R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Yes My Xray T2 is on its way. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/119787-yes-my-xray-t2-its-way.html)

keachj06 06-29-2006 10:38 AM

Yes My Xray T2 is on its way.

I just Bought 2 days ago waiting for it to get here. I got it for 365 shipped.
I bought the Novak 4.5 r brushless system and am not sure whether to go lipo. I want to race at a club level so iam not sure if they allow lipo yet. also what kind of charger should i get and is the novak 4.5r a good move.

Thanks for all the guys who gave me input on which car to buy

Anthony.L 06-29-2006 10:39 AM

The 4.5 brushless is a bad mistake, that nice T2 will be a wad soon. Try a 27t stock motor to start. You need to learn how to drive the car first.

X2 06-29-2006 10:48 AM

The T2 is an awsome car, great choice.
The only downside with the T2 is that you won't be able to run LiPo's unless you modify the right rear bulkhead. The larger profile of the LiPo by Orion means they won't fit under it.

or8ital 06-29-2006 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by keachj06
I just Bought 2 days ago waiting for it to get here. I got it for 365 shipped.
I bought the Novak 4.5 r brushless system and am not sure whether to go lipo. I want to race at a club level so iam not sure if they allow lipo yet. also what kind of charger should i get and is the novak 4.5r a good move.

Thanks for all the guys who gave me input on which car to buy

Get the Duratrax Ice if you arent sure if you want lipo or nimh. It can do both and it is probably one of the best chargers for the money.

Get the Novak 4300 motor (or a 27T stock). You will just be buying a lot of parts if you are just starting out. Ive been racing a little over a year and Im not sure I could control the 4.5.

Tony Vega 06-29-2006 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by X2
The larger profile of the LiPo by Orion means they won't fit under it.

It was mentioned by a certain Orion/Peak rep that there is something new in the works that will remedy this problem found on multiple cars.

or8ital 06-29-2006 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
It was mentioned by a certain Orion/Peak rep that there is something new in the works that will remedy this problem found on multiple cars.

They should give all the existing owners a refund or the new battery for falsly advertising it was the same dimensions as a nimh 6 cell pack!

;)

imprsme 06-29-2006 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by or8ital
They should give all the existing owners a refund or the new battery for falsly advertising it was the same dimensions as a nimh 6 cell pack!

;)

The total outside dimension prob. is the same. But a 6 cell pack has humps and low spots ( for a lack of better wording) and that is where the problem is on most cars. So really they didn't falsely advertise the dimensions as being the same as a 6 cell pack.

cvt01 06-29-2006 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Vega

Could you link the post please?

tr1kstanc3 06-29-2006 06:09 PM

I've got the t2 running with a novak 4.5 and i absolutely love it. It handles at high speed very well on asphalt. Good choices.

or8ital 06-29-2006 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by imprsme
The total outside dimension prob. is the same. But a 6 cell pack has humps and low spots ( for a lack of better wording) and that is where the problem is on most cars. So really they didn't falsely advertise the dimensions as being the same as a 6 cell pack.

Its actually larger. Ive measure both carefully. Its slightly bigger then the max demensions of a 6 cell pack.

squarehead 06-29-2006 07:13 PM

Oiy, new racers buying the most expensive cars and the fastest motors and electronics they can find... :weird:

:cry:

GTRtuned 06-29-2006 09:22 PM

New T2

If you plan on racing at your local track, you might want to consider buying equipment legal for your class. Since you're just beginning, your best bet is to run stock. That way you can get familiar with your car and learn how to control it. In the rookie class you want to gage yourself with the Expert stock guys. Pay attention to your lap times so that you will know if you are improving. A good stock motor would be the Monster stock and the CO2 motor. Gear the Monster between 7.3-6.8, depending on the track (116X27 or 28)(84X21). I just bought the Much More CTX-C charger and it works awesome. Make sure you bring down the delta peak under 10. Also batteries are important in the Stock class. The IB3800's are very effective. They have plenty of punch and runtime. Here is a link to the X-ray site and it will help you on finding set-ups for your car depending on the surface you are driving on. Later

http://forum.teamxray.com/xsheets.php

v0rtex 06-29-2006 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Oiy, new racers buying the most expensive cars and the fastest motors and electronics they can find... :weird:

Its the proven way of winning, didnt you know?

rcdy 06-29-2006 09:48 PM

don't go for the lipos yet not now. I too had t2 and 4.5brushless, great car very smooth. nice choice.