Wiki Posts
Search

tamiya m04m mini setups

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good stuff Bill.

During the main in Laurel the front of your car seemed to chatter in the corners. Would you have changed anything if you had to run the main again?

The Frederick main you car looked totally dialed.

Congrats on both wins! BTW what are you doing with that TT01R?

If the M04 class survives into next year you have a few people coming for you! I'm sure Willy is ready to make another run at you.

Sean
Old 07-28-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default m04m

I probably would have left the car the same in laurel. The problem with the m04m chassis is the natural push. The reason for the chatter is that the front end was trying to bite in the corners. I could have gone to stiffer springs in the back to help it come around, but then the car would hop a little because the track was bumpy.

At frederick, the track is high grip and smooth. I ran m grips in the front and they worked well. I wish I had a little more steering in frederick and could have fixed that with a slightly stiffer rear, or by compounding more of the front tires. In frederick I also lost steering as the tires wore.

In terms of tt01-r, I built it, added a few hopups, and will run it in gt-3 next year. I figure if I can make the A with it, that's pretty good. It's not a bad chassis, although they should use a stronger plastic. The shaft configuration is much better and freer than in the tb-02. But the lack of suspension options, especially on the shocks and camber links, hurt the flexibility of the car.

Willy is a great racer. Our driving styles are similar and we seem to have similar m04m setups. His car ran great in frederick, and would have run even better in laurel if he had more time to work on the setup.

Last edited by billjacobs; 07-28-2006 at 06:23 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yes!, the m04m has a home!

If I can, this will be my body choice!

http://www.ccn3.aitai.ne.jp/~chevron/msl021-1.htm

I have just built this car and am in the process of putting in full bearings. I just finished putting in some oil filled shocks I had left from my TA05.

Any suggestions on a speedo? There doesn't seem to be much that will fit in that little tray.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default m04m speedo

you can use the lrp quantum competition. It doesn't need a cap and works great in minis. You can get either the qc1 or qc2 (qc1 is the original quantum competition that I use.) You can find a used qc1 for about $55 in the sell forums on this board.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Thanks for the shock and ride hight info Bill. I just built my M04 2 weeks ago and will give a run next week, I can't decide on design for paintjob.

gibbous:
That is a wicked body for the M03! Wish it was available in the US.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Anybody have a set-up for carpet racing on a M04? Also is it true that lower is better on carpet?

George
Old 09-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cartix
Thanks for the shock and ride hight info Bill. I just built my M04 2 weeks ago and will give a run next week, I can't decide on design for paintjob.

gibbous:
That is a wicked body for the M03! Wish it was available in the US.
Cartix - send an e-mail or PM to Masa on this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=112174

It'll take a while to get here, but it'll get here. Well...because of shipping costs, it probably helps to order other stuff.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

gibbous, Thanks for that info.