R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2005, 02:42 AM   #106
Tech Elite

I was at www.rcmart.com, and saw a brand new KX-One for 200$. If somebody is interested, it's here: http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=117
Old 02-06-2005, 11:07 PM   #107
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
parts available?

I just want to know if there are any place online I can purchase replacement parts or optional parts for this kit. It seems towerhobbies discontinued the car and it's parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anthony
Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #108
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't know. I need a new one-way for the front of mine, but theres no where I know of to get the stuff.

I've pretty much given up and I'm just thinking about JB Welding the one-way in the front to turn it into a spool. At least that way, I could still run the car.

I had heard of people replacing the one-way bearing themselves, but I don't know where to get the one-way bearing, or how to get the old one out.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:20 AM   #109
Tech Regular

Exclamation parts?!?

Thanks Darkseid,

Hopefully someone has other information where we can locate parts for this kit. I should have bought parts from towerhobbies when I had the chance. I dont want this kx-one to look pretty on the shelf, I want it to have some fun. If I find out anything, I'll post it here. Thanks again!!!

Anthony
Old 02-07-2005, 11:33 PM   #110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Nice to see fellow KX-One owners still having fun with this car... I was able to buy a used chassis for parts so I'm pretty much set with spares. Hopefully I'll be able to run my chassis again one of these days. It's really a fun (not to mention unique) car to run...
Old 02-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #111
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, if you can still get one of these... it would be the ultimate hop-up... I bought this in Japan about two years ago... pretty hard to get but all worth the search...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kx-one_conversion_box.jpg (167.3 KB, 325 views)
Old 02-08-2005, 09:16 AM   #112
Tech Regular

Post re: parts

Thanks Eeyan,

I might purchase a used kx-one for parts also if there is no online store available. What does that conversion kit include? Looks top notch! Maybe you can show us some pictures of the new chassis? Well wish me luck on parts hunting! Thanks everyone!! Please post if any new information comes up. Thanks again.

Anthony
Old 07-22-2005, 06:34 AM   #113
Tech Adept

Is there still somebody that is running the KxOne ?

Anybody in outdoor tracks ?

Just used in our 24h club race (24h in a 1/10 scale is 2h and 24min race). Using a 23T motor. With dual diff, no front one way.

The positive thing is that it run for 2h 24m without any problem , no techincal defect, even if it was make a couple of fly/crashes.

The bad thing it is that it doesn't look very competitive ... maybe my setup is crap ...

Do you guy use the rear stabilized in outdoor little bit bumpy tracks ?

Do you still use stock springs and stock oil ... or should I get softer springs ?

When I tested in the past in indor carpet, my kxOne was having a terrible understeering ... that was making me too slow on the track ! It was mainly stock set up, witn some good tires on it Sorek 20/24.

Thanks

e_lm_70

PS: how can I change the rear TOE ... is there around any part available for it ?
e_lm_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:23 AM   #114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Got five of them myself. (1)Running, (2)Rolling, (2) in parts. They're just a novelty item for me. Don't have time to work on them seriously to race. In fact, I'm currently running a TF-4R. I prefer to traditional layout and its also pretty light weight.

Anyways, can someone post pics of this modified conversion kit??? Like what does it include??? What is it converting it to???
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 AM   #115
Tech Initiate

i want to see it too

i had one and man i looked like i was cheating when it was on the strait. i passed three cars one time

the only problem was the one way like everyoen said and no one else was running it so i was lost on the set up
butwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:33 AM   #116
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Anyways, can someone post pics of this modified conversion kit??? Like what does it include??? What is it converting it to???
One of the rarer conversions ever produced for any car... don't know exactly how many were made but I have only seen a hand full of these imported in the US. I am still looking for the aluminum suspension holders and the car should be close to complete. I was able to find some Eagle suspension parts that fit the car so I converted both front and rear uprights to the Eagle aluminum ones (not in picture).
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho KX-One-kx-one_conversion.jpg   Kyosho KX-One-ian_kxone.jpg  
eeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:32 AM   #117
Tech Initiate

wow it looks like a totally different car
Old 08-31-2005, 02:38 PM   #118
Tech Champion

Thanks for the pics Ian. Were you able to notice any difference in handling between this conversion and the stock version? Was it better, worse, or un-noticeable?

Also the original design had the batteries down the center so that the car would transition much quicker and easier. With the conversion, the weight is distributed more like a standard dual belt car. Did the car handle better that way? Was the benefit of having a slightly lower CG from stock noticeable?

I am currently running a KX-One at SoCal. I find it to be very quick. It handles okay but I haven't spend enough time on tuning the suspension. However, it is much lighter than my XXX-S even with the graphite chassis. Too bad its discontinued, its still a good car with potiential.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:21 PM   #119
Tech Initiate

i want to see you run it at so cal

i run an express
Old 10-10-2005, 11:22 PM   #120
Tech Champion

Default Still holding out hope

Gollleeeee. Am I the only one that is still willing to give this car a chance???

Okay, I've had some problems with it but it mainly issues with the king pins on the front suspension but that can be remedied. As for the rear toe as asked by someone, ever heard of using shims???? Ya, like I got an Xray and thats how they get more toe by clamping on shims on the rear arm mount. That can also be done on the KX and it could possible solve the rear end problem by giving it more stability.

Now as for shocks, everyone listen to me, DITCH THE STOCK SHOCKS!!! Go get some good quality threaded alum. bodied ones like Yokomo or Tamiya. Its a $60 - $80 investment but definitely worth it.

Firm springs and thick shock oil are my preference for initial set-up. Sways, sure. Don't forget this car has no droop adjustability, so you adjust it by using the threaded shocks.

BTW, I use the Hitech mighty mini or digital equiv. for the steering servo simply because the reduced size of the servo centers the servo weight more closer to the middle. As for torque to steer (did I say digital??) make use to use a Novak or any speedo that pumps a min of 6V to the radio equip to maintain max performance.

If any of you KX-one guys are looking, please post your comments. From what I heard from the Kyosho rep at Kyosho America, they haven't completely given up on the car. That is, there are still parts avail. and there are some parts coming from Japan that never made it here through Tower/ Great Planes.

Personally IMHO I don't think this new Kyosho onroad OB4/OVA/Seven 6.0/Alex car is really worthwhile at all. Someone there (Kyosho) should wake-up and consider more development on the KX chassis before letting it go altogether.

Oh well. I'll tinker some more and let everyone know. Thats if anyone is interested.