Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak Stock Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
So we're pretty much saying a 50-60mm rollout here???? Possibly even higher....
Try a 66mm rollout.Its definately funny to see your lap times are almost exactly the same after 8 minutes.Also what temp are you motors coming off the track in a 12th scale? My speedo was at 75 degrees and the motor was at 94 degrees.Crazy! Anyone else with some feedback?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

For Brushed mode- Is it possible to make some type of harness at the speed control that connect all three wires that are suppose to go to the negative pole on the brushed motor and have only one wire go there instead? Or do you have to have all three wires from the speedo go to the negative pole.
(Hope this question makes sense)
Old 11-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by og_capone
For Brushed mode- Is it possible to make some type of harness at the speed control that connect all three wires that are suppose to go to the negative pole on the brushed motor and have only one wire go there instead? Or do you have to have all three wires from the speedo go to the negative pole.
(Hope this question makes sense)
Here is a setup with a Brushless motor:

And here is a setup with a Brushed motor:

these are not mine but i found it from last year!
Hope it helps
Old 11-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Wow, thanks Marcos. These pics are very interesting. I wonder if it's possible to hook something up closer to the solder tabs of the speedo. I appreciate the pics very much.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racenut123
Try a 66mm rollout.Its definately funny to see your lap times are almost exactly the same after 8 minutes.Also what temp are you motors coming off the track in a 12th scale? My speedo was at 75 degrees and the motor was at 94 degrees.Crazy! Anyone else with some feedback?
I think I found a happy medium at 55mm rollout.... I had too many chassis issues last week and broke my car every round.... My motor was barely getting warm the week before and I had no noticable temp change in the ESC...
Old 11-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

MacroJ.......I am sure NOVAK system has 1 extra wire then the LRP system for brush motor use. But I know you are only showing the concept here....that is a very clean setup.

If I have to wire the GTB to brush motor, I will try soldering the 3 color wires onto a battery bar "across" and then solder 1 black negative wire on the other side, then solder then end of that negative onto the brush motor.

May not be the cleanest, but probably easier then soldering all 3 wires onto the motor very space limited negative side tab.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
MacroJ.......I am sure NOVAK system has 1 extra wire then the LRP system for brush motor use. But I know you are only showing the concept here....that is a very clean setup.

If I have to wire the GTB to brush motor, I will try soldering the 3 color wires onto a battery bar "across" and then solder 1 black negative wire on the other side, then solder then end of that negative onto the brush motor.

May not be the cleanest, but probably easier then soldering all 3 wires onto the motor very space limited negative side tab.
Here is the schematic for my brushed/brushless set up. I have the brushless done and on the car and Im making the brushed add-on now. I cut a Deans connector in half to make the single connectors.
Attached Thumbnails New Novak Stock Brushless-brushless-connection.jpg  
Old 11-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB Moose
Here is the schematic for my brushed/brushless set up. I have the brushless done and on the car and Im making the brushed add-on now. I cut a Deans connector in half to make the single connectors.
Hey Moose what BL system did you get? Are you going to SoCal this Sat?
Old 11-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Xtreme RC Cars December issue shows 2 great pics of how to wire the Sphere and GTB up to a brushed motor on page 177. Small jumper wires on ESC then 1 wire to each pole on motor. Cleanest way I've seen yet. Although I don't use brushed motors anymore .
Old 11-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroStar
Xtreme RC Cars December issue shows 2 great pics of how to wire the Sphere and GTB up to a brushed motor on page 177. Small jumper wires on ESC then 1 wire to each pole on motor. Cleanest way I've seen yet. Although I don't use brushed motors anymore .
lol , I use all my old brushed motors for paper weights
Old 11-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm hoping someone can clear something up for me. I'd like to put the sintered rotor into my 13.5 but I have a few questions.

Should this just drop into the 13.5?
What end bell is supposed to come on the 13.5?
How can I tell what end bell came on my 13.5?

I've been running this motor in the local stock/foam class and I love it. It's like having a fresh tuned motor every run.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlamMan
I'm hoping someone can clear something up for me. I'd like to put the sintered rotor into my 13.5 but I have a few questions.

Should this just drop into the 13.5?
What end bell is supposed to come on the 13.5?
How can I tell what end bell came on my 13.5?

I've been running this motor in the local stock/foam class and I love it. It's like having a fresh tuned motor every run.
I asked that question a week ago, and here are the answer....

(1) yes....plug and play
(2) it suppose to have the big bearing end bell (or should I say front bell)...the eariest verion has the 4300/5800 old style...(i think)
(3) If you see the bigger bearing one...that is the latest one. My 13.5 one is exactly the same (bearing wise) as my 4.5.

I am glad you like the 13.5 stock at your track, I am still trying to get more gearing things figure out and try to catch those tunned brush motor....my 13.5 still a little slower...
Old 11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara
I asked that question a week ago, and here are the answer....

(1) yes....plug and play
(2) it suppose to have the big bearing end bell (or should I say front bell)...the eariest verion has the 4300/5800 old style...(i think)
(3) If you see the bigger bearing one...that is the latest one. My 13.5 one is exactly the same (bearing wise) as my 4.5.

I am glad you like the 13.5 stock at your track, I am still trying to get more gearing things figure out and try to catch those tunned brush motor....my 13.5 still a little slower...
I think mine came with the smaller bearing. Is Novak replacing these?
Old 12-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This motor is nuts! Touring Car Foam Tires CO27 I was running a 100/34 with 56mm tires, rollout was 27.34

Put this motor in the car same gearing and a total slow poke. Changed to a 88/40 56mm tires, rollout was 36.55 and what a difference. I think I could still go up a couple of teeth on my pinion or go down even farther on the spur gear.

Just totally insane!

Later,
Old 12-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I think I found a happy medium at 55mm rollout.... I had too many chassis issues last week and broke my car every round.... My motor was barely getting warm the week before and I had no noticable temp change in the ESC...

Did you run this motor at Willis????....how was it on the track?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.