R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-22-2006, 01:15 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375
Default Pics of my Helios

This is what my looks like. Took me about 15 minutes to do, cost me $2-50 for a pack of plastic caps from Bunnings. One very happy Helios/Spektrum owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Spektrum mod on a Helios-helios-mod-1.jpg   Spektrum mod on a Helios-helios-mod-2.jpg  
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

ok, i just got a helios and was trying to do the mod. now here is what i cant figure out. where are yall putting the hole in the modual for the wire to come back in and be long enought. it seems the wire on mine is too short for it to work.

i have done this mod to my old m8 just cant figure it out on the helios
Old 11-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

It's been a few months, but I believe that I had to put the module in the back plate before putting the radio back together. Works great though. I put the hole in the spektrum case right where the two halves meet.
Attached Thumbnails
Spektrum mod on a Helios-helios2.jpg  
Old 11-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I drilled a hole in the main circuit board to keep the antenna as short as possible, as so it would fit in my bag without any problems. I just used a piece of sand paper and rolled it over the spektrum antenna and slightly sanded the inside the mount to allow the antenna to slide up to the length I wanted. I also was not able to put the screws back in the module, but it stays in very securely. If your using a Pro module, you may want to put the hole in right next to the where the pins slide through and route the wire through the big square hole that is already in the radio case. The pro case is beefier than the 3000's. Another thing, I barely notched the side on the spektrum module circuit board to allow the wire a little room without pinching it.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:04 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

well i had alot of free time at work today and got it done. you have to be a little more creative with the wire placement than you had to be with the m8 but i got it all in there.