R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs up Kyosho TF5 Stallion

Just wanted to start a thread for a good looking car, cant wait to get my hand's on 1!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Maybe you should keep to the thread that has ALREADY been started for it... "Kyosho Touring Car"
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Lightbulb wow

wow dude I just wanted to start 1 for the belt drive car only like,Corally,Tamiya etc as you will see tamiya does not have "tamiya touring car" thanks for your input
Old 07-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with starting a thread for the new belt car only.

Although looks to be a car designed for asphalt racing, but tempted to give it a go for the upcoming carpet season.

Dom
Old 07-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #5
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

the problem with a new thread is that you lose all the information on the car over the last six months. a new thread is not a bad idea, but your timing sucks. you should have posted it when it became certain that kyosho was going to have both cars for this year, which was some time ago.

for the veterans of this board, they are tired of seeing reduntant threads pop up. there is no real advantage to starting a new thread here. not wanting to read about both cars in one thread is sort of lame. the thread doesn't move that quickly.

dom - we'll hopefully have the car figured out on carpet a few weeks after it's released. aaron buran of kyosho will have one when it's available, and i am in charge the setup. we may have to get some thick c/f cut out for it, though. maybe not. cyrul's car has twin tops, and it is remarkably stiff for thin graphite.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
dom - we'll hopefully have the car figured out on carpet a few weeks after it's released. aaron buran of kyosho will have one when it's available, and i am in charge the setup. we may have to get some thick c/f cut out for it, though. maybe not. cyrul's car has twin tops, and it is remarkably stiff for thin graphite.
Cool, thanks for the headsup. I would like to represent Kyosho in electric as well in the winter. Let me know the updates if you can. What class will you guys be running? I'll mainly be running mod and 19T foam.

Dom
Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #7
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I'll mainly be running mod and 19T foam.
same. we'll play with some mod, but the setups will be taylored to stock/19.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
the problem with a new thread is that you lose all the information on the car over the last six months. a new thread is not a bad idea, but your timing sucks. you should have posted it when it became certain that kyosho was going to have both cars for this year, which was some time ago.

for the veterans of this board, they are tired of seeing reduntant threads pop up. there is no real advantage to starting a new thread here. not wanting to read about both cars in one thread is sort of lame. the thread doesn't move that quickly.

Well I think the timing's right enough to be well before the car's released so who cares ?
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 5thscaleracer

uh i do
5thscaleracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Quote:

Yah you may be right I didn't think of it that way and I did not read the "kyosho touring thread" as soon as I seen the car in car action I typed in tf5 stallion and didn't get anything so I started 1 for this car only due to the fact I will be buying 1 as soon as it is released if it takes off cool of not cool...Is the car based on rubber or foam tiers ?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #11
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I am a "board veteran" and the only threads I'm sick of are the "car X vs. car Y" threads or the "pick my car for me" threads. And this aint one of those.

I agree with Customworksking and litespeed-dom. As a Tamiya TA05 owner, I can see that the thread moves nearly a page a day. I would hate to have to search through a "Tamiya Touring Car" thread to find my TA05 info amoung all the 415, TL01, Evo, etc.. stuff.

I've seen some of these "every car a company makes" threads in the off-road forum, and its a PAIN to find ANYTHING useful in them.

Aint nuthin' wrong with a new thread as long as it serves a good purpose.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:31 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

following this logic, the JRX-S thread should be merged with the XXX-S thread and the T2R thread should be merged with the T2 thread.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What is the point of arguing about if a thread should be created? It is here, lets talk about the TF5 Stallion. Looks like a nice car, we will see how it does and if it can be adapted to carpet. Up here in the Great Lakes/Midwest area, Stock/19t Rubber is big. Nobody runs foam very much. I think a foam asphalt car should be about equalivelant to a rubber carpet car??? I have never ran electric TC, only gas, but I am going to be running one this next winter. I am seriously thinking about the Stallion if it works out. Otherwise, I will just get on the wagon and get a T2. Then I can get set-ups from Dom.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:36 AM   #14
Tech Elite

The point is that the Kyosho Touring Car thread was STARTED to talk about the TF-5. So there is no point in starting another thread about the SAME car.

There is lots of good info in there about the TF-5 already, the Stallion will be identical to the shaft car except for the drivetrain, don't be misled by the pics of Cyruls car, this is NOT the car you will see on the shelves in September.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
The point is that the Kyosho Touring Car thread was STARTED to talk about the TF-5. So there is no point in starting another thread about the SAME car.

There is lots of good info in there about the TF-5 already, the Stallion will be identical to the shaft car except for the drivetrain, don't be misled by the pics of Cyruls car, this is NOT the car you will see on the shelves in September.
And its a damn shame too! If you hqve ever seen this car on carpet you would know why! Too bad Japan doesnt care about carpet
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote