R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunkie3000 View Post
Has anyone heard any news of Kyosho doing re-releases of their "old skool" buggies. I would like to see the Ultima, Original Optima, Turbo Optima, Optima Mid, Optima Pro and so on. I'd like to also run these at the local track in a vintage class. I'd still want an original restored Optima and a runner re-release version.

I may pick up a Tamiya re-release but I'd really like to see some Kyosho's since as a kid growing up, the Optima was the car that got away.
There is absolutely no sign from Kyosho that they would even consider doing any kind of re-release.
The only thing to come out from them recently is small pull back Optima models.

That said, if you can find a decent used one for sale, you can quite easily buy superb quality reproduction body shells for them. That's how I got my Beetle and Mid Custom Special back to as good as new again !
Old 09-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Optima questions

As a kid I never even touched an Optima because my parents would tell me it was to expensive, I got a Grasshopper instead.

Now that I may finally own one, can I pick all the experts brains to find out if all the parts in the original Optima are fully compatible with the Turbo Optima? I am looking for parts cars for replacement arms, towers etc.

Also, with the Optima mid, what parts are carried over from the original optimas? For the belt, is there another company's belt that will work with the Optima Mid? Was the Optima Mid SE the same car or a different kit all-together?

From the whole optima series, which one will have the least maintenance as a runner assuming you drive conservatively? Which was was known to have most of the early issues corrected? What are common issues to look out for? I will also be using present day Kyosho ZX-5 4WD wheels and possibly the shocks if they fit for the vintage class at my local track.

Also, Optima Pro, where does this model fall in? Was it the last one made? What other Optima kit did I miss?

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

here's a place to look:
http://theoptimahouse.blogspot.com/

+ this has a good list for you:
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=42076

Stu
Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 AM   #94
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Stu, thanks for the resources, I was able to find the info I needed.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:07 AM   #95

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

have the blackfoot still now in very original form. this picture here setup in circa 1990 form. i restored my lil brother's big brute couple yrs ago for xmas so he' have a nice toy from his childhood to show his kids. went thru hell to do it. even finding a battery door on ebay UK for a futaba T2H stick radio that he used as a kid. i will say a jug of nitro to me is better as a paint stripper than a fuel stripped it to clear then repainted his paintjob he did then.

i have a thundershot i just fixed after sittin broken for over 15yrs that i borrowed from a family friend who got me into the hobby with that blackfoot.

i did pickup a supershot and boomerang a few years ago, but yeh i wanted them as a kid, but since i didnt, it really didnt have that same appeal. so i let em go.

great stuff, hopefully see more of these gems.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #96
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a Tamiya Sand Scorcher. its not all there but its getting there!

I also have an old Tyco RC. it doesn't have a body but Tyco sure did some cool chassis work back in the day.

I also have:
Tamiya TA03RS
Tamiya M02
Tamiya FF01

hope to have a altima someday also a old skool Tamiya Hilux =]
Old 03-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #97
Tech Apprentice

I have a 1/8th scale gas car made by Dynamic in 1969. It only needs a radio from that time to be complete (and a body).
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is my one and only vintage car, it's a Nichimo "Spirit FF" 1/10th front wheel drive buggy.

I found it on a council clean up and spent many hours restoring it. The car is very rare, do a google and see if you can find one!

I would be willing to sell it for the right price.

Cheers, Brett.
Attached Thumbnails
vintage collectors-nichimo-1.jpg   vintage collectors-nichimo-7.jpg   vintage collectors-nichimo-8.jpg  
Old 06-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KREATOR1

Looks like an old kyosho. is it?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:15 AM   #100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No it's a 1982 Nichimo "Spirit FF", see the post. They are very rare indeed!

Not to many front wheel drive cars out there and this one is in good condition, just a few small bits missing.

Cheers, Brett.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #101
Tech Rookie

Default WANT TO BUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
About the only thing I have is one of the original Futaba box wheel radios. It's in mint condition including the anntena which is straight as an arrow!! The thing actually works perfectly and has no dings or flaws!! Only problem is I'm not into collecting the old stuff anymore. May be interested in parting with it if the price offered was fair.

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU WANT FOR THE RADIO EMAIL ME AT [email protected] THANKS SO MUCH
1980TITANCAR is offline   Reply With Quote