R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #406
Tech Elite
 
Glowster21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,493
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
This motor is nuts! Touring Car Foam Tires CO27 I was running a 100/34 with 56mm tires, rollout was 27.34

Put this motor in the car same gearing and a total slow poke. Changed to a 88/40 56mm tires, rollout was 36.55 and what a difference. I think I could still go up a couple of teeth on my pinion or go down even farther on the spur gear.

Just totally insane!

Later,
Crash,
What ESC were you using?
Glowster21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:35 AM   #407
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvicpr87
Did you run this motor at Willis????....how was it on the track?
Yes.... I love it.... Come check out my car, if you want to take a few laps, let me know....

I'd love to resolve my other problems, too bad one of them involves surgery on the nut behind the wheel...
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:08 AM   #408
Tech Elite
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowster21
Crash,
What ESC were you using?
Not a Mamba if you are wondering. I was using a LRP Sphere(one of the first ones) hope to have the Mamba running it by the end of the year.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #409
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
This motor is nuts! Touring Car Foam Tires CO27 I was running a 100/34 with 56mm tires, rollout was 27.34

Put this motor in the car same gearing and a total slow poke. Changed to a 88/40 56mm tires, rollout was 36.55 and what a difference. I think I could still go up a couple of teeth on my pinion or go down even farther on the spur gear.

Just totally insane!

Later,
i ran a 66mm rollout on my 1/12th scale(13.5) was very impressed raced it with a field of 1/12th's running 19t qualified 5th and finished 4th in the A-main
motor came off cold could gone up 2 more teeth on the pinion but the had no room to move the motor i need a smaller spur (like a 80 or 83)
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:23 AM   #410
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
This motor is nuts! Touring Car Foam Tires CO27 I was running a 100/34 with 56mm tires, rollout was 27.34

Put this motor in the car same gearing and a total slow poke. Changed to a 88/40 56mm tires, rollout was 36.55 and what a difference. I think I could still go up a couple of teeth on my pinion or go down even farther on the spur gear.

Just totally insane!

Later,
Because of what you said.......I will try to gear my 13.5 to the MOON this sunday just to give the 13.5 another try. I was quite conservative last time (C027 on Mi2EC with 116/32 - foams 56mm, and same car with 13.5 and gearing 116/36, 4T higher only - foams 55mm) I was not impressed at all last time. But after talking about that here...........I think I was WAY undergear...way under. I have 112 spur and 110 spur with 38T opinion is the biggest that I have to try.....

OK....MOON gear ratio here I come.....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #411
Tech Elite
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
Because of what you said.......I will try to gear my 13.5 to the MOON this sunday just to give the 13.5 another try. I was quite conservative last time (C027 on Mi2EC with 116/32 - foams 56mm, and same car with 13.5 and gearing 116/36, 4T higher only - foams 55mm) I was not impressed at all last time. But after talking about that here...........I think I was WAY undergear...way under. I have 112 spur and 110 spur with 38T opinion is the biggest that I have to try.....

OK....MOON gear ratio here I come.....
After talking to a couple of people they all agree that the 13.5 needs to be geared higher then the 4300 just for the fact it is a torque motor. But yeah after the first run I was very dissapointed. But after the main I was very pleased.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #412
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
After talking to a couple of people they all agree that the 13.5 needs to be geared higher then the 4300 just for the fact it is a torque motor. But yeah after the first run I was very dissapointed. But after the main I was very pleased.

Later,
Just used your rollout as a quick reference on my Mi2EC. If I have to create the 9.21 rollout bumps by using 13.5 instead of brush motor, I have to lower my spur from 118 to 100 and still need to mount the pinion like 38T or 39T and to get something like 37.14 and 38.12. For me, that is MOOOOOON gearing for sure.... I would never imagine a gearing to the moon is actually meant the MOON......

I just can't wait....................
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #413
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Yes.... I love it.... Come check out my car, if you want to take a few laps, let me know....

I'd love to resolve my other problems, too bad one of them involves surgery on the nut behind the wheel...
Niice....i gotta check it out this sunday if the girlfriend/slavemaster lets me out to play.....lol were you running a 19t this past sunday?? i would like to see this BL in your car ....This thing is kind of expensive tho! 70 dollars for a stocker plus around 200 for a ESC....but then again you wouldnt have to worry about anything after buying this....im gonna bring my 12th scale back out this weekend
slicvicpr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #414
Tech Elite
 
vtl1180ny's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Wrong Island
Posts: 4,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvicpr87
Niice....i gotta check it out this sunday if the girlfriend/slavemaster lets me out to play.....lol were you running a 19t this past sunday?? i would like to see this BL in your car ....This thing is kind of expensive tho! 70 dollars for a stocker plus around 200 for a ESC....but then again you wouldnt have to worry about anything after buying this....im gonna bring my 12th scale back out this weekend
I had a 19t in my 10th scale, I roasted a stock motor in the 2nd qualifier... Which was Albetro kept making those comments during the main... I'm going to picking up another GTB and 13.5 this month.... Xmas is a killer since i have to spend money on other people, namely my wife... hahahaha....
__________________
I still lurk....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #415
Tech Regular
 
PeteB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
This motor is nuts! Touring Car Foam Tires CO27 I was running a 100/34 with 56mm tires, rollout was 27.34

Put this motor in the car same gearing and a total slow poke. Changed to a 88/40 56mm tires, rollout was 36.55 and what a difference. I think I could still go up a couple of teeth on my pinion or go down even farther on the spur gear.

Just totally insane!

Later,
Yeah, i have found that the target rollout is in the high 30s, last race, was on a super hot evening, air temp at 9pm was 32degC, and the motor was getting hot, mind you I was running a rollout of about 38mm. (xray with 84/27) which is almost the same rollout I use for Silver Can. just with tonnes more torque and a few more rpm (the 13.5 is rated at about 23000rpm, whereas SilverCan motors are around 18000rpm)

Pete
__________________
JRXS-R
GTB SS + 13.5 & 10.5
Trakpower 4900
Supernova
Nomadio
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #416
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,097
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

I just got my first SS13.5 and am running it behind an LRP Sphere ESC. At my local track, I gear at 20/86 for a CO27 Stock motor, 19/26 for a Monster Stock Motor and 23/86 for a Sports Tuned. Any ideas where I should be running the SS13.5? I know the guys running Mod 4.5's run around 16/87. (BTW this is 1:10 tourer using an X Ray FK05/T2 ratio)
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:53 AM   #417
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 43
Default

I would start about 26/86 and work up from there.
vroomtshh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #418
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus
I just got my first SS13.5 and am running it behind an LRP Sphere ESC. At my local track, I gear at 20/86 for a CO27 Stock motor, 19/26 for a Monster Stock Motor and 23/86 for a Sports Tuned. Any ideas where I should be running the SS13.5? I know the guys running Mod 4.5's run around 16/87. (BTW this is 1:10 tourer using an X Ray FK05/T2 ratio)
Like my case......I was using 30-32/116 on my Mi2EC, for my 1st time out with 13.5, I used 34-36/116 and I was not impressed. So, if you are using 26/86 on your T2, I think it is still LOW for the 13.5. But like me, you should start from 26 and only go UP (not down).....from 26 to 36T pinion.

Yes, it is hard to believe, I am doing the exact smae thing this sunday (from my last try 36/116) I am going to try from 32-39 with 110 or 108 spur....give me a 35-38mm roll out with 56mm foams. If you are running rubber tires, still, try from 26T and go up....probably don't need to go all the way up to 36T...

Good luck...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #419
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,097
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Ok well after a 5 min driveway run on the largest pinion I had, (a 22) the motor got to 120, so aiming for 160, yeah 26-27 is the go by the looks
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #420
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

Anyone have some advice on how I should setup the profile of the GTB with the 13.5? Is anyone running anything other than one of the stock profiles?
__________________
Michael H

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak 13.5 SS Pro Stock Brushless Motor Delyt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-12-2007 04:44 PM
WTB: stock novak brushless system 78camaro R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-07-2007 11:08 PM
LRP Vs Novak Brushless for stock r2160 Electric On-Road 23 07-31-2007 07:30 AM
Novak 13.5 Brushless Stock glitchy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 12-30-2006 05:00 PM
novak 13.5 stock brushless mugengreg Australian Racing 1 08-26-2006 11:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:01 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net