R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2003, 07:27 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Thumbs down Dtm,Dtm,Dtm...........

You blew your wad too early DTM!Sounds like a personal problem.This guys has experience and obviously can drive and set up a car.He does not need to waste his money on a TL01.You waste your time and money.Thanks for the unneeded advise.It really bugs me when someone gives a person new to this part of the sport CRAP advise{RANT OFF}Both cars mentioned{minus the TL01}are very competitive cars and can get the Job Done.But so can many othe TOP level kits on th market.Buy whats easily accesible and what the fast guys run at your local track so you can get a little help.But also take into consideration the ease of setting up a car that requires less tools and without specialty setup tools.But also take into consideration how bulletproof an xray is.Too bad they didnt sell it with the c hubs with the kit.Both are awsome.Unless your running TCS or have a class at your club that run TL01's don't waste your time. Not very competitive.
racenut123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 07:58 PM   #17
Tech Adept

I just recently got back into R/C cars...been involved in the hobby off and on for the last 17 years. It has always been my opinion that all "race caliber" cars can be just as competive as each other. For me it always came down to what I liked as far as assembly,maintance and just plain old fashioned looks If I lost a race it generally wasn't the car I was driving it was how I had it set-up and my driving skills. Go with what you like, myself I just picked up a Xray and like it very much. I really don't think you can go wrong with either. Good luck!

Matt
pkranger63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 08:31 PM   #18
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: Dtm,Dtm,Dtm...........

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
...................This guys has experience and obviously can drive and set up a car.He does not need to waste his money on a TL01.You waste your time and money.Thanks for the unneeded advise.....................................
Wonderful deduction! A+++
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:14 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Gee willickers MR.DTM, Is is possible that Racenut knows him personally???? HMMMM...... Let's see I know several guys that have started a "which is better" thread and most f them aren't newbe's by any means.....

Agian if you have nothing constuctive to add please stop wasting your time and ours.......

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:19 PM   #20
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Gee willickers MR.DTM, Is is possible that Racenut knows him personally???? HMMMM...... Let's see I know several guys that have started a "which is better" thread and most f them aren't newbe's by any means.....

Agian if you have nothing constuctive to add please stop wasting your time and ours.......
this is one un-constructive thread and this is one un-constructive post from you !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:23 PM   #21
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR

Why did you think I gave an A++++

IMPACTPLAYR- If you read the original post it refers to "race competively on pro level". I agree with you that you are welcome to "own" whatever you want.......but to race competatively it takes a little more than just equipment.....if you read my original post again you will find this is what I am referring to!
Old 01-18-2003, 09:24 PM   #22
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
this is one un-constructive thread and this is one un-constructive post from you !
"Agian if you have nothing constuctive to add please stop wasting your time and ours......."

Old 01-18-2003, 09:25 PM   #23
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Dtm,Dtm,Dtm...........

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
You blew your wad too early DTM!Sounds like a personal problem..........................
I am very calm...you are doing the "wad blowing"
Old 01-18-2003, 09:25 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
"Agian if you have nothing constuctive to add please stop wasting your time and ours......."

\

Oh yes !! I forget to say that !
Old 01-18-2003, 10:42 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the replies and yes to me it was very a very helpful forum and posts. You guys have really helped. About the comment concerning "racing competively at a pro level" I don't know what the pros use because in my area information is really limited. I just didn't want to buy stuff and find out i need better stuff because i am on a sorts kinda budget. I can get the best but can't afford to waste money. I can drive (Nitro no tracks) but not that many tracks where i live. I just practice, practice, practice on tracks i copy from websites. I have competed against my brother alot just not in a field of more than four cars. There are gonna be two carpet tracks within 50 miles of me so I wanted to get the "heads up" info on all things electric from you guys. You guys information has been more than helpful. I have learned so much from you guys i give the guys at my local hobby shop tips and advice (sometimes). Thanks a bunch to this forum here is what i got

x-ray t1 evo2
chassis weights
hudy chassis balance
GP3300 - 24
Team Orion batterie bars (platinum)- just thought ohhhhhhh platinum
LRP charger DC with hobicco battery and charger (Turbo was wayyyyyyyyy to expensive)
W. S. Deans batter jic, wet noodle 12g wire, connectors
Trinity P2K2 (will get modified once i get tired of stock)
comm brush, etc., etc
Is a comm cutter necessary?
warlord385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:04 PM   #26
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to imataquito Send a message via Yahoo to imataquito

dun go platinum .. go copper bars ..... they have lower resistance ...
platinum is strong but high resistance ....

HM>>>>>>>>>>>>>...... manticore and dtm is the one and same person !!!!!!!!!!!!!
imataquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 11:40 PM   #27
Tech Adept

its platinum plated copper
warlord385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:11 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Well done warlord385. Looks like you got yourself a good package.
I would hold back on the comm lathe and see how things go for a while. Especially as you say you are on a bit of a budget. You will probably find someone at your track who might do your comms for you for a small fee. I get mine done by someone with a lathe who charges me $5 Australian (about $3USD). For that price I can't go wrong. I don't cut my comms as much as some serious racers.
If you find you get seriously into racing then you might find buying a comm lathe a good investment. You will soon find people asking if you can cut their comms for them. If you charge a few bucks you can put it towards a new diamond bit when you need it.

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 03:28 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by imataquito
HM>>>>>>>>>>>>>...... manticore and dtm is the one and same person !!!!!!!!!!!!!
you need to substantiate your claim !
Old 01-19-2003, 05:35 AM   #30
dtm
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by imataquito
We do have things in common....but the SAME person is stretching it a lot!!