R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default RACER NEEDS HELP ONLINE RAFFLE

As many of you know we are having a Online Raffle. Here is list list of what is going to be donated. I am going to let this run until the end of August. At that time I will take all the tickets put them in a hat and let my mom draw the names, the winners names will be posted here. I will pm you with contact information on how you get your prize. I havnt received conformation from all the sponsors as to what they are donating, but i will update the list as I get the information to me. So far we have the following sporsors Associated, BMI, EAMotorSports, Jaco, SMC, Trinity, Integy and Darkside. If you would like to purchase a ticket you can send it cash, money order, check. The tickets are $5.00 dollars each. If you would like to be a sponsor you can contact me and let me know what you would like to donate.

My home address is
Tim Donley
215 Fine St. #3
Excelsior Springs, Mo 64024
(816)-630-2889

Here is how it started and the reason for the raffle
Fellow RC Racer needs help

Hey everybody; one of our own needs a hand. Tim Donley first came to my attention because he was selling off all his RC equipment to raise money for his mother's cancer treatments. I did some checking and this is what I discovered: Tim's mother is in her third round in her fight against cancer. This is the third recurrence; and the third round of treatments. The first two rounds exhausted the family finances. Tim's dad is working seven days a week, trying to pay for his wife's treatments; but it isn't enough. Tim has helped all he can with the money end; but it still isn't enough. So, Tim is selling off all his RC stuff to try to raise money. Tim's mother is undergoing chemotherapy; and she has to have the (very expensive) treatments, or...

This is the sort of thing that can hit any of us; at any time. I'm hoping we can all pull together to try to help Tim and his mother. How? Well, Thunder Road is going to have a "benefit" race in the next couple of months; just as soon as we can arrange it. I'm going to hit up the manufacturer's; and try to get some good door prizes. And, I'll put up some decent prize money. All the proceeds from the race will be sent to Tim, to help with the medical expenses.

Tim didn't ask anyone for help. He isn't asking for anyone's charity. He was simply selling off his stuff to raise some money. But I think there are times when we all could use a little help. And I think there are some things we should all do; simply because they need to be done. So, I'm stepping up to the plate. How about giving me a hand? Thunder Road will host a benefit race; the "Sue Donley Benefit Race". Details will follow shortly. Now... Who else will step up to help? We can do some good; and have fun doing it. If you need details; contact Tim directly. Thanks; Ernie P.

Here is what we have so far.

EA MotorSports has donated 1 IB 4200 SHV pack and 1 C2 19 Turn motor

B-Main Motorsports BK/PK brackets these are for a Losi JRXS, Brant has donated 2 sets of these. They are of very fine quality, I know I bought some from him.

Jaco has sent me one complets set of 1/10 scale 2 stage sedan foams

SMC has sent me 1 IB 4200 stick pack, 1 IB 3800 stick pack, 1 Ib 1200 assembled pack for a mini-t or micro rs4, 1 unasembled pack of IB 1200 loose cells for any mini.

BMI has donated a TC4 chassis kit to the raffle

Tekin has donated a G11 Speedo. That is what his top drivers run

Chris Mazzola of Splat Motorsports has donated Robinson Racing spurs and pionions, And a 12th scale body he painted to the raffle.These are 64 pitch.
81,88,88,100 - 30,30,31,33,34,34,34,35,36,37,38

The 1/12 scale body and one 88 spur will be seperate from the rest

Darkside Motorsports has donated a Oval wing kit to the raffle. Part #301

Team Brood has donated 4 IB 4200 packs to the raffle

T.M. R/C Racing has donated 2 complete sets of tires to the raffle, the winner gets to pick whatever kind of tires they would like to have.

Axiom Racing Motors has donated a Kamodo, Element 19t, and some thrust bearings.

John Tag from Express Motorsports has donated 2 Atlas based 19T motors to the raffle. I will be splitting them up

Trinity has sent me 2 pit mats, 2 hauler bags, and 1 Epic Motorsports hat.

J&D Machine has sent motor springs.9oz,10oz,11oz,12oz

Associated sent a pair of body triming scissor

PRS has sent spurs and pionions 64 pitch 114,40,42,44

McAllister has sent the body it is a 06" Ford Fusion body

OHP HAS DONATED 2 CO27 STOCK MOTORS

HPI HAS DONATED A HAT, 2- 8TH SCALE WING KITS, BODY SICCORS,A TEMP GUN,AND A GLOW PLUG IGNITOR AND CHARGER

Voodoo Cells sent two four cell racing battery packs for the raffle
Attached Thumbnails
RACER NEEDS HELP ONLINE RAFFLE-dsc00627-1.jpg   RACER NEEDS HELP ONLINE RAFFLE-dsc00630-1.jpg   RACER NEEDS HELP ONLINE RAFFLE-dsc00631-1.jpg   RACER NEEDS HELP ONLINE RAFFLE-dsc00632-1.jpg  

Last edited by LOSIMANJRXS; 08-24-2006 at 06:33 AM.
LOSIMANJRXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #2
Tech Master

We have a new sponsor to add to the list B-Main Motorsports. Thanks for the support Brant.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Update

Glad things are going well, Tim; but if you're moving the thread, it won't hurt to remind people why the raffle and benefit races are being organized. I'm hoping to have some more good news early next week. Thanks; Ernie P.
Ernie P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
Tech Master

Thanks Ernie I revised the first post to reflect why we are having the raffle. I will be looking forward to the good news from you.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #5
Tech Master

Lets keep this going their is going to be alot of good stuff to come. I belive bmi is going to donate a chassis. Jaco is going to donate tires
Old 07-03-2006, 08:16 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Default JACO/SMC

Good news! I just talked with the nice folks at JACO and SMC. They have agreed to support the Sue Rickman Benefit Races at Thunder Road and Fastlane Raceway; *AND* to support the on line raffle. So, Tim will be receiving a box of JACO and SMC goodies to add to the raffle awards. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:27 AM   #7
Tech Master

That is great news Ernie I have sent pms to Hurricane, Team Brood, Full Throttle Motorsports,and Express motorsports to see if they will sign on too. I havent sold any tickets in a couple of days, Hopefully if we can get some more stuff put up that is going to be raffled people will see their is going to be alot of high end stuff to be raffled off.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
Tech Master

I also asked one of the mods if they would make this a sticky thread but no word on that yet.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Default More news

Tim; I'm back from vacation, and had time to make a few calls today. **Trinity, J&D Machine (Hyperdrive), and (Gary) McAllister have signed on to support the Sue Rickman Benefit on line auction. Jason at BMI will also be sending another chassis conversion kit for the on line auction.** I'll talk to you about the details. That makes the current list of sponsors look like Associated, BMI, Darkside, EAMotorSports, Integy, Jaco, J&D Machine, McAllister, SMC and Trinity. Fastlane Hobbies and Thunder Road will be doing Sue Rickman Benefit Races. Am I forgetting any one? Let's keep the raffle ticket sales going, guys! Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #10
Tech Master

You forgot B-Main Motorsports Ernie. Jaco has confirmed they are sending tires, and SMC has confirmed they are sending batteries.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #11
Tech Master

Guys I only have 50 tickets sold, seems like people are going to get multiple items unless we start selling more tickets. There is alot of good stuff as you can see the list is growing bigger.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Default Raffle tickets

This is for a great cause, guys. And, a very real chance of picking up some nice stuff. Tickets are only $5.00, and... wait a sec.... *I* forgot to order some! Okay; that's corrected now. Money coming at you, Tim. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #13
Tech Master

Great to hear Ernie. Now if we can get more people on board, that would be a great thing. I cant stress enough their is going to be alot of graet stuff up for raffle. So come on guys this is for a geat cause, and you can pick up some real nice stuff from all the great sponsors.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Calling all track owners.... How many of you are willing to run a race and donate the entry fees? I will try to get one going here in Jackson, since I'm not a track owner, I can not make the comment until after I talk with the owners...
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The RC3 club in Madison, AL is going to be having one on the 16th of July.
rc3racing.com
We usually only have about 20-30 cars, but everything helps in these types of situations.
94_snake is offline   Reply With Quote