R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #31
Tech Master

Not anytime soon. To be safe, I would probably guess sometime next year and that is all that I can say.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #32
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
EA- Nice to see your mug in Xtreme. Now we know all (well almost all) of your secrets.

-Robert
Huh? What did I do now?

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #33
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
Cyrul version, hmm... Josh we'll have to talk again. Did you find that green paint? I've got the parts.
-Robert
A green with light green flames and money green anodized screws..sweet..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukh
so what time frame are we looking at for the new KO aka "spectrum" version? i was going to upgrade from the mars r to the helios, but i gues i will wait!

Go ahead and upgrade, it's WELL worth it......
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Default ko tx carry case

not sure where else to post this... give this a try...

hey ko staff (robert), that new ko transmitter bag 2 looks sweet.
is it a rebranded team magic/sportwerks bag? if so i'm gonna get it so i can strap it to my team magic hauler...
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #36
Tech Regular

new ko tx bag2

and

rebranded tx bag

hmmm?
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

IMO, the Helios is to rc car racing what "German Engineering" is to the luxury automobile industry.

Loren
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:10 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamont
IMO, the Helios is to rc car racing what "German Engineering" is to the luxury automobile industry.

Loren
I agree, I even have the PC interface for my Helios, pretty much unnecessary, but completely awesome.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Loren
Why? Why is it sooo much better than 3PKS or Sanwa M11??? I really want to know I need a new transmitter... Before I bought the 3PK I used to have a 3PJS, it had about the same size display than the KO has. I could not learn it it was so complicated to operate. Is it easy to operate through the menu?
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
Why? Why is it sooo much better than 3PKS or Sanwa M11??? I really want to know I need a new transmitter... Before I bought the 3PK I used to have a 3PJS, it had about the same size display than the KO has. I could not learn it it was so complicated to operate. Is it easy to operate through the menu?
I like the Helios because it is more comfortable, transmits a faster signal, and the programability for electric racing. If I did not have a Helios, then I too would have a Futaba 3PKS. The Futaba radio seems to be more tailored to the nitro crowd. The display on the 3PK is just as confusing as the 3PJ IMO. BTW, you are in the market for a new radio what is wrong with the 3PK? I tried the M11 it was a bit heavy for my liking and the wheel/trigger placement did not feel as natuarl as the Helios.

Loren
llamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #41
Tech Adept

Is the new Helios “spectrum”going to be a new from the ground up radio or are you just working on your own “spectrum” module.
sukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:08 AM   #42
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I like the Helios because it is more comfortable, transmits a faster signal, and the programability for electric racing. If I did not have a Helios, then I too would have a Futaba 3PKS. The Futaba radio seems to be more tailored to the nitro crowd. The display on the 3PK is just as confusing as the 3PJ IMO. BTW, you are in the market for a new radio what is wrong with the 3PK? I tried the M11 it was a bit heavy for my liking and the wheel/trigger placement did not feel as natuarl as the Helios.

Loren
No problem with the 3PK in the last 3 years but it gets old I'm really hesitating between 3PKS and the Helios. The big display and easy to use menu is definitely a plus for 3PKS. The light weight and all the positive feedbacks I hear from the helios is what makes me thinking. But I really don't see why it is "the german engineered transmitter".

You stated that it transmits faster. How do you know that? Is there any information available on this? Like I have a 3PK but I don't know how fast it is on paper. And I don't know how fast it would be with spektrum. Nobody seems to know how fast is the Helios they say its fast Does the response speed has a standardized measurement method at all? I'm not saying you are wrong but I can't find the facts which prove the speed of the helios.
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 PM   #43
Tech Adept

I got My helios last year around about November time and i love it i went from a RTR radio to the helios and i love it.

But really, whos botherd if they bring out a new radio? The helios has soo many features on them and some i havent even touched yet and so i dont think ill need a new radio unless this one brakes.

For example the new vantage is one ugly radio LOL! i have to say, the Vantage II type R is one sexy radio and has loads and loads of features so why bring out a new one? Ok it maybe spektrum ready but you can get your Vantage upgraded to spectrum cheaper.

Mind im just a little club racer, but some people agree with me

Willz
Mission_carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:27 PM   #44
Tech Adept

the reason i was asking if there comming out with a new radio was beacuse i wanted to know if its going to be a module based system that were use to now or no module "spectrum", a few pages back ko said there working on there own spectrum version, so wasn't sure if its a new radio or if there just working on there very own spectrum module that will work with the helios,and other ko module radio's thats all.
sukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I agree, I even have the PC interface for my Helios, pretty much unnecessary, but completely awesome.
I need to grab one of those too...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote