R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-11-2006, 08:47 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In addition to being able to tilt the stick angles, it would be great if the stick levers are also ergonomically designed like the Sanwa Super Exzes. It does help to provide a nice firm hold on my thumbs.
Bryan Thng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

Default production model or a prototype

Is this version of the KO gonna be the production model or just the prototype?

Last edited by oople 8; 07-11-2006 at 09:06 PM. Reason: upgrade
oople 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:08 AM   #33
Tech Apprentice

well at least it looks as though it is going to be a module based transmitter on the new handset so we can choose to use Spektrum or the KO equivelent, you can just see the module on the back....

crangon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #34
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crangon
well at least it looks as though it is going to be a module based transmitter on the new handset so we can choose to use Spektrum or the KO equivelent, you can just see the module on the back....

Crangon, your image did not load properly.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #35
Tech Initiate

The new radio will have a module in the back much the same as the Helios.
Both Andy and Myslef thought the new radio was an excellent improvement and had no trouble in changing over to the latest technology.
David
spashett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:09 AM   #36
Tech Master

Don't suppose you have any pictures to share?
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Hello

was just wondering if that is the final design for the tranny case or will you be redsigning it to look better because at the moment it doesnt look very apealing

Cheers Kenny F
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #38
Tech Initiate

Hello
We should have some promo pictures soon. The look of the new radio is different, kind of Retro style, like yourself I initially thought hmmmmm but after using the radio and noticing all the benifits without doubt this is gonna improve alot of people on the race track.
David
spashett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:57 AM   #39
Tech Adept

Well ill be getting one, i still have the special edition Vantage from when you did the treble.

Congrats on another WC David!! Superb!!
LEE UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:13 AM   #40
Tech Regular

they look alot better in front of you than they do on the pictures, and they feel very comfortable in your hands too. i think you will be able to use the helios 2.4ghz module in it aswel but am not sure on that one. i also think that it is a preproduction case aswel and the final one will look abit better, i could be wrong on that too though but thats what was hinted at...
agower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:18 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Got this info from the Helger racing site.....
It's been a long wait but the Vantage III is out! A complete redesign gives the transmitter a new look although the 'feel' is still classic KO. Helios module will mean that the radio will be easily converted for use with 2.4Ghz.

What better result can you have than to win first time out? Especially when itís the World Championships.
KO Propo decided to reveal the new KO Vantage Esprit 3 for the very first time at the World Championships held in Italy.

Firstly, David Spashett claimed TQ and his third World Championship 1/12th scale title with his Corally SPM12X then Andy Moore driving the new Hot Bodies touring car proved without a doubt that to win you need the control that only a KO transmitter can offer. Both drivers had the benefit of the new KO Vantage Esprit 3 and new low profile PDS2413 (K30044) digital servo. Andy also drove the KO based Hara speed controller to set the pace in qualifying and win from Masami Hirosaka who was, interestingly also using the new KO Esprit 3 transmitter. Andyís intelligent

drive won him his first world championship title and weíre all delighted for him. As far as KO are concerned it just couldnít get any better. Andy and David both agreed that the radio was by far the best they have ever used. The speed, positive feel and consistent control offered by the new electronics made their chassis feel totally locked into the sticks. We canít give the full specifications of the radio yet, but what we can tell you is that it features digital trims and a jog dial selection control along with all the normal functions that you would expect from a top of the line KO radio. KO are promising that the specifications will be finalised in the next few weeks and details should be published before the end of September, with the release of the radio expected by Christmas. Canít wait!!

Some of the features included in the Vantage III. KO are promising that the specifications will be finalised in the next few weeks and details will be published. As soon as we have them we'll post them up here so keep watching.
1) Large LCD screen-for easy reading
2) Jog dial-for easy access to all the control menuís
3) Electronic digital trims-for precise control of servo/speedo position
4) Electronic digital neutral trim setting
5) Adjustable Throttle/steering sticks-for perfect alignment with your thumb movement
6) Brake balance adjustment
7) Quick end point adjustment
8) Throttle and steering curve adjustment
9) Rubber pads on rear of transmitter case for comfort and safety
10) Adjustable high frame rate for fast control response
11) Adjustable frame rates brings compatibility to older types of receiver
12) Ultra smooth digital signal transmission
13) 2.4Ghz compatible
Attached Thumbnails
New KO Vantage Esprit ???-d5koradio.jpg   New KO Vantage Esprit ???-d5kodetail1.jpg   New KO Vantage Esprit ???-d5kodetail2.jpg   New KO Vantage Esprit ???-d5koradioback.jpg   New KO Vantage Esprit ???-d5koradioside.jpg  

stegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One of the major improvement I would like to see is a bigger screen, something similar to Sanwa Super Exzes would be great !!!
Ralf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 AM   #43
Tech Apprentice

oh man, i'd love to have one of those transmitters. I'm just starting out in rcing and i'm not going into it seriously or anything, just a hobby and just bashing, but i have to say, id much rather have a stick tx than one of those pistol grip ones. everyone in the local club uses the grip ones, but my car came with a cheapo futaba attack t2dr and i still prefer it way more than all of theirs. of course id like something abit more now, but all those stick transmitters are a taaaad too expensive for me, around 1000% too expensive for me. anyone know of a cheap 2channel sticktype transmitter that can be found in canada/north america?
SSJChar is offline   Reply With Quote