R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i've been looking at this car because i want something that i can race at club events (very relaxed, not very competitive). i was looking at the TC4 team edition too only because i've had an NTC3 and my LHS (which hosts the club racing event) stocks associated parts, not Xray stuff. however, the Xray looks to be the definate better buy in terms of quality, features (particularly the multi-flex chassis), and price. i can't go on performance yet, since it hasn't been tested. but hey, it's an Xray so you can only expect the very best performance for what you get. and if i break something it won't matter all that much since the racing is mainly for fun (they don't even charge entry fee) and all i have to do is order it online when i get back home. i will probably be racing in the stock class. what do you all think i should do?
Old 09-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #167
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
i've been looking at this car because i want something that i can race at club events (very relaxed, not very competitive). i was looking at the TC4 team edition too only because i've had an NTC3 and my LHS (which hosts the club racing event) stocks associated parts, not Xray stuff. however, the Xray looks to be the definate better buy in terms of quality, features (particularly the multi-flex chassis), and price. i can't go on performance yet, since it hasn't been tested. but hey, it's an Xray so you can only expect the very best performance for what you get. and if i break something it won't matter all that much since the racing is mainly for fun (they don't even charge entry fee) and all i have to do is order it online when i get back home. i will probably be racing in the stock class. what do you all think i should do?
Get the Xray and a P-dub bumber and the car is dialed.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #168
Tech Elite

Quote:
Get the Xray and a P-dub bumber and the car is dialed.
what's the P-dub bumber?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:42 PM   #169
Tech Regular

Gave my T2R a run on the weekend, completely stock with no improvments, or changes to the setup, and pulled a 3rd in the 540 A final. Very happy with the performance out of the box.

only prob so far, which apparantly is the same on the T2, is that the motor mount is quite thick (3-4 mm) which with a silver can, makes the motor shaft too short (with the pinion mounted either way round) for the pinion to properly mesh with the spur. shouldnt be an issue with most other motors as they have slighlty longer motor shafts.

Pete
Supernova
Nomadio
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #170
Tech Elite

sounds great. did you employ the multi-flex chassis feature? did it change the performance much?
Old 09-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Got your phone message, Let me look into it and I'll get back with you.

-E
Holy ish. I forgot I posted that request here. If that can still be done, let me know.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #172
Tech Regular

Quote:
sounds great. did you employ the multi-flex chassis feature? did it change the performance much?
well, the T2R doesnt have the 4 alu stiffness posts, so I guess its half way there already. I just had it setup as per building instructions, Im making changes this week so the the car is setup simliar to my xrayfk04, I dont want to make too many changes too quickly, as I want to see what each change does. Cant wait for the weekend, I have 2 race meetings on, if the weather holds out, so that should be a good test.
Supernova
Nomadio

Last edited by PeteB; 09-18-2006 at 08:43 PM.
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:37 AM   #173
Tech Elite

well i race primarily on asphalt, so the aluminum standoffs should not be a necessity.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #174
Tech Elite

how much are the aluminum stands anyways? do you need just two or four?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:14 PM   #175
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
how much are the aluminum stands anyways? do you need just two or four?
A complete set of chassis "top deck mounts" (2 pair) will set you back about $19-$20. There is a different set for the front and rear.

306511 - T2 Aluminum Top Deck Mount Post Rear (2)
306512 - T2 Aluminum Top Deck Mount Post Front (2)
Old 09-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #176
Tech Elite

so you'll probably need those even if you're planning to only use two of them. it's not very expensive, so i guess it's a good investment in case i ever get into carpet racing. does the kit come with those cool starburst wheels too?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #177
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

is there some kind of shortage for T2R's? i cant find one ANYWHERE
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #178
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade,but I think using a flexible chassis as a tuning aid and ultimately a selling point is a bit thin. I have no doubt that a flexible chassis would give more traction,but it can't be consistent traction to be relied upon lap after lap. If we use the flexible chassis as a suspension component,it seems to me that we lose something in the overall suspension package. I also realize that my logic may be a bit dated,but the flex cannot correct traction issues. If this were the case, we'd all be loosening our top decks in an effort to get those precious tenths,but we're not...we're adjusting roll centre's,camber and all the other angles. I suppose at the uppercrust of competitors, this could be a tuning aid,but for most of the RC racing population it's to convoluted and short sighted. I'm done preaching. I welcome rebuttles as that is what pushes our knowledge as a collective.--Al
Keepin' it real with my M11x
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #179
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Trust me Al.You have seen my car before on a track and know its run well. I must say that the flex tech stuff is effective and so are the different area where you add or remove screws or post.Mr Hudy has a sound design.It simply works the way it is suppose to in my experience.It was never meant to be a suspension band aid.Just a way to fine tune the car to ever changing track conditions.Its almost as effective as the changes you make to roll center,camber ,castor,etc.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:46 PM   #180
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

big al, well said. Personally I believe in the flex chassis, it does what I want it to do, especially when I'm racing different tracks. Is it a tuning shortcut for the slack? possibly.

We mainly race on rubber here in Western Australia, and I think the flex chassis goes quite well in this case..

I've been rather slack lately when going from track to track, not even bothering with adjusting the flex chassis. I seem to just leave it set medium these days which works out well for the racing I do....

it sure tweaks easy on a hit! haha
James is offline   Reply With Quote