Wiki Posts
Search

TA05 vs MI2 Schumacher

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TA05 vs MI2 Schumacher

I'm a newbie and I am looking for my first RC car which is better TA05 vs MI2 Schumacher? Feel free to post your opinions, for me to choose from the 2 cars. Thanks!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hi newbie

MI2:
advantages:
- beautiful car
- very strong
- easy to get parts
- with a basic setup u can go to any other track also in or outdoor...
- You always get allot of tips and tricks in the Schumacher corner on this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36

disadvantages:
- Ive u want him to get superfast you need allot of option parts(TAM dampers,lowshocktowers,oneway or spool,...)
- the standard C-hubs are not strong
- on the MI2 its the ''old'' belt-system (on the MI2 EC its the ''new'' drive train)

My opinion is buy the MI2 and FLYYYYY and drop the TA05
Old 06-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

mi2 schumacher. DONE. boxstock it is very strong
Old 06-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In the states Tamiya is more plentiful than Schumaker. I tend to see alot of Tamiyas at the track than Schumaker.

The TA05 is incredible buy out of the box.

There is also a ton of support for Tamiya including this thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...92#post2465292, the Championsion Series and TRF Drivers... TA05 out of the box is pretty incredible buy! If you were talking TA04, I wouldnt bother (its over 5 years old and is still competitive).

Your best bet is goto your local Tracks and Hobbyshop and see which brand they will readily support including the people that race there. I would think that would be key. . .
Old 06-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I like the schumacher
Old 06-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

TA05 - Mi2ECs.

They are not really on the same playing field. Overall the Mi2EC line is so much nicer then the TA05. Yes it costs more but I think you would be happier with your purchase.

nicer shocks...not plastic, cvds, carbon fiber chassis, ect.

Yes the TA05 is nice and about $125 bucks but in the long run I'd rather have a Mi2EC to start with. The newest issue of Xtreme RC Cars has an article about the Mi2EC Foam version if you want to read about it more

Either way I would see what guys at your track are racing and what products your track supports.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

turns out that I have both...(well, actually I have the original mission with lots of hop ups) and both have their pros and cons.... I race asphalt and for that I like the schumacher more... very predictable, silent and easy to wrench.

TA05, I like it a lot, lots of available hop-ups, actually I have 2 TA05s, one almost bone stock but trf dampers and another fully hopped-up with carbon chassis.... however, didn't found yet a setup that completely satisfy me.... but I'm still on it.

in summary, like more the schumacher for now, probably because I'm already used to it (also have 2). Very predictable and comes already with a carbon fiber chassis!
Old 06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Are you trying to compare the TA05 to an Mi2 or the Mi2EC? They're two different cars.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

mi2's are easy to drive. the old one is predictable. the EC is less rear-grip, very fast handling but still very planted. my .02 for arguments sake.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

even if its the non-EC chassis id still prefer it over the heavy tao5
Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by legimlugero
I'm a newbie and I am looking for my first RC car which is better TA05 vs MI2 Schumacher? Feel free to post your opinions, for me to choose from the 2 cars. Thanks!
I got a VERY hopped-up Mi2 for sale if your looking-bmi chassis, trf shock's alloy upgrades you name it. Pm me if interested it has a ton of spares, ceramic bearings, ect. Good price.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think you are all too scared to admit that the TA05 is just as good as any high dollar TC out there. You don't need any real hop-ups. I have the frt. one-way and the sway bar kit, car handles like a dream. You shoouldd check out the TA05 thread and ask the guys that have all the HIgh dollar TC's and the TA05..they'll tell you the same thing I am. The car is very durable,well balanced and accelerates just as hard as any TC out there.--Al
Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

The TA-05 box standard isn't in the same league as the Mi2 when it comes to racing at high speed. Depends on what sort of racing you want to do IMO. TA-05 Plastic Fantastic Stock with plenty of hop-ups it can compete but they all cost $$$$ and it would be cheaper to go for an Mi2. I previously had an Mi2. Very easy to setup, easy to maintain very competitive at all levels. Great sound car all round. Just my 2 cents.