Search

GET CUFFS A NEW SEAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default GET CUFFS A NEW SEAT

All-

As many of you have read the last day or two.... our good friend Jeff Cuffs has had an unfortunate chain of event occur that ended up buring his passenger side seat in his honda civic.

I will be taking donations via paypal to get Jeff a new seat. I am not sure of the exact shipping costs yet.... but please keep the donations rolling in. Any leftover donations will go towards a new head unit or potentially a center console.

See this link for more info

Also, if you missed it.... read the chain of events... and also some practical bass fishing tips here

see you all on the rug soon.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

wouldnt his insurance pay for it?
Old 07-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Seat

I will donate a lawn chair to mount in it.....hahahahaha
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't even think about Cuffs having the insurance to cover that fire damage. It's probably cheaper just to fix it on his own than getting insurance involved.

I vote for just gutting the car, put a K20 in it, rollcage, and some slicks.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The guy has at least two pimp rides (Civic and Evo)...why on earth should we donate our money to buy an obviously well-off guy a new seat?!?!?

(Especially since the damage was due to his ignorance of proper lipo care.)
Old 07-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

soviet u also forget about the 2005 gsxr 600 and full blown race kart. its a fing joke
Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
soviet u also forget about the 2005 gsxr 600 and full blown race kart. its a fing joke

I rest my case...you should be buying ME a new car...
Old 07-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Bass Fishing II

With so many lures available on the market today, it is often a daunting task to decide what is good for a particular situation, time of day, water clarity and temperature. The jerkbait is a lure that can produce quality fish for almost all situations, in both still and moving water. What is more, the adaptability of this bait makes it a "go to" when crankbaits or spinnerbaits are not producing.

Jerkbaits (sometimes referred to as stickbaits) average 6 to 8 inches in length and are shaped like a slim cigar, sometimes straight, sometimes slightly curved or you may find them with a jointed mid-section. Not to be confused with top water lures, jerkbaits have a small lip, which assists in the diving process.

With the use of adhesive lead dots or strip weights and water fillable apertures, these lures can be adjusted to any depth, giving an "in your face" presentation, something a bass cannot resist. Several types are available on the market, however few of them offer versatility or "out of the pack" performance with (in my opinion) the exception of Norman Lures and Rapala.

Lure retrieval is dependent upon location. In deep water, cast with a 6 and a half to 7 foot medium-heavy action pole as far as you possibly can, then immediately crank the reel to make the lure dive. Remember, the more you crank, the deeper the bait will travel. It is important to note that the deeper you crank, the less time you will have to keep the lure at the optimum depth, as you are not only diving the lure, but bringing it back towards you. This will shorten the life of the presentation, so accuracy is critical and long casts are vital. Light line will aid you in the speed at which the lure dives. Use 12 to 15 pound test for this application. Leave the lure motionless for at least 10 seconds before twitching the lure and retrieve two or three turns of line onto the reel. This should be repeated until the lure is back at the boat. Watch for fish to follow the lure also. Bass can be caught right under the boat when they strike the lure as it moves upwards to the surface. If this method does not produce strikes (usually on the pause) drag the lure with a sweeping motion and return the rod tip towards the lure. Again, strikes will usually occur on the pause or as you begin the retrieve.

For shallow water, a shorter 6-foot to 6 and a half foot pole, is best with a medium heavy action. Heavier line will keep the lure higher in the water and will help minimize snagging the tops of weedbeds or submerged bushes. The retrieves remain the same, however speed up the presentation, as the bass tend to get a better look at the lure in shallow water than they do in the darker depths.

Norman's RIP-N-RIC are water fillable, using a small syringe supplied with the lures. Injecting small amounts of water gives neutral buoyancy to the lure when cranked to the desired depth.

Rapala lures require little or no adjustment as they suspend when you stop turning the reel or pause on a sweeping rod movement, they do rise very, very slowly when you stop reeling. You can add even amounts of lead to the head and tail usually around the hook mounting, to ensure stability and balance. The major change you can make to any store purchased lure, is to remove the hooks and replace them with higher graded hooks such as Gamakatsu if they are not already equipped.

So next time the fishing slows down, try a jerkbait.

Hope this helps!
-Latif
Old 07-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LATIF
With so many lures available on the market today, it is often a daunting task to decide what is good for a particular situation, time of day, water clarity and temperature. The jerkbait is a lure that can produce quality fish for almost all situations, in both still and moving water. What is more, the adaptability of this bait makes it a "go to" when crankbaits or spinnerbaits are not producing.

Jerkbaits (sometimes referred to as stickbaits) average 6 to 8 inches in length and are shaped like a slim cigar, sometimes straight, sometimes slightly curved or you may find them with a jointed mid-section. Not to be confused with top water lures, jerkbaits have a small lip, which assists in the diving process.

With the use of adhesive lead dots or strip weights and water fillable apertures, these lures can be adjusted to any depth, giving an "in your face" presentation, something a bass cannot resist. Several types are available on the market, however few of them offer versatility or "out of the pack" performance with (in my opinion) the exception of Norman Lures and Rapala.

Lure retrieval is dependent upon location. In deep water, cast with a 6 and a half to 7 foot medium-heavy action pole as far as you possibly can, then immediately crank the reel to make the lure dive. Remember, the more you crank, the deeper the bait will travel. It is important to note that the deeper you crank, the less time you will have to keep the lure at the optimum depth, as you are not only diving the lure, but bringing it back towards you. This will shorten the life of the presentation, so accuracy is critical and long casts are vital. Light line will aid you in the speed at which the lure dives. Use 12 to 15 pound test for this application. Leave the lure motionless for at least 10 seconds before twitching the lure and retrieve two or three turns of line onto the reel. This should be repeated until the lure is back at the boat. Watch for fish to follow the lure also. Bass can be caught right under the boat when they strike the lure as it moves upwards to the surface. If this method does not produce strikes (usually on the pause) drag the lure with a sweeping motion and return the rod tip towards the lure. Again, strikes will usually occur on the pause or as you begin the retrieve.

For shallow water, a shorter 6-foot to 6 and a half foot pole, is best with a medium heavy action. Heavier line will keep the lure higher in the water and will help minimize snagging the tops of weedbeds or submerged bushes. The retrieves remain the same, however speed up the presentation, as the bass tend to get a better look at the lure in shallow water than they do in the darker depths.

Norman's RIP-N-RIC are water fillable, using a small syringe supplied with the lures. Injecting small amounts of water gives neutral buoyancy to the lure when cranked to the desired depth.

Rapala lures require little or no adjustment as they suspend when you stop turning the reel or pause on a sweeping rod movement, they do rise very, very slowly when you stop reeling. You can add even amounts of lead to the head and tail usually around the hook mounting, to ensure stability and balance. The major change you can make to any store purchased lure, is to remove the hooks and replace them with higher graded hooks such as Gamakatsu if they are not already equipped.

So next time the fishing slows down, try a jerkbait.

Hope this helps!
-Latif
Good to know!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Soviet
The guy has at least two pimp rides (Civic and Evo)...why on earth should we donate our money to buy an obviously well-off guy a new seat?!?!?

(Especially since the damage was due to his ignorance of proper lipo care.)

arent those taken care of by his LiPO sponsors?????????

just kidding. this is all in good fun. didnt mean to offend anyone. lol. edit.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kris Preisinger
arent those taken care of by his LiPO sponsors?????????

just kidding. this is all in good fun. didnt mean to offend anyone. lol. edit.
I'm sorry for being a jerk...LAs turned me into an a$$hole.

I hate this city....
Old 07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i was just reading that thread, where the battery exploded in the civic, then the thread disapeared! any1 else notice?

Anyway, it's not just the chair that is going to be damaged, the car is going to stink like heck!!! i dont even want to imagine the smell of burnt plastic, fabric, etc. the smell would soak into the rest of the car, making it almost impossible to get out. unless he got his interior redone. but that is really pricey.

you could just take the seat out, and use it to store your cars, and stuff. lol

good luck, and take a gasmask!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

yeah the car really sticks im gunna try to get the major parts out tomorrow, but u r prob right that smell will never leave the car
Old 07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I can change that smell if you wish... Just feed me and wait 1 hour...
Old 07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

hey tag i still owe you money for the mello yello whats your paypal address so i can send it over yeah that might smell worse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.