R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-02-2006, 02:21 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Good speedo and why?

what is a good speed control and what makes it good. how can i tell what speed control would be better by looking at specs. what would be something that would be good for Stock racing? price is not a factor.
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Size (smaller), amp rating (higher), and drive frequency (adjustable). If you can spend however much you want, get the KO VFS-1 Competition with the handheld setting adapter or PC connection. It allows you to set the drive frequency for each throttle step, braking programs, and other esc settings. It's also very small.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:31 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Hi

LRP Sphere Comp. I just got one and it gives me the best of both worlds, I can run brushed or brushless, I am currently running a 4 star brushless and its crazy fast, the brake is spot on and with the auto brake set at 3 its given the same feel as a brushed when coming of the power. Coming down the straight I hit the brakes and it locks up just like my Nitro when the brakes are set at 4, never had that feel with my GTX. Not good for stock racing though

Mike
casper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
Tech Regular

well i currently have a quantum comp 2. but i get the feeling that small speedos arent as good? is there any good powerful speedos, or it doesnt work like that?
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk505
well i currently have a quantum comp 2. but i get the feeling that small speedos arent as good? is there any good powerful speedos, or it doesnt work like that?
QC2 is ok, but be carefull. Ive seen MANY of them blow up especially when its wet. They are no where near 100% waterproof like they claim. I'd say the're barely humidity proof.

Ive had 5 of them. I bought one, and the rest were replacements under warrenty. Needles to say i stay away from LRP now.
The distributor even sent free esc's out to existing owners (including me) around the country because when it was launched in the winter here the situation was terrible.
X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
V12
Tech Elite

The MRT MX Pro is one of the best ESC you can buy. Informations you can find here. http://www.team-mrt.com/
As punchy as a KO if you like or smooth as could be. Programming is very easy and really waterproof as well. Maybe not as well known as some other ESC but very reliable. Currently Iīm using one in a heavy large scale car with 12T motor and the MX Pro just gets slightly warm so no problem even with heavy load.
Also you can buy in different colours matching your chassis.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:44 AM   #7
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
The MRT MX Pro is one of the best ESC you can buy. Informations you can find here. http://www.team-mrt.com/
As punchy as a KO if you like or smooth as could be. Programming is very easy and really waterproof as well. Maybe not as well known as some other ESC but very reliable. Currently Iīm using one in a heavy large scale car with 12T motor and the MX Pro just gets slightly warm so no problem even with heavy load.
Also you can buy in different colours matching your chassis.
I'm using an MX right now and would recommend it. It's price is a big plus too.

Last edited by X2; 07-02-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper7
Hi

LRP Sphere Comp. I just got one and it gives me the best of both worlds, I can run brushed or brushless, I am currently running a 4 star brushless and its crazy fast, the brake is spot on and with the auto brake set at 3 its given the same feel as a brushed when coming of the power. Coming down the straight I hit the brakes and it locks up just like my Nitro when the brakes are set at 4, never had that feel with my GTX. Not good for stock racing though

Mike
The LRP Sphere is a turd. Ive had and seen many problems with them at my local track. Everyone that has it is trying to get rid of it to go back to the GTB or GTX.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #9
V12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by X2
I'm using an MX right now and would recommend it. It's price is a big plus too.

However the customer service seems a little slow. Sent my MX in last week to replace the servo lead and it arrived there on wednesday but no word from them at all yet. I'll call them tomorrow.
Hmm. Does that mean 3 days ago or the week before? I think you canīt expect an overnight service from any company. To be honest I think turn around time will be similar with most brands maybe you have to wait much longer with some of them.
MRT is a small company and they do work hard for making that good products where some other much bigger brands lack.
BTW Terry from MRT is a forum member here also. You could also send him a PM , just look for the MRT thread.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #10
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
Hmm. Does that mean 3 days ago or the week before? I think you canīt expect an overnight service from any company. To be honest I think turn around time will be similar with most brands maybe you have to wait much longer with some of them.
MRT is a small company and they do work hard for making that good products where some other much bigger brands lack.
BTW Terry from MRT is a forum member here also. You could also send him a PM , just look for the MRT thread.
Yes you are probably right, maybe i am expecting too much.
I also had a freind who had to call before anything happened though.

I already spoke to Terry via email before i sent it in.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:15 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myk505
Hi myk505, as X2 and V12 both know as they use the MX Pro it is possible to have a very good, powerful and small speedo plus at a good price!

The MX Pro is we believe a superior speedo with unequalled specification and performance in the smallest size. That comes from having the best MOSFETs with no compromise plus advanced electronics and programming. The MX Pro is also 100% waterproof. With an unequalled spec we shouldn't need to improve on the MX Pro but we are, the MX Team and Worlds specs are due out. With almost half the on-resistance of the best ESC's currently on the market the MX Worlds will be unbeatable!!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12
Hi V12, thanks!

We do try our best to help our customers. It's not always easy to reply to everyone as quickly as we'd like especially as we have been receiving a lot of emails and calls recently.. we did have a very busy week last week so apologies to anyone still waiting for a reply, you'll have it soon hopefully!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X2
Yes you are probably right, maybe i am expecting too much.
I also had a freind who had to call before anything happened though.

I already spoke to Terry via email before i sent it in.
Hi X2, apologies if you were expecting a faster return. As I said we do our best, I'm not sure if you will find other companies that will custom wire you're speedo leads etc for you!!

Your MX will be sent off tomorrow, it's ready to go out and just needs posting!
Old 07-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #14
X2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi X2, apologies if you were expecting a faster return. As I said we do our best, I'm not sure if you will find other companies that will custom wire you're speedo leads etc for you!!

Your MX will be sent off tomorrow, it's ready to go out and just needs posting!
In that case my apologies, brilliant service!
Old 07-02-2006, 02:01 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Thanks X2!!