R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidriver
If you are looking for a new pit bag, be sure to check out the ones by team magic - they are by far the nicest, and well constructed, with corrogated plastic rather than cardboard boxes.I have the 1/8th scale version and love it, and they just came out with the 1/10th scale version. They are expensive at about $150 or so, but well worth it. They are somewhat hard to find as well, but here's a link for one that is in stock, free shipping. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6885
Oops, I guess it was too good of a deal - they are no longer offering free shipping, now add about $30 for shipping from this source. Darn, just when I was going to order one.
minidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The Sportwerks bag is $109.00 then you get the plastic ones for $40 .00 that only puts it at $149.00 still cheaper than the TM bag and you have an extra set of drawers. That is easy math in my book.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

you guys think the f8 would fit on the sportwerks? the boxes... the bottom one is a little bit biggerand it has a divider that separates the boxes.
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:53 PM   #34
Tech Addict

I have the old 10 scale Team Magic: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3852

I use it for two years and the cardboard boxes are still in very good condition... Those have a double wall and they are pretty tough. The bag itself isn't as big as the new ones but it costs only the half
cvt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvt01
I have the old 10 scale Team Magic: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3852

I use it for two years and the cardboard boxes are still in very good condition... Those have a double wall and they are pretty tough. The bag itself isn't as big as the new ones but it costs only the half
I have the older version as well. My cardboard boxes are still holding up, they are pretty durable.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I have the older version as well. My cardboard boxes are still holding up, they are pretty durable.
i've also got the old tm 1/10th bag and the boxes are ok but the horrizontal divider sags and i've got too much crap and need the 1/8th bag to go with it
Old 07-19-2006, 03:49 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

I have just ordered a Team Magic F8 bag having seen a friend of mine's bag. These are truly a work of art, even taking into account the price.

I also believe that in the newer version (the one with black plastic drawers) that it also comes with slightly better wheels which will not stick and bind so easily, like roller blade wheels. From what I have been told, the original unit came with more dodgy wheels which were prone to that sort of problem, not that I've ever seen the older type physically so i could be wrong.

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:15 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just got a Team Magic F8 bag tonight. All I can say it wow! I think very few things in our hobby are really worth their money and I gotta say this appears to be one of them. Most of my stuff fits in this thing (if I really just put the things I need in there then it would all fit). The construction seem fantastic. The boxes seem sturdier then cardboard however they arent as strong as one might think. I definately wouldnt load the big one up with a lot of weight and then take it out. I'll give another report once I actually take it to the track and back.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #39
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
Just got a Team Magic F8 bag tonight. All I can say it wow! I think very few things in our hobby are really worth their money and I gotta say this appears to be one of them. Most of my stuff fits in this thing (if I really just put the things I need in there then it would all fit). The construction seem fantastic. The boxes seem sturdier then cardboard however they arent as strong as one might think. I definately wouldnt load the big one up with a lot of weight and then take it out. I'll give another report once I actually take it to the track and back.

Tim you are cool! That is a very nice bag. I do want to see it in action at the track.

I was at the shop and looked at the Sportwerks 1/8 bag. It is a nice bag. I think the card board would hold up for a little while. But I could not see $110 bucks in the bag. I know some would say it is a hobby and things cost. But in the auto Tech carrier $5K-$10K Snap-On tool boxes did not make you money. What was inside did. I think the same thing with the bag for RC is the same way for me. For some guys the bag is for you.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #40
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The sportswerks bag seems really "cheap" compared to this bag. If I compare this to a piece of nice luggage the price seems on par with that. Very sturdy construction and I guess that is what I mean by it was worth the money. Often times in RC it seems like we pay more for repackaged consumer products we could buy cheaper if they werent "RC" related. (ie MuchMore fans versus going to evercool.com and buying the exact same fan MuchMore does).
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:55 PM   #41
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Think i would get teh Sportwerks bag and line the outside of the boxes with packing tape. Done Deal!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

cool I am probably going for the Team Magic F8 bag now
Old 07-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

Quote:
Think i would get teh Sportwerks bag and line the outside of the boxes with packing tape. Done Deal!
thats what i did to mine. i got a 1/8 and i got a couple of stuff to put in, makes my drawers a little heavy and just wanna prevent if from stripping so i tape some packaging on every corner.. i got it with a discount from my local hobby shop...
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Had my Magic F8 bag for best part of a season now. In that time its managed long road trips and airline flights to international races. Everything fits, its easy to haul about airports and protects my kit great.

No damage from these trips

However one of our cats insists on using it as a sratch post

One of the best items of R/C kit I've ever owned

Cheers
MarkB
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:23 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBurgess
However one of our cats insists on using it as a sratch post