R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Which is The best Shaft Touring Car:Kyosho TF-5, Yokomo LCG, Tamiya EVO 5, HPI Pro 4? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/120237-best-shaft-touring-car-kyosho-tf-5-yokomo-lcg-tamiya-evo-5-hpi-pro-4-a.html)

yyhayyim 07-03-2006 02:31 PM

Which is The best Shaft Touring Car:Kyosho TF-5, Yokomo LCG, Tamiya EVO 5, HPI Pro 4?

Lets examine these kits and see which is the best. Who ever has owned anyone of these kits should explain why he belives his kit is the best. He should also mention his kits good/bad points. Which kit has the best value, the best support, the best parts quality, performance, handling, adjustability, lowest CG, etc...

Burlap 07-03-2006 04:13 PM

TL-01

housey 07-03-2006 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Burlap
TL-01

haha spot on :lol:

v0rtex 07-03-2006 04:36 PM

For best parts availability on each of those kits, its going to depend heavily on location. For example where I live the Yokomo range of cars are extremely popular, and (top level) Tamiya stuff is hard to get. Where you live it may be the opposite.

I have only looked at the LCG out of the cars you mentioned, but its parts quality and fit & finish is fantastic.

PerformanceRC 07-03-2006 04:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
STR4 PRO2
Lighter Stronger Faster Cheaper Easier Simple

Antonio Sabato 07-03-2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by PerformanceRC
STR4 PRO2
Lighter Stronger Faster Cheaper Easier Simple

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yyhayyim 07-03-2006 06:07 PM

Why is the LCG a better car? Make your case

What is so good about the Yokomo LCG? Please name some of ingenius features that make it different from others. What are some features which make it a better car? Why would you say its a better car over all than the Kyosho TF-5, or Tamiya Evo 5, FT TC4, or PRO 4?

v0rtex 07-03-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
What is so good about the Yokomo LCG? Please name some of ingenius features that make it different from others. What are some features which make it a better car? Why would you say its a better car over all than the Kyosho TF-5, or Tamiya Evo 5, FT TC4, or PRO 4?

I didnt say it was better. I said it was the only one out of those listed I have looked at, and I have one because its well supported where I live. Where you are it may be different.

skamolly 07-03-2006 06:10 PM

mini-4wd shafties are great! very fast :p :sneaky:

yyhayyim 07-03-2006 06:14 PM

STR4 PRO2? Why- make your case

Its nice to mke those claims, but can you come up with numbers that back up your statements? Tell us why, and show us the stats, of why you belive the STR4 PRO2 is a lighter kit than the Yokomo LCG, Tamiya EVO 5, HPI PRO 4, etc. For example, have anyone actually looked and the weight of these kits when fully assembled, rolling chassis only? What's the weight of the STR4 PRO2 rolling chassis, and compare that the others. Lets get the numbers, since numbers don't lie.

yyhayyim 07-03-2006 06:21 PM

About the Yokomo LCG

I belive the Yokomo LCG is the lightest rolling chassis to date, and the one with the lowest CG. Top deck is super low compared to PRO 4, TC4, by at least 6 mm, and so is the drive shaft. However, the new Tamiya EVO 5 claims that it surpasses the Yokomo LCG with an even lower top deck, and lower bulkheads and drive train...not sure of the numbers, though. If anyone can confirm this it would be nice. Also, does anyone know what the Tamiya EVO 5 rolling chasis weighs? What about the Kyosho TF-5 or FT TC4?

skamolly 07-03-2006 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I belive the Yokomo LCG is the lightest rolling chassis to date, and the one with the lowest CG. Top deck is super low compared to PRO 4, TC4, by at least 6 mm, and so is the drive shaft. However, the new Tamiya EVO 5 claims that it surpasses the Yokomo LCG with an even lower top deck, and lower bulkheads and drive train...not sure of the numbers, though. If anyone can confirm this it would be nice. Also, does anyone know what the Tamiya EVO 5 rolling chasis weighs? What about the Kyosho TF-5 or FT TC4?

I GUESS you just answered your own questions! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fatbear 07-03-2006 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by skamolly
I GUESS you just answered your own questions! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No comparison. The FTTC4 wins hands down.

kbrew8991 07-03-2006 06:48 PM

I really like my Pro4 Hara... shocks are silky smooth, several diff options, lots of suspension tuning ability out of the box

downside - comes as a pure chassis, doesn't even give you wheels/tires...