiya mini-cooper would be the way to go. Cheap, fun, and lots of tracks have a program for them. I think they go for under 200 bux all you need is a charger (and maybe a cheap pack). Check Tamiyas website.

OR better yet all of you need to get your sorry a$$es (j/k dont get bent) some kind of job so you can buy the real-deal stuff Nobody wants to hear about your sob-story !!!

it's just sarcasm dood.... but this stuff requires some hard-earned cash. I buy most everything used to keep myself in check