R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-19-2003, 08:58 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Warlord, instead of getting 12v battery and charger why not pick up a power supply........ Pace Electronics has pyramid power supplies pretty cheap, probably cheaper than the battery and charger you are looking at....... and drawing 5-10 amps from that battery it will probably need recharged more than the batteries you are charging off of it.......

Also get a good quality soldering iron.....

For batteries check out Promatch racing

I would search around for a used novak Cyclone c2 or tc2 if the budget doesn't allow for a brand new esc you can usually pick one up for around $75......

For tires I would start with 2 sets of purple and 2 sets of plaids or double purples, unless they are only allowing rubber tires, then ask others what to look for....LOL

If you plan on racing a comm lathe s a good investment, and since you race nitro if you allready don't have one a tire lathe would be wise also..... you can pick up both quite cheap at Integy
The lathe is like $130 and the lathe can be had for $80...... stick with carbide bits for the comm lathe, the diamond bits are exensive and really no better.......

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 01:41 PM   #32
Tech Adept

What amp size power supply should i get also i got the 12 volt for when i go to places without and electrical outlet but I guess when i'm at home i can use a power supply. Which one?
warlord385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:36 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You probably want something around 10 or 15 amps. The 10 amp should be good if you're only going to run one charger. You'll need something with more amps to power 2 chargers.
Erik R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 09:14 PM   #34
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

dtm ... manticore .......
look .... lets just say u 2 have 1 brain but dtm is the left and manticore is the right hand ....

hm ... u admited this urself ....
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 09:41 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by warlord385
What amp size power supply should i get also i got the 12 volt for when i go to places without and electrical outlet but I guess when i'm at home i can use a power supply. Which one?
Bulldog has a 30amp and a 45 amp power supply. I do recommend getting more that a 15 amp if you intend to use more than one charger especially if you have a one that is has a motor run mode.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 12:19 AM   #36
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by imataquito
dtm ... manticore .......
look .... lets just say u 2 have 1 brain but dtm is the left and manticore is the right hand ....

hm ... u admited this urself ....
shall I or we (and dtm) consider that this is an insult? two persons only have one brain ?? or is this the inefficiency of your language?

we have never admitted anything ! Or what have we admitted?
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 06:49 AM   #37
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
shall I or we (and dtm) consider that this is an insult? two persons only have one brain ?? or is this the inefficiency of your language?

we have never admitted anything ! Or what have we admitted?
haha...I'm trying to figure that out myself!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just for charging batteries a 10 amp is fine, one of the good things about power supplies is thatwhen you need a bigger one there is almost always someone that is looking for one. However if you do have the motor run feature on your charger get a 15 amp........ I have a 15 amp bulldog and I charge from my Millenium and T30 all day long wth no problem, I just can't chareg on the millenium and use the motor run on the T30 at the same time.......

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote