Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2003, 11:41 PM   #16
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by fomoco90
imataquito and dtm I haven't figured out that roll out part - yet - what can it do to help, does it expand the running time- I run 64p 118-120T spurgear and 38-40 pinion. What would be the roll out?? Added should be a pic of our circuit, isn't much but is this gearin I use a good one for this type of circuit??
Would appreciate it if you can help out a bit
THX
What turn motor do you run?? looks like a real tight track...definately front one-way territory (although a lot of people on the forum would not agree! ).........
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:01 AM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

dtm yes ...
remove the centre bulkhead will give it a better handling (more like the 1st sv10) but it will be lest sensitive .
i got used to the sensitivity and man i cant do without a stiff chasis now ... (414m aint stiff enuff)

hm evo2 ..... how was it ... heard some guy say its a better car then 414m?? well thats 'SOME GUY'

fomoco90

the internal gearing for sv102 is 2.248 ... so if u want to know the ratio for ur car it will be spur *devided* by pinion *times* 2.248

for ur case it will be 7.1 - 6.63 for lowest to highest

7.1 = 120/38
6.63 = 118/40

hm ..... depending on how u get ur car now ... motor hot cannot make time ?? not fast ?? not enuff top end etc etc ...

hows ur car now and whats ur trouble ...
and what class do u run ??
if mod i think a 8.XX gearing will be better

yes one way territory..... (all they need is a bit more grip on the rear end and and with enuff onpower steraing one ways will rule )
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:07 AM   #18
Tech Master

forgot to add... removing the centre bulkhead wll also give better place to work with for placing batts .... with the centre bulkhead its real tight on space

also fomoco......
try to gear the kawadas slightly longer ... (more top end less acceleration and torque)
its because of the nature of the car very torquey and smooth

if u gear like other cars u mite have too much torque to keep ur rear end planted !!!! thats is IF u dun have enuff grip

but even if u do ... why slow down when u can speed up .... and make it easier to drive
Old 01-24-2003, 01:47 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey! What happened to all the trick photos of this car? They disapear on another thread?

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:37 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
What turn motor do you run?? looks like a real tight track...definately front one-way territory (although a lot of people on the forum would not agree! ).........
I "only" run in stock 27 single class with a team orion core stock/chrome rs

About all the info you two gave me, will let it sink in my grey cells and then only then I'll get back to you two
fomoco90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 07:53 AM   #21
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Hey! What happened to all the trick photos of this car? They disapear on another thread?
I didn't touch them!!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #22
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by fomoco90
I "only" run in stock 27 single class with a team orion core stock/chrome rs

About all the info you two gave me, will let it sink in my grey cells and then only then I'll get back to you two
Argh....I can't help you with gearing...sorry.....I'm only just starting to run stock myself!
Old 01-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Kawada SV10 Sigma

Quote:
Originally posted by alucard
Anyone here own the new Kawada SV 10 sigma? Hope to hear more comments about this new kit.

Hope this dosen't happen to any of your guys Sigmas My buddy Satoshi just broke his rear shock tower after a small bump in at the track

Pretty sh!t
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:24 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey, i've found the thread with all the nice pics... maybe a moderator can combine the threads? http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...a&pagenumber=1

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:38 PM   #25
Tech Master

fomoco u mite also want to try shortest wheel base...... it will help ....

and with stock .... i will say 4.8-5.5 gearing depending on how it goes on the track .... but if u really cannot make time or leck acceleration try above 5.5
Old 01-24-2003, 09:06 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys 4 all the feedback of this kit. hope i can get this kit soon.

dtm: can i ask u...nowadays ur hong kong hobby shop ppl can speak simple mandarin? Cos my cantonese very wick...Going hk next month aft chinese new year
alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:17 PM   #27
dtm
Tech Champion

You should be able to get by in a few shops with Manadrin...Harmony....Kings... and a few others. Try it first....then English...then Cantonese!
Old 01-26-2003, 11:53 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Default imataquito

Quote:
Originally posted by imataquito
forgot to add... removing the centre bulkhead wll also give better place to work with for placing batts .... with the centre bulkhead its real tight on space

also fomoco......
try to gear the kawadas slightly longer ... (more top end less acceleration and torque)
its because of the nature of the car very torquey and smooth

if u gear like other cars u mite have too much torque to keep ur rear end planted !!!! thats is IF u dun have enuff grip

but even if u do ... why slow down when u can speed up .... and make it easier to drive
If you don't mind I would like to call you imato (if yo udon't mind, that is)
Just had a race day, went good in TQ, third, ripped my servo teeth had to replace them, so missed first race session
Second one wen tto my surprised and led the race for 5 laps, till I misjudged a turn and took forever for the marshals to put me back on the track
Still ended up third.

Now to get to the point: I just realised that I am geared to high, BUT how Do i gear longer, just spur gear or only pinion or .... both?? How i realized it, well when cming out of each turn the car tends to break out( too turqey-oeps torquey??)

Imato you said to get to 5.0(midle between 4.8-5.5), so this mean I'll be descending to 112/110 and 42/44?? That's another investment coming up. Used 112 and 40 and the engine went near too hot to touch. But on the long straights I pulled away from the other guys so I guess, well I don't guess anymore you tell me, please should I still gear longer or keep it as is, but running the chance of falming up the motor??

As for wheelbase (wb) it's the standard wb, but the things are already cutt off (to suit my Volvo body).
Old 01-26-2003, 11:55 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Default ...

Quote:
Originally posted by imataquito
hehehe.... smooth part i will have to agree ..... even tamiya's 414m does not come close.....
maybe its their bearings?? ...imho its the belt chasis that can roll longest without motor attached if its pushed lightly

i got the sv102 because i saw how the sv10 handled ... heck man its on rails HOOKED!
cant get the original sv10 cause its outa production so i got the II
and well its super nice except the chaisis is a tad too stiff for bumpy tracks ..... and the II also cured the back end stiff to get resposnse problem ... infact it was tooo %&*&ing responsive but it did good to train my fingers hehehehe

DTM u have the 414m??
if u do how u like it compared to the kawada's??
You got pm
Old 01-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #30
Tech Master

ok fomoco ... i checked pm 1st without realising ur question here
i will pm u again with answers ...