R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Electrical problem on XXX-s (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/121296-electrical-problem-xxx-s.html)

Damestic89 07-11-2006 09:52 PM

Electrical problem on XXX-s

Hello all, I purchased a Team Losi XXX-s today and me and my friend took it out for the first run.

All went well until my friends 4-tec lost control and hit me while we were racing down the street. Both our cars spun out and went into the damp grass! :flaming: His car was fine, but mine wouldn't move, except I could still steer. I went to the lhs and they reset the ESC which "fixed it".

Well tonight, when I was playing around with it in my basement, the car suddenly dies out. The red light on the ESC turns off. I tapped the wire connecting the ESC to the battery, and the light turned back on? So now I have a ESC that goes on and off it I hit the littlest bumps.

Is my ESC screwed up? Or would you think it's the battery connection?

Fantomcat 07-11-2006 09:55 PM

it would seem like the battery connection is at fault. do you have the white tamiya plugs? make sure they are not loose. I would reccomend getting deans ultra plugs. (red plugs)

Damestic89 07-11-2006 10:00 PM

I dunno what it uses. The battery I have is the Orion (sp) 3000 battery. Everything else is how it came.

Edit: So would this be the batteries problem, or the wire that connects to the ESC?

Edit 2: The battery is a Team Orion Super Duty Plus 3000 mAh Ni-MH.

pyro18t 07-11-2006 10:01 PM

What ESC do you have? Does it get really hot!? It might be the thermal protection. I've never heard of "resetting" and ESC to make it work, The only time I've ever heard of resetting an ESC is to adjust it, like throttle and braking.

Jay

Damestic89 07-11-2006 10:07 PM

It's a little orange box that says

"TeamLosi
Sport
ESC
w/reverse
Made by
Novak"

In that order. When the guy at the lhs reset the ESC, he pressed a button on the side of the ESC.

Edit: It also never got hot. I only ran it for about 3 minutes before my friend spun out.

andrewdoherty 07-12-2006 12:04 AM

Sounds like a connection problem. It sounds like you have plugs. Any chance you can get some pics up so we can see what youre dealing with? It will be a matter of eliminating potential problems to narrow it down to the culprit. GL

Faiz 07-12-2006 01:52 AM

Check thoroughly,
Batt connector on batt and esc
connector from ESc into receiver..
ensure wire are crimped properly into their terminal, otherwise solder them..

tc3team 07-12-2006 02:58 AM

If you're using Tamiya connectors the female connection can be prone to opening up inside causing a bad connection. Maybe it just needs squeezing back up slightly with a very small flat headed screwdriver?

My guess is its that,or there is a bad connection on the PCB soldering.

Damestic89 07-12-2006 09:22 AM

Thanks everybody. I do have a picture, but I can only use my Imac since my PC is down, so I can't upload them (more like don't know how ;) )

Anyways, I'm going to my lhs to pick up a battery charger, so I will bring the car along with too.

rclover#0000001 07-12-2006 11:08 AM

I know what the problem is. The 2 wires connecting 2 your esc are not connecting with your batterys. Push those 2 cords into your esc firmly and your problems will go away.