R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-28-2006, 05:07 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
My vote goes to the Peak Dynasty V2 based 19t motor. I have been running on a very large track (1/8th gas track) and the V2 seems to go very well against others out there (KD, Reedy QM and CP) and I just love the fact that you don't have to do any motor maintainence for about 8-10 runs (with edge enduros). No problems with cooking or overheating them either. (FDR=5.5-5.1)

My 2 cents worth.
hey i use sprint brushes and i get 8 to 10 runs! great motor, just remember to gear this one to the moon.
quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deznuts05
Great you asked Seaball

Well simply from my one weekend experience with both motors... geared properly and having two different drivers try either motor it was apparent that the KD was simply faster. Yes the CP look to have more pull but, also stated here, it flattens out. Were as the KD had about 2-3 more car lengths to it before it topped off.

I guess its all application that applies here however if you can gear the car appropriately to the track either one will do however the KD in my opinion will have a larger power band to work with I feel.

Lastly, gearing them improperly, they both will burn up fast and they are touchy with the right gearing. Also, brushes for the KD are easier to come by and are relatively cheaper. Yes, you could last longer with CP however back to the improper gearing that's a big cut in a wallet to take a chance at not only that if you don't notice it at first imagine the damage.

Personally, I have the KD. I've told a fellow pit mate to try the CP and he enjoys it... So my first poser was my choice by ultimately its really personal preference.

GL

And remember to temp it and make sure its around 180 for both motors too cool or hot you're not getting the most out of it.

I believe the KD likes a 6.1 FDR and a CP 5.89. Cheers!
Rudy
I have to disagree on one point. With infinity brushes you simply can't cook a CP. I tried 4,4 FDR and the thing was a bullet in the first two laps (same speed as mods down the straight, and we're talking people that do nationals, not mere club racers). Did a 6 minutes run and the thing came out smelling bad, so I thought i'd give it a skim to see how it handled the temp.

Well it didn't need a skim at all despite the weird colour of the comm. After that I did the whole sunday racing without touching the motor, can you say that of your KD ? If you cook a KD, due to the lower quality magnets they come with, you'll destroy the magnets and your motor will be a dog until you zap the can again.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
My vote goes to the Peak Dynasty V2 based 19t motor. I have been running on a very large track (1/8th gas track) and the V2 seems to go very well against others out there (KD, Reedy QM and CP) and I just love the fact that you don't have to do any motor maintainence for about 8-10 runs (with edge enduros). No problems with cooking or overheating them either. (FDR=5.5-5.1)

My 2 cents worth.
Here's another vote for it. The Element/Dynasty V2 is a pretty underrated 19T. Enduro brushes get about 15-30 runs great for practice and heats. Sprints for the most power. MR springs and gear it with a big pinion. Skim the comm every other run.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

any spring and brush combo for the KD?
skamolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

wanna add fuel to this debate. ATLAS. One of my teammates swears by them. according to him, they have more power than all the other motors. At a track that I was geared at a 5.9 with a KD, he was geared with a 5.1 and had more power everywhere. Now if I could only get my Atlas stock motors to do that LOL
Old 06-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skamolly
any spring and brush combo for the KD?
F Brushes for more rpm's. 767's for a bit more torque.

purple springs on positive, red on negative.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
wanna add fuel to this debate. ATLAS. One of my teammates swears by them. according to him, they have more power than all the other motors. At a track that I was geared at a 5.9 with a KD, he was geared with a 5.1 and had more power everywhere. Now if I could only get my Atlas stock motors to do that LOL
Maybe he has a lucky motor, they are rare but are ridiculously faster. Is it only one of his Atlas' or are all his Atlas motors that strong?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:25 AM   #23
Tech Initiate

dont get the reedy quad 19t......imo there crap!

and the atlas...get it....fast and reliable. my mate uses a 19t atlas and its a friggin rocket!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:14 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKIE
dont get the reedy quad 19t......imo there crap
Not true. A properly tuned quad-mag is as fast as anything out there.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:30 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I know on a fairly large asphalt track in NJ we ran the KD 19T and we either chose the 4499's or XXX brushes with red red combos and ran 6.40 gear as that was best all out power with out going out the power band. Great punch and crazy top speeds with there natural high rpm's..

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:49 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede
Not true. A properly tuned quad-mag is as fast as anything out there.
I agree; and are these not the same "spec" motor used at the Reedy race in 19T?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Fact is, all current 19t motors should be close in performance. And you can get a "Good" -anymotorhere- that will outperform all other motors and types of 19t spec at any given track.

Reedy Quad,
Integy -atlas
C2
KD
Dynasty
Money motors...

They are all good, and can all be of similar performance.

What I think the disucssion here is, that the KDs and Money Motors seem to be more consistant on getting a good motor, and they build up a little more stout. As with most things in our hobby, there is a great deal of personal expericence an opinion, some good, some bad.
Try one of the motors, find something that works for you and run with it... becuase if your happy, no matter how fast the motor really is, you will drive better, knowing you have a good powerplant in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINKIE
dont get the reedy quad 19t......imo there crap!

and the atlas...get it....fast and reliable. my mate uses a 19t atlas and its a friggin rocket!
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

yep, same motor... Grey can, red endbell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTNTC3
I agree; and are these not the same "spec" motor used at the Reedy race in 19T?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #29
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All his Atlas motors are like that. The problem I have with KD is that once they get hot a few times the magnets are junk...you need to get them rezapped. well thats my observation anyway.... seems like everyone else's magnets hold up to the heat a little better.

Oh and your right...just about all the 19T's are going to be fast on the track.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 AM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
All his Atlas motors are like that. The problem I have with KD is that once they get hot a few times the magnets are junk...you need to get them rezapped. well thats my observation anyway.... seems like everyone else's magnets hold up to the heat a little better.

Oh and your right...just about all the 19T's are going to be fast on the track.
Must be voodoo then, I was thinking maybe his magnets were advanced a bit or something.