Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Putnam Propulsion Motors are now back in the UK!! >

Putnam Propulsion Motors are now back in the UK!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Putnam Propulsion Motors are now back in the UK!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Ok, can some of you explain exactly what the cavity cut achieves, and just as importantly, how it achieves it?

Thanks
Skiddins
When you remove material from the center of the brush, (cavity, slot, etc) it increases the pressure being applied to the leading and trailing edges of the brush, improving commutation. This will help reduce/eliminate heat and damage to the comm and brushes due to arcing. The less comm/brush damage a motor sustains during a run, the less performance loss you will see throughout the run. You may also see a gain in RPM, due to the fact that the full width of the brush is in contact with the comm and that there is now less brush drag on the comm as well.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jo90
Cuttingedge - Ow, my eye . Funny though, my Putnam was faster than your 'special' down the straight and out of bends, just couldn't keep off the kirbs !!!!

Damian - The hole I believe lowers the drag on the comm and perhaps might even keep the brushes cooler due to this (I have not had one brush burn up at all, even after 4 runs with my club based motor).

I believe Todd does a special jig for drilling 3 different size holes, for now though I have resorted to drilling by hand, comes out ok if you take your time and line it up right. Will definately be ordering a jig though for Xmas - will make life alot easier I think.
I ordered a jig last night, well, I already have the ability the slice and dice my brushes, might as well add holes to the list

Skiddins
Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Just a quicky to say a Putnam Pro'Pulsion CO27 powered me to 7th place in Round 1 of Carpet Wars. Round 2 is this weekend so i'll be looking for another good result I hope.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

okay
what overall ratio was you on??

also tell ricky he can`t party till the early hours of the morning then expect to race & turn up on time on the same morning
Old 12-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

I was on 6.34 (25/88). The motor was not to hot when it came off and seemed to hold it's punch throughout the race, just the cells that let me down a bit I think.

Will be good to see you on the track this week Colin

....and Ricky is doing 19t this week so he can be as late as he wants
Old 12-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

If he's too late, he'll be back in stock. But i know he has made provisions to be there nice and early this time.

Good result John. Keep that Putnam flag flying man.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by jo90
I was on 6.34 (25/88). The motor was not to hot when it came off and seemed to hold it's punch throughout the race, just the cells that let me down a bit I think.

Will be good to see you on the track this week Colin

....and Ricky is doing 19t this week so he can be as late as he wants
only asking mainley to confirm my thinking , not to copy like other racer`s think

had a couple of Xtreme runners come over & ask for advice after being told by there Boss man to run 7.2 (monster terroitory) No wonder there`s bad vibes about the co27 if they keep getting told the wrong ratio`s
Had same thing down WKRCC a UK tuner told him it runs like a monster
Old 12-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Monster's were on 7-7.2 at Rug Racers, which from the photo's of CW, RR was a lot tighter.

CW looked almost like an outdoor track layed out on carpet.

What were the other Monster runners on?

John, did you try gearing up from the 6.3 on the CO27 at all?

Skiddins
Old 12-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

I was told as well that you should gear it 2 teeth higher than a monster, but that is pants. I ran what I felt was about right, plus the 2 mentioned and it was blistering by the end of the straight, but dog slow from the bends , plus it came off hotter than molten metal !!!!

I have a feeling with these your better off running normal gearing for a stock and just letting it rev hard which it seems very capable of.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

I did Damian, but it just wasn't right. The final gearing I found seemed ok, the motor run good all the way through the 5 minutes, and wasn't that warm at the end either. Brush wair was good and as such comm wear too due to this
Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Monster's were on 7-7.2 at Rug Racers, which from the photo's of CW, RR was a lot tighter.

CW looked almost like an outdoor track layed out on carpet.

What were the other Monster runners on?

John, did you try gearing up from the 6.3 on the CO27 at all?

Skiddins
was a bleedin big track @ wars
monster were around the 6.9-7.2 mark
X motors 7.1-7.4

co27`s 6.3-6.5

when i run @sidcup it be 8.3-8.5 on a monster
7.6-7.8 on co27t
My roar would be on 8.9-9.00 , But it goes like stink

All in the gearing all in the gearing cya sunday
Old 12-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Tech Adept

Another good weekend for the Putnam CO27. Placed 8th in the A but had a mare in the finals, both times being attacked at the start after a good run up past the cars on the grid or falling fowl to cars crashing in front and on top of me

Ho hum !

I'll be taking the car to Wodson Park next weekend for their own carpet cup so i'll report back how that goes, though im not sure if the comm will last the event
Old 12-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ricky

What stock motors do you have in stock and what are the prices?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Todd: PM sent
Old 12-20-2006, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Is Todd still alive ?? Emailed a few times and no reply and he hasn't been on this thread for ages.

As such im sorry to say im moving to a different motive source for the new year. I wish all the Putnam drivers and Todd all the best for 2007.

Cheers

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.