R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Where I live, the KX-One always had been sold for a reasonably price.

Once I was very interested. But I didnt took the chance and spend my hard earned money on it.

Reasons: Few adjustment can be made, high CG and the one-way issue. Combined with the fact that almost nobody ran it....

It will be interesting to watch the next chapter of the KX-One. Hopefully, it will be a much more common car - in the term that more people drives it.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:20 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there is going to be a new KX-ONE kit coming...One of my race buddies had the original kit but soon ditched it after purchase...He also didn't care for the front one-way and the high CG of the placement of the cells...

I like always wanted to try the car...This new conversion looks promising...would be nice to see all that in a kit.

I would definitely get one..

if anyone has one 'converted' (front diff included) for a reasonable price, please PM me...
Old 01-21-2003, 03:50 PM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

man, i think this thread has already grown to be larger than the original kyosho tourers thread! what's the deal? man, $199 for it new at tower eh? makes you wonder what the markup was at $369.

macky - what's that saddle conv cost? like $129 or so right? i know diva was selling one all pimped a while back for less than 3. i always look, but still can't bring myself to do it again. i do believe that it's one of the best looking tourers out. imho. i fell in love from the start, but never committed to it.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:10 PM   #19
Tech Adept

One way was a major issue in KX-One. You can correct that by replacing it with Tech Racing Option One Way for KX-One.

In regards to the conversion kit, you can also try to use GPM chassis for KX-One. The battery placement is not as complicated at the conversion kit.

Kyosho supposed to have a limited kit of KX-One with all the option blocks included but no news recently except in their Japanese Website.
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 06:13 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by skibum989
Sushi Boy,

Whose Xray did you drive?
I drove Alivns and Tom from hobby towns. Alivin can set his car up much better. The x-ray is a very smooth car. easy to drive when setup good.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:19 PM   #21
Tech Champion

Default Re: my KX1 with conversion kit and 2 speed

Quote:
Originally posted by ernestf
hey, this is my KX1 which i run with 23T stock motor.

it is not my primary car (ie, not running every weekend), but i do like its adjustable weight distribution (by shifting the batteries mounting positions) and smoothly engaged 2 speed system.
looks kinda like a kawada sv-10 with the funky ladder style upper deck thing.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:20 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Macky Send a message via Yahoo to Macky

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
Macky: Control Centre is a website right? I heard people mention it before. Whats the actual website address?

Thanx
Control Centre is a hobby store in Hong Kong. Here is there web address. Control Centre

seaball I believe it was right around 130.

I sold mine but bought another along with a diff for the front as well as the 6mm one-way from Tech Racing. I think I'm going to end up getting the conversion as well.
Macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 07:48 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Hi Leon, it is me, Ryan. What days have you been racing at the Rain?

SeattleRCRacers.com - come race with us!
skibum989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:11 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Leon

Ryan, I assumed it was you. Skibum? Haha. Do you have AIM?
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #25
Tech Adept

On the subject of the car though,

I just realized what made the car have high CG, I could never figure it out from the pictures before... it's the fact that the belt runs under the battery and the battery sits a ways above the bottom half of the belt huh?

Another thing that interested me about the car was that it has the dual rate compression and rebound adjustment on the shocks. Can any one comment on how well that works?
Old 01-21-2003, 08:16 PM   #26
Tech Champion

rpm made soem adjustable pistons ans stuff liek that so you could adjust rebound and compression. They were mauinly made for trucks so they could cope with bumps and still be ok to drive on smooth sections. I have AIM Leon if ya wanted to talk.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-21-2003, 08:17 PM   #27
Tech Champion

By the way my name is Korey.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

i think most people ditched the dual rate pistons in favor of the std ones. with mine there was a void where there was little of no damping when the pistion would change direction from compression to rebound and vice versa. i'd like to give them another change too. some manufacturers are chamfering the pistion holes on one side to simulate this effect. rclab, for one, does it. it's hard to tell though. not as definitive as the kx's.

oh, and leon. don't forget that the motor and servo are propped up too. combined that's over half the weight of the car riding 6mm above ride height! i think the saddle is the only way to go. i've often thought of installing a bellcrank on it so that the servo could be moved over. i know that's the point of the design to keep weight in the center to minimize the effect of momentum or moments of inertia, but it seems to be failing.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:52 PM   #29
Tech Adept

It seems like this car had a lot of good ideas, it just didn't follow through with thinking everything all the way through. They spent too much time centralizing the heavy parts of the car and forgot that lowering the parts would be more beneficial. Or perhaps that was their design descision.

Does the car rotate really well when not rolling over? If that's the case then maybe they really chose to centralize and run those components all down the center for the sake of lowering the moment of inertia.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:52 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The car handle very good. Very easy to drive once you get used to the car's handling. It's like every other cars, when you find a setup that suit to your driving style, it will handle like a dream.

KX-1 is a heavy car. It look like a very light car but it's about 3 oz heavier than a TC3. I'm using NiCd2400 cells while the TC3 is using Sanyo 3000HV when I weight the cars.
boner is offline   Reply With Quote