R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2006, 04:45 AM   #106
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to ammo

How old is the SP-3 X? and how's the parts support?
ammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:39 AM   #107
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

nobody that i'm aware of makes the hex adapters anymore...

faiz, i'd like GTP, but not a gas body, they are much taller, though that is probably what i'll end up using... or modeling my own molds and vacuforming my own bodies which i have done before...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #108
Tech Elite

i keep looking at the images posted from the manual.. it looks to use 4 bolt pattern wheels.. i know someone said it takes touring wheels, but is it touring tires on a 4 bolt rim?

Old 07-13-2006, 02:20 PM   #109
Tech Rookie

It would seem it takes a 4 bolt on the rear...
Attached Thumbnails
Electric 2wd 1/10 Touring Car-sp3xt.jpg  
robf300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #110
Tech Elite

that should kill whatever chance it had of being a big seller.. i figured if i could just run whatever tires and rims i had it would be viable. but to have to buy special rims... forget it..

Old 07-13-2006, 04:12 PM   #111
TEM
Tech Regular

What are you guys talking about? I'm a little confused. These cars are designed to run with foam tires. Typically 10th scale on-road foams. On-road and TC are different things. Jaco and TRC still make pan car 10th scale electric foam tires and wheels and so does a few other companies. The rears are the standard 4 bolt design. Oval on-road is still alive(somewhere) and uses this kind of wheel/tire combos.

And as described above, someone out there(I can't remember the name cause it's been years), does make an adaptor that lets you put regular TC wheels on pan cars. I'll probably end up making my own when I get around to it.
TEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #112
Tech Elite

this car is designed to run touring type rubber tires.. the sp3-extreme is designed to run standard pan tires and be 235mm like the rest in the pro10 class.. this is designed to be 190mm with rubber tires and touring bodies..

Old 07-13-2006, 09:29 PM   #113
Tech Regular

TEM - we talk about Sedan pan car version, drivetrain,suspension, etc. basically identical with on pro 1/10 (235mm) and 1/12,
the only different thing is it has 190 mm width + Rubber tyre + sedan (TC) body > see new F103GT
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:45 PM   #114
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
What are you guys talking about? I'm a little confused. These cars are designed to run with foam tires. Typically 10th scale on-road foams. On-road and TC are different things.
Dear TEM, Overall I can say that we are talking touring (TC) 2WD. All the cars for on-road purposses. As long as 2wd chasis (190mm to 200mm) and touring body (depend). So far in this thread, we are talking about pan car base (2wd) or converted touring 4wd to 2wd.

The main problem with 1/10th pan car class are the tire and body, no more available at LHS. Tire is consumable item. As I know 1/10th pan car class still alive only in USA (oval), Europe and Japan. Most of them just to support local demand. Not available at other part of the world.

Since this class don't have proper class with limit product in the market, people start using their creativity by using what ever available at their LHS.

My experience shows that foam tire having good recovery traction compare to rubber tire. Thats good for on-road 2wd since they are more likely to drift since no more front wheel to pull the car back to the tract. Rubber tire excellent to hold the tract until certain point and then slide. To get back the traction after sliding, foam is batter.

For front tire, we can use 1/10th GP tire direct by using adaptor. Rear tire, pan car we need adaptor. If, 1/10th pan car tire available just use it. For my case, I'm using my old T1R Evo 2 (4wd) that convert to 2wd. By using brushless motor shadow (4 pole), exceleration and top speed looks similar to 5 port turbo 1/10th GP car. But I think, proper 1/10th Pro 10 pan car (wider body) still faster.
UFShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #115
Tech Apprentice

Hi guy,
I just tried my 2WD Xrayl this week end. This is the best so far after using new rear tire (Ellegi 35 shore 30mm). When I push the car to the limit, all my friend having trouble to follow me at my tail even to close the gap. Having more speed compare to them. 2 lap behind me.

The tire give me alot of rear traction. No spin out. I can pull the throttle earlier than before.

The best part of the night is to over take nitro car at any part of the tract with my buddies doing the same. Normally, we are racing together. During starting of the fun race, the fastest at the back and the slowest car at the front. The leader try to keep his racing line and the faster car always try to over take others car. Sometime just get tired coz to much due to parkingson sympton when the leader try keep his racing line

During, the fun race all my friend at the pit keep looking our car to over taking nitro car. I think 4 laps behind. All the EP guy that night.

My buddies using T1R (xray) 4WD (U-Force75 with GM 5T sensoless motor) and Trinity 1/10th pro ten pancar (Brushed system 13T motor).

GM 5T brushless very responsive by using U-Force75 controller with no thermal problem. With battery GP 4300 (no match), he can get 7 to 8 minit tract time. I think his 5T GM faster than 4.5R Novak.

At the end the car work very well for me, I prefer this car (TI Evo2 2WD) for night fun race compare to my 4WD Xray FK05. Simple, low maintenance, faster easy to set-up.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 AM   #116
Tech Regular

Do you guys know where i can get one of the CRC cars.
Hicksey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #117
Tech Elite

i think maybe stormer hobbies, or just straight from teamcrc.com

Old 07-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #118
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksey
Do you guys know where i can get one of the CRC cars.

www.teamcrc.com
Old 07-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #119
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys, some update from me. Rear traction not enough in my last night fun race. My sparring partner keep tailing me by using 6 cell pro10 pancar with 10T brushed (28shore for rear). My car much faster than his car at the straight but I need to slowdown a lot to avoid spinning. Sometime understeer.

I'm using 35shore for rear and 40 for front. Tract surface cool due to rain on afternoon . Wet spot still can be seen at a few place (not to much). May be front 37shore with 32 or 30 shore for rear is better for that condition.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:03 PM   #120
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFShadow
Hi guys, some update from me. Rear traction not enough in my last night fun race. My sparring partner keep tailing me by using 6 cell pro10 pancar with 10T brushed (28shore for rear). My car much faster than his car at the straight but I need to slowdown a lot to avoid spinning. Sometime understeer.

I'm using 35shore for rear and 40 for front. Tract surface cool due to rain on afternoon . Wet spot still can be seen at a few place (not to much). May be front 37shore with 32 or 30 shore for rear is better for that condition.
strange, independent suspaension should help xrays planted better than rigid (live) axle pan car on cornering, did you set the rear arm with antisquat or else?
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote