R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2003, 10:57 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Leon

Seems like a car to try if, I can find some parts support. I am looking to setup three cars. One for carpet, one for asphalt and one for TCS. Well the more info that gets on this thread about the car the better, I'm sure loads of people are looking for something new to try.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 03:30 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Default Main problem: CG ?

At my opinion, the main problem with the KX-One, are the relative high CG. But to be honest, I've never driven a KX-One.

I would like to see a version with differentials like the Pro3, so the belt could be on the side of the batteries, motor and servo, thus lowering those heavy parts.

If the kit also included droop-screws, some ekstra rear toe-in blocks and castor blocks, then it could be a winner. And sway bars in different hardness as option parts....

Cant stop dreaming....
Old 01-22-2003, 09:04 AM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

cole, you're dead on. i forgot to mention the droop screw issue. that was a major reason that i ditched it. it wouldn't have taken anything to design in a small stop for them. and given that the rear blocks and front carriers are small plastic parts, they should have included two or three options of each all on a parts tree. i don't understand why everyone doesn't do this. the molds are already made, given the fact that they are "option" parts. why not include them?

and the hingepin blocks could have given the option of adjustable roll center. yeah, this can be done at the hub if you want to lower the rc, but with a 3mm ride height, those hingepins need to be up 4-6 mm just to have a normal roll center.

leon, it seemed that through high speed corners the car was very quick with turn in w/o diving at all. i think with alot of custom stuff it could be sweet, but one of them is the saddle chassis. not cheap. of course neither is the diff. here's a pic of mine from a while back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010004.jpg (99.1 KB, 739 views)
Old 01-22-2003, 09:06 AM   #34
Tech Elite

for those of you who care... here are some pics of the saddle chassis of which we speak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saddle.jpg (77.8 KB, 411 views)
Old 01-22-2003, 09:06 AM   #35
Tech Elite

another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saddle2.jpg (63.5 KB, 300 views)
Old 01-22-2003, 09:08 AM   #36
Tech Elite

one last one. it's small, but shows the conversion in all it's glory.
i dunno what that means.
Attached Images
File Type: gif kxw20-1.gif (17.0 KB, 291 views)
Old 01-22-2003, 07:50 PM   #37
Tech Adept

That looks pretty cool... and control centre sells those conversions?

Is the car that much better with it? Also has anyone seen the tech update on Kyosho's website about the one ways? They say that 70-100 packs can be run through the car before the one ways are worn out.

-Leon
Old 01-23-2003, 01:40 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Default Crazy idea ?

Could this be a way to lower the CG in the original KX-One?

* Take a stick pack.
* Divide it into two cylinders with 3 cells in each.
* Now they can be separated at little and placed in the original position. But due to the separation, they can be lowered, while theres still room enough for the belt.
* Add in one of those KO Propo PDS-947 FET Power Digital Servo (0,9 sek/60 deg and only 27 grams).

Dont know if this can be realized in the real world, I aint got the car. But the perspective...
Old 01-23-2003, 01:51 AM   #39
Tech Adept

sounds like an interesting idea, but that would require a lot of work to the chassis, cause there's a bunch of the carbonand plastic pieces in the way I believe, I don't have the car either... it'st just what I can tell... but that is a reall good idea.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:44 AM   #40
Tech Adept

The daul bell design should be invented by yokomo in its buddy call super dog fighter (YZ-870C). It's structure is the most unique among all cars. It was released in 1987 and won the 2nd runner in world champion at the year. Then it start the trend of daul bell car. It also introduced the mid one-way to the RC world.
mr4-tc sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 02:59 AM   #41
Tech Elite

weird.

anyway, i thought of the twin stick idea as well when i had one. it still requires a different chassis, unless you run them with an inch gap between them on either side of the original ladder. that would've worked if they had designed the car with a chassis like the saddle, but for the twins. problem may lie in strength, or lack of, as the two huge cutouts would contribute to alot of flex. when i had the car, you wouldn't believe of all the things i had thought of to make it work. trouble is, i didn't have the ambition to follow through, or the time.

if this thread stays as hot as it's been, i'll have no choice but to take another try!

later.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:02 AM   #42
Tech Elite

btw - the car was originally marketed as a stick packer. check it.

i believe this pic was from the 2001 chicago hobby show. man, it's been a while since i've seen this pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new kyosho4.jpg (49.2 KB, 788 views)
Old 01-23-2003, 08:33 AM   #43
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by seaball
btw - the car was originally marketed as a stick packer. check it.

i believe this pic was from the 2001 chicago hobby show. man, it's been a while since i've seen this pic.
Seaball: aren't most Japanese cars marketed as stick pack cars. If I'm not mistaken, thats what the racers over there have to run by rule. Even Tamiya's adds for the 414MII show it with a stick pack mounted up with the option of mounting the pack as saddles.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:47 AM   #44
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Macky: thanks for the link to Control Centre.

Seaball: your right, I don't recall the original thread for this car having even two pages worth of post! btw: thanks for posting all those great pics.

Isn't it amazing what giving a car a decent price will do to drive up interest!

I like the original chassis. At least the look of it anyway. So I will give it a try first before I go looking for the coversion chassis. I figure if they can get the nitro cars to handle well with a high CG, maybe I can get it done with this car. But, man that coversion looks good.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:01 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to wheelmanST

Darkseid - Are you going to run the kx-one at the carpet tracks or wait till the parking lot races start back up? Im very interested to see how one performs on carpet....im wanting to get another car and its either the kx-one or the xpress mike swauger kit....i like to be different my tc3 will stay in case the new car doesn't work for me.
wheelmanST is offline   Reply With Quote