R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #496
Tech Adept

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...asami+hirosaka

is this 4 cell modified? confused... thought it was 6 cells and 8 minutes in japan
Geforcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:02 PM   #497
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geforcy
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?doc...asami+hirosaka

is this 4 cell modified? confused... thought it was 6 cells and 8 minutes in japan
No it's JMRCA national modify, took place in Nov 2005. At that time they still doing 6cells.
The original video: http://www.teamyokomo.com/japan/news/05te.wmv

JMRCA 4cells rule announced in Jan 2006.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:22 PM   #498
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
You aren't accellerating out of a hairpin, you are carrying much more corner speed than you do in on road. Yes I know there are sweepers where you can carry corner speed too....

How about we make Mod 4 cell and leave the spec classes alone????
I think what most likly to happen for IFMAR is: 6cells 1500g and 4cells 1350g both legal.
IFMAR rule doesn't have spec class. It's all for modify. Unless my understanding is incorrect (correct me if I made mistake on following). ROAR make the spec rule (19T/27T). If IFMAR legal 4cells, than ROAR probably need to make a call if they wanna do 6cells only in spec class, or try to find the way to fit 4cells into spec class.

JMRCA is running 8mins 6cells 23T as sport (you can call it stock class), and 5mins 4cells modify as expert (you can call it modify class).

And if you check the legal motor list, you will see modify motor list has Yokomo Zero T-4 there...
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:51 PM   #499
Tech Regular

I have a view for people to concider, people are saying the "ELITEST" seem to be having the problems. If these drivers with their experience and ability can not keep from having equipment fail, do you think the average guy who does not have this experience along with ability can keep their equipment from failing?

I remember when electronic speed controllers were rated to handle 4-10 cells(even average cells of 1.1 x 10 = over 11 solid volts). With modern speed controllers now, you rarely find one listed to handle 7 cells let alone 10 like in the past.

Even though they could handle the voltage, the amount of AMPS used was not near what is used today or will be used in the future.

Last edited by T. Thomas; 07-17-2006 at 02:09 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:53 PM   #500
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang
I car kit optimized for 4-cell would be useless to a person who wanted to run 6-cell classes. Manufacturers wouldnt stand for that and I supoose consumers as well.
Are the manufacturers going to only make cars for the racers? You think the guys who want to bashing in the street with their friends are going to be buying 4 cell TC's? I'm going to guess that if this ever passes that Buggy sales will go up....
Old 07-17-2006, 02:01 PM   #501
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Are the manufacturers going to only make cars for the racers? You think the guys who want to bashing in the street with their friends are going to be buying 4 cell TC's? I'm going to guess that if this ever passes that Buggy sales will go up....
I think were actually agreeing not disagreeing, but I am a bit confused.

I dont see manufacturers jumping on the 4-cell thing right away because say Tosolini wins the Mod Nats with his special 4-cell only RDX, but 90% of the people buying RDX's run stock and 19t or as you say bash with six cell packs, what good does a win by a car you cannot get do for sales?

I am not for or against 4-cell so no one jump all over me, I am just looking at this and saying this doesnt make much marketing sense right now.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #502
Tech Elite

If the rule is changed it needs to be 4 (or 5) cells across the board. If you are going to only change modified to 4, resulting in speeds similar to 6 cell 19 turn, what is the point?
Old 07-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #503
Tech Elite

Imagine the dissappointment in some kids eyes on christmas morning when he breaks our his RTR TC6 and 4 cell sport pack and gets his butt kicked by the kid next door's pimped out Nikko Hummer....
Old 07-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #504
Tech Elite

Quote:
2wd Buggy, because anything less..
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #505
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Imagine the dissappointment in some kids eyes on christmas morning when he breaks our his RTR TC6 and 4 cell sport pack and gets his butt kicked by the kid next door's pimped out Nikko Hummer....

lol
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #506
Tech Regular

Quote:
You can't compare Oval and On Road, they are 2 completely different cars.

Oval doesn't need the Off the line grunt that a On Road does. Oval accellerates once, On road can accellerate 10 time or more than that depending on the latout of the track.

Don't bring Off Road into this either. When I raced off road in the 80's and 90's we raced on dirt, we ran back tires with huge knobbies and never had a problem putting the power down. Off Road these days has become On Road with jumps. The tracks are so packed down it's like running on concrete. Off Road should just switch to running dirt oval tires, they'd probably have more traction....
I really do not appreciate to tonallity of your comments above
I was sharing my experience with 4 cell oval and 6 cell on road. I was sharing my experience, and when you tell me not to say I totally disagree with your comments. and you are a hater. you are an ass.

Maybe I wasn't being very clear, I did not say that oval was the same as on road. I race both and was merely sharing what the differences were to me.

You have a as much right to disagree with what I have to say as I disagree with you.
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #507
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagatahawk
I really do not appreciate to tonallity of your comments above
I was sharing my experience with 4 cell oval and 6 cell on road. I was sharing my experience, and when you tell me not to say I totally disagree with your comments. and you are a hater. you are an ass.

Maybe I wasn't being very clear, I did not say that oval was the same as on road. I race both and was merely sharing what the differences were to me.

You have a as much right to disagree with what I have to say as I disagree with you.
My tonality? I was being nice.... Be glad you never met me in court, I was much more tonal.... Hahahahaha.....
Old 07-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #508
Tech Regular

Quote:
My tonality? I was being nice.... Be glad you never met me in court, I was much more tonal.... Hahahahaha.....
not only are you an ass, your an idiot.
nagatahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:10 PM   #509
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagatahawk
not only are you an ass, your an idiot.
I thought it was interesting that the word "tonality" got used here by someone who hasn't mastered the use of capital letters.

C'mon nagatahawk...lighten up a little. I don't think his comments were intended as a personal attack on your free speech rights or integrity.

It "sounded" like typical internet board rhetoric and bluster, just like everyone on here does from time to time. (who me???? )
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #510
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

It was also in response to something that has come up a LOT in this discussion - trying to justify moving to 4-cell because Oval has done it or because Off-road has changed its battery rules.

They ARE different. You do accelerate in Oval, but it's from 85-90% up to 100% and back down and even that is too much deceleration. Go to a velodrome or a good banked oval and you're never lifting - you find the line wherein you don't HAVE to let off. . .

Off-road has a different set of friction/traction vectors and, thus, power is a different issue than in road-course on-road.

All this has been stated and restated - which is much of where his comment came from.