Battery survey

Old 07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ib 4200 shv's
Old 07-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default batteries???

I practice with 5500 mah packs that i custom build however I can not race with them professionally in ROAR or IFMAR due to over mm size. As for race packs?? I use IB4300 and 2 sets of 4200 with great digits. As for weight I see some have posted? I say if thats the case due to heavier cells???, loose a piece of heavy alloy here and there and go back to plastic. Once it breaks anyhow, it a trashed part...plastic?? a mere 4.00 piece and I can still finish the high mains or qualify. The battery weight isnt that much to worry about considering the run times us racers are getting out of these new packs!!! Its equal to removing a few stainless stock screws or a alloy battery strap thats all glam!!!!

Team Academy / MRC / Team1rc.com / Tekin
B'
Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SA22C'ya
Speaking of GP vs IB, how is the life of the IB's these days? In other words I have gotten several hand me down GP3300 race packs that are still fast after years and all kinds charge/discharge cycles while the set of IB3300's I got new were only fast for a few months and then fell off. Now that IB has gotten better do they continue to be fast after lots of cycles?
Can anyone answer this, i hope battery company or matcher company can answer this

Last edited by nino_pohan; 07-13-2006 at 12:52 AM.