Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hpi Pro 5.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Cyclone is usually priced around the $450 US mark give or take where as say the TRF 415msx is $399 US, converting to AUS that makes quite a difference. The Pro 4 05 edition is only around $345 US mark so that is bloody good value
Old 08-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Cyclone & PRo 4

I have had both PRO 4 and Cyclone. PRO 4 is much more durable. The Cyclone has several issues that still needs addressing. Their Ballstuds on the outer rear camber links snap like twigs, and then half the screw stays in the caster block, making it useless. Their stock dogbones are very, very weak. The lightest tap and they bend like noodles. Poor quality for a kit of this price and hype. Now they have come out with version 2 dogbones which are supposed to be stronger, but they are about $14 each, and are hop-ups, instead of standard. The PRO 4 never had such issues!! Its rock solid and parts are much cheaper and durable.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

So basically wats the difference between Pro4 and Pro4 HARA???

How about the price???
Old 08-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
The Cyclone has several issues that still needs addressing. Their Ballstuds on the outer rear camber links snap like twigs, and then half the screw stays in the caster block, making it useless.
I don't know whether you actually own a Cyclone or not, but you should know that the rear camber link ball studs/rear hubs/rear wishbones are EXACTLY the same as the ones on the Pro 4, so I have no idea how you can compare between the two. I have had both cars, and have broken a rear ball stud once with each car. I do agree that the stock ball studs are extremely brittle and this is something that HPI do really need to look at, but it is the same for the Pro 4 and the Cyclone.

Anyway, back on topic, I would love to see what HPI can do in designing a Pro 5, and all pointers would suggest that it would be shaft driven. Personally I love my Cyclone and think it's much smoother than the Pro 4, but who knows what HPI might be able to do to get shaft driven cars back up there at the top.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Just want to weigh in on the debate...

Australia is quite far from everywhere else. We get absolutely owned on everything from petrol, food, RC, etc. etc...

Rc ain't cheap here... nOOoooOOoo.

I'd have to agree about the ball-stud thing. I've run mod in a Pro4 and the Cyclone and for some reason the Pro4 never broke any studs. But the cyclone has broken three in a short amount of time. That said, i've switched from running around a boarded track, to one where the dividers are solid concrete.

Maybe the new car just carries more speed and thus the accidents are bigger? Who knows...

After running the Pro4 for a decent time, I do miss the snap of shaft drive. I'm not a big fan of having two belts flapping around. But it wans't as bad as I anticipated... no probs with them yet...

Another gripe about AUS... not only are the parts expensive, but we wait forever to get them here.. volumes are much lower, so the distributors add more time into the bargain when they send things in a large batch to save on postage costs... (yeah - that's expensive too.. so you cna't really blame them..)

C'est La vie..
Old 08-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Cyclone = Aluminum Bulkheads.

Pro 4 = Carbon Plastic Bulkheads.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Not necessarily true...

many a pro4 rides with the carbon camber plates, a few others with the alu version...

the 2005 spec had aloy standard..
Old 02-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ?

Any news yet? I'm still using my pro4... and will be getting a belt drive car soon.. if there will be no more shaft drive from HPI or Hotbodies...
Old 02-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grizzle
Any news yet? I'm still using my pro4... and will be getting a belt drive car soon.. if there will be no more shaft drive from HPI or Hotbodies...
Hpi and HB are no longer make shaft drive. If you need parts for PRO 4, go ebay where you can find the used parts or buy the complete chassis roller, then unintall parts down.

Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FARBES
Hpi and HB are no longer make shaft drive.
wha about the E10
Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

New shaft drive from HPI, not sure about his model name but surely not for racing competition, just a chassis special designed only for drifting.
http://www.rc-japan.de/article.php?i...c6de6f5ca6f025
Old 02-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
New shaft drive from HPI, not sure about his model name but surely not for racing competition, just a chassis special designed only for drifting.
http://www.rc-japan.de/article.php?i...c6de6f5ca6f025
not practical for racing... similar layout as the Tamiya F201 car.
I don't think there will be any Pro5. all the competative cars will come from HB.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XrayFK
Merge? They are the same company.
He is right: Hotbodies is the racing dept of HPI. HPI itself has decided to build the "fun"cars such as the Savage truck, etc.
Old 01-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

where are the new Pro5 photos? i'm really curious to see this new chassis!
Old 01-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TENCHO
where are the new Pro5 photos? i'm really curious to see this new chassis!
http://events.redrc.net/2015/01/chas...ddy-sudhoff-2/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.