Community
Wiki Posts
Search

used xxx-s or new ta-05?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default used xxx-s or new ta-05?

went to lhs today- guy was pushing an xxx-s because of the sealed gearbox. this would come in handy, since i wont be running on prepped tracks. however, its a little outta my price league new. would i be better off with a used one, or a new ta-05?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor and pick up a TA05. If you ever decide to race ,it won't let you down. if you're just bashing around, get a tc4. the sealed drivetrain is smooth and easy to clean. The guy at the lhs may just be trying to get rid of old merchandise. Just my thoughts,good luck--Al
Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with Big Al. The TA05 is a nice car and you really can't go wrong with it. Plus the price is right!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I agree with big al. The TA05 is a sweet car. In capable hands, the chassis can keep up with the more expensive race sedans. Plus, if you have the choice between new and used, go with new. The TC4 is also a good choice. Some people dont feel it is a worthy contender since it is a shaft driven car and most of the professionals seem to be driving belt driven cars. The fact is, the TC4 is a race proven design that will not let you down. Maintanance on the TC4 will be a little less time consuming as you do not have to take the car apart to repair a belt. Also check with you LHS about parts availability. Make sure your shop has good part support for the car you decide to purchase. Take care and good luck.

llamont