Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
It arrived!!! erm what is it again??? lol >

It arrived!!! erm what is it again??? lol

It arrived!!! erm what is it again??? lol

Old 07-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation It arrived!!! erm what is it again??? lol

How comes my new ESC has no on/off switch??? some seem to have tham and some dont??

also im so lost on what it is replacing it is untrue!!!

all the wires that i can see that this is replacing go through a funny cuircuit board looking think which has a metal rod that moves back and forth!!!!

you can see it in the pic its the brown thing!! is this whats being replaced??

someone help me aaarrrgghhhhhhhhh
Attached Thumbnails It arrived!!! erm what is it again??? lol-r0010377.jpg  
Old 07-01-2006, 03:10 AM
X2
Tech Regular

The big brown PCB thing is a mechanical speed control, and there is a servo that controls it. You need to take out the big brown speed control + servo and replace it with your esc.
The esc should be wired to the cells and the motor and then set up to your radio gear like the instructions should say.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

Red face

so the big brown thing will stay in the end or go!! im not sure i will start to take it apart and have a look the instructions ar very mild and for someone with knowledge of what their doing!! so not for me 8).
Old 07-01-2006, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

the brown thing goes and the black thing that moves it goes too and if theres a mount for the brown or black thing they go too
Old 07-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

your best bet is to find someone locally to help you.. if your only 8, and not very knowledgeable on the car you should ask someone there who can show you.. this way you wont burn anything up..
Old 07-01-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

lol no 19 years old the 8) is a smiley!!!

but yer probably the knowledge of an 8 year old and no their is no 1 local for ages to do with rc models and their is no local track nothing really to do with rc cars ive just always wanted one
Old 07-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

The white ceramic piece in the metal cage will come off also. It's not used with an ESC.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

ok, well still waiting for older brother to come over and help, as for the motor should i use the stock when setting up the esc and so on so that if it is wired wrong or somthing i wont harm my new 19d venom.

also where is a white ceramic thing i dont even have a metal cage that i know of!!!!

damn i wish one of you guys leaved near by
Old 07-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Your resistor(white ceramic thing in cage) is right behind the battery slot on the right side of the car mounted to the side of the chassis.

Dayton
Old 07-01-2006, 04:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by creamsodauk
ok, well still waiting for older brother to come over and help, as for the motor should i use the stock when setting up the esc and so on so that if it is wired wrong or somthing i wont harm my new 19d venom.

also where is a white ceramic thing i dont even have a metal cage that i know of!!!!

damn i wish one of you guys leaved near by
It's on the right side of the car beside the receiver. The wires from your mechanical speed control go to it. When you start to pull out that wiring octopus, you'll see what I mean. You shouldn't have to hook up a motor for setting the ESC. Most instructions tell you to disconnect it anyway. If you want to send me a plane ticket to London, I'll show you how its done.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Remove whats circled in yellow
Attached Thumbnails It arrived!!! erm what is it again??? lol-rubbish.jpg  
Old 07-01-2006, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

No need to have any motor installed for ESC setup. Generally if you hook somthing up wrong it will be the ESC that gets fried anyway not the motor. You just need to follow the ESC directions very carefully.
If your still not sure just take a pic of the car with the ESC wired up but not hooked up to the battery, and post it so we can check it for you.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

well i did it lol dont as how and i had the old motor installed to be honest it seemes quiet easy i just had to get over the fact that i had to pull little bits off my new little toy
now where should i stick it on the top od the chassie or sideways where the big black thing used to be???

also removing the motor which screws do i remove

lets get this baby goin so i can fly
Old 07-01-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Weight reduction..its a good thing
Stick it where it fits
Access the motor from the other side of the car(not the motor side)
or you could try it with that motor
btw have you got a battery ?
Old 07-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

yep yep and yep got out the old motor in whent the new motor ta da, giving it a gentle run in!!

yer i got 2 batterys with it a 1200 and a 2400 which seems ok will get a bigger one sooner but bearings are probably a higher priority

looks good and im just about to take it for a spin 8)

the heat sink i brought thoe is no good cos the motor is shorter than the original and sits more inside the case what a waist of a few quid but il give it to my mate who has the mini cos his is stock at the moment

so its time to give him an ass whooping

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.